Clear All

Torment of Tantalus is a good one too
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Oh yes! That's a good one!!!!

Comment

The pilot/Children of the Gods has that great scene with the two of them at Jack's house. Kind of set the table for it all.

Comment

I have had plenty of crushes on actors and characters before...but Michael Shanks and Richard Dean Anderson are the biggest ones I've ever had. And I think it's because they put so much of themselves into their characters...

There is something magnetic as to how Daniel and Jack seem to draw out not only the best in themselves, but how it's also so easy for their characters to hurt each other, as well, because they know each other so well. That's what makes their episodes so strong and able to stand on their own.

Comment

So, recently discovered a great tidbit on YouTube in behind the scenes footage from when they were shooting Abyss!! It's an excellent look into how they brought back Daniel's character, and how Rick and Michael interacted together on set.

Michael talks about the Ascended!Daniel and we get a look into how smart the director and producers are with one little line from Michael:

"They lock Rick and I into a room to act and they don't give us any damn props! I think it was done on purpose. Nothing to hide behind, nothing to grab hold of, nothing to play with..."

Yes. There is a reason for that. It's because the director and producers know that these two actors bring out the best acting in each other when there's nothing else in the way! Rick's portrayal of Jack is just so raw and real and wonderful in this episode, as is Michael's portrayal of Daniel.

SO MUCH WIN.

Comment

I just watched Daniel's return without his memory...oooh, that was a doozy.

Jack's reaction to seeing Daniel come back, only to realize that he couldn't remember any of them...right in the friendship feels.

remembering.jpg

You can see the difference in the looks. The other two seem upset, sure, but Jack...it hits him to the core. Daniel was the one who knew him best, and he was hurt how Daniel left, as if he chose to abandon them...and now he's back. Look at that reaction. That is *not* a normal reaction. Poor Jack...

I mean, the acting alone floored me, especially in the episodes following it. Michael Shanks somehow played Daniel...but not entirely Daniel. You could tell that something was missing, and still is, and it just amazes me how brilliant an actor he is!

And it's not just him, it's the whole cast.

Really happy I found this show.

Comment

So, Jack just got promoted to Brigadier General...I was determined to hate it, but he is one HELL of a leader! He knows how to make the right call, and he knows how to do the work in the best way possible. Jack and Daniel's relationship hasn't changed, and that makes me even happier!

Daniel even slips at the beginning and refers to him as Colonel, and then corrects himself, and it's just adorable. I love that Jack is still looking to his team for guidance, but especially Daniel. I'm watching the third episode of season 8, "Lockdown", and after Jack shoots Daniel after he shot up the gate-room, the person they ask to see if Daniel was acting weird was Jack. Because they knew he would notice if something was wrong.

Also...

Daniel: "Who shot me?!" *both Sam and Teal'c look at Jack* *Daniel looks about to say something*

Lockdown_422.jpg

Jack: "You were shooting up the gate room!"

Lockdown_426.jpg

Lots of fuzzy feels and it makes me happy their friendship is still going strong.

Oh, and can I just add that Michael Shanks is such a strong presence while on screen? He provides this solid character that feels like a real person, as does Rick with Jack, and they are just the powerhouses that kept this show going for as long as it did.

Comment

So, this was just put up on YouTube a little over a week ago. Rick was asked a question about what his favorite moment was with Michael and it was a lovely answer, and so sincere, and I just simply LOVED it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1SoLxoIOzg

Not sure if the link will show, but if not, just look up "Richard Dean Anderson is asked how it was working with Michael Shanks"

Comment

Oh, that's lovely!

"I adore the guy" ...

Those two were absolutely the heart and soul of the show for me. I loved the team dynamic, too, but these two ... yeah.

Thanks for linking!

Comment

Rick's looking good, too! He's lost a bit of weight already, and I am currently hoping to get to a comicon within the next couple years or so where he and Michael are doing a panel together. My dream is to meet both of them! I found this video, btw, while looking for something about Michael. Their names are never too far apart.

Comment

Finally uploaded some of my favourite pics of Jack and Daniel from the old MGM site when they had all the stills...and prompted by a re-watch of "The Changeling" - one of only 3 episodes I regularly watch from Season 6 (and I think you all know why ) I'm craving a bit of "Fire Chief Jack" and "Pyschologist Daniel" fic...so I'm trawling through my old files to look for some and meanwhile I'm resurrecting this thread to post these two beauties

Enjoy....and more picspam coming later now I have some photos on Imgur at last

Deeds xo
                        sigpic

Comment

Ahhhh.....Good times!

Comment

Good times indeed...

As I just celebrated my 15th Year Anniversary on joining Gateworld and posting in the DJ/MS Thunk Thread - yes 15 years ago TODAY, I'm pretty sure it wasn't long before I found this one too...I must go back and see when I did my first post on here as well..

Still Shipping/Slashing J/D....they are still my truly OTP and I NEVER tire of reading and/or re-reading any fic involving them....

So, Happy Anniversary to me and Jack/Daniel 4 EVAH <3

Deeds xo
                            sigpic

Comment

Found it!...Page 9, Post No. 175 - and I didn't get yammering on here until April 16th 2005 ...

Deeds xo
                              sigpic

Comment

I've been rewatching all of Stargate recently and it's been reminding me of my first fan fictionI ever read but I have no idea where to even start looking for it.

It was written either mid season 3 or a little later. The author was Australian because she regularly apologised for having the wrong info because Australia was behind in airing seasons. Each chapter was at least 30 pages long(I printed them out so I could read them whenever I had the chance) and was almost all written as a diary by Daniel.

After Sha're's death Daniel is painfully alone and either falls for Davis or O'Neill, then later switches to the other one... two chapters follow crazy misadventures of the team. One of a virus that ages the team backwards to infancy and the other of doing an off world survival mission to a planet that just so happened to have a hallucinogenic plant on it so the whole team is high out of their minds by the time they are brought back home. Daniels neighbor dies in another chapter and he takes the face eating cat in... There were portions of text chat from the base and Daniel's screen name was spacemonkey43 which is why I always try to take that handle. The rest is not there or really fuzzy.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X