No announcement yet.

The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are talking about "Dr Jackson's Diary" written by Anais....she took the diary down many years ago as I believe she was writing or publishing professionally and I think (only think mind you) that she was British...it was written very much in the way of "Bridget Jones Diary" ...it still remains one of my favourite fan fictions for comedy and light reading....I once tried to print out every single chapter but gave up about half way through as the printer broke and I had nowhere to store the paper....

I think it could probably be tracked using the Wayback Machine but I never have any luck with that sadly....the only copy I have is on my computer which is screwed at the moment and I have no access to my files nor will I for a long time sadly whilst this Lockdown due to COVID-19 goes on as I can't get it repaired...

But it's definitely Dr Jackson's Diary by Anais...

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Just in case anyone was wondering...

Yep, still a HUGE fan of Jack and Daniel...and read it regularly, either on AO3 or what I've downloaded on my phone/iPad...

I can't believe it's been over 15 years since I got sucked into the "wormhole" that is J/D Friendship...and I'm very lucky that those friends I have made from it are still around, albeit on other mediums and other places...however I just want to say..

LONG LIVE THING!! THING! IS!!!

sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I have recently startet wondering about Jack and Daniel's friendship. Maybe someone can help me out and clear something up for me.
        I am currently rewatching Stargate SG-1 with a friend who has never seen the show before. For our rematch on a Friday evening I bought us pizza and beer. Then I realized that maybe it would be more fitting if we watched hockey (but then that would defeat the purpose of rewatching Stargate).
        Anyways, I have read a lot of fan fiction that either focusses on a friendship or relationship between Jack and Daniel. Almost in each of those stories, there is the "tradition" that Jack and Daniel watch hockey on Friday nights at Jack's place while they are having pizza and beer.
        Now I am wondering whether Jack and Daniel actually ever watched hockey, and ate pizza and beer on a Friday night at Jack's place on the show, or whether this is purely made up. Because I fail to remember such a scene.
        If necessary I will have to wait until we have finished our rewatch to see, but at the pace we are going, that could take a few years. So, maybe someone has an answer for me.

Comment

Working...
        X