Page 316 of 318 FirstFirst ... 216266306313314315316 317318 LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,320 of 6352

Thread: The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Default Re: The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Thoroughly enjoyed looking at these wonderful pics, nice start to Sunday evening.

Lou

Thank you....always nice to be appreciated......this pairing is VERY important to me and this place has ALWAYS been a safe haven for like-minded individuals....I decided that I wanted to fill it with happy pics for those of us that believe in the pairing and are still prepared to support and make our small, but perfectly clear, voices heard...

Because Jack and Daniel are.....always will be....

And a BIG thank you to two great guys who made these characters so easy to fall in love with....

Deeds xx

Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Resurrecting this thread because today is Daniel Jackson's birthday....and as he's still with Jack in my happy little world I expect he's getting LOTS of treats from wake up to sun down and beyond

Because THING! IS!!!

Deeds xx

Happy birthday, Daniel!

I'm sure he'll be reminded of THING very early on this special day by a certain someone.

Still the best OTP ever ... + = THING squared

Quote Originally Posted by discodiva View Post
    Resurrecting this thread because today is Daniel Jackson's birthday....and as he's still with Jack in my happy little world I expect he's getting LOTS of treats from wake up to sun down and beyond

Because THING! IS!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/dancingwallnut/sg_promo_036.jpg]

Deeds xx
    THING! THING! THING! IS! IS! IS!

FF

I think it's time for a re-read of a certain Diary....and a rootle through the archives to find a more or less "PG" bit I can post here

xoxoxo

For me, their relationship is the heart and soul of Stargate.
    Last edited by AlmostAntique; July 10th, 2016 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostAntique View Post
    For me, their relationship is the heart and soul of Stargate.

Oh I'm so happy there are still people in this thread lol. I know! it absolutely is, and you know... lol, i hope it's not an unpopular opinion but I always thought there was something homoerotic since the beginning, you know? In the movie.

In the movie, directed by Roland Emmerich, and judging by the way he treats his male characters with certain greek, platonic Erastes/eromenos relationship, and the way he treats his Daniel and his O'Neil (only 1 L )...

Well i think it was translated into the series with the chemistry the two actors had, and then that panel with the inside joke and the sweater thing...

so much love.

A rather lovely fic in five chapters by phoenixgal....poignant as it takes us on a ride through Daniel Jackson's life, with a lovely happy ending.....we lost one of our own in the fandom recently, jenlev (known on LJ and DW) so this is a perfect way to celebrate what a wonderful fandom and friends we have, past and present...

http://archiveofourown.org/works/835...pters/19135396

Deeds xx

HAPPY NEW YEAR

TO ALL MY JACK/DANIEL FRIENDS

Thing!! Is!!!

Deeds xx

Quote Originally Posted by discodiva View Post

Thing!! Is!!!

Deeds xx
    Is. Is. Is!

Happy New Year to you too.

FF

I dunno if there's anyone still around here but!! This relationship between them is awesme, I just finished all the Stargate Series and I missed Daniel/Jack the most.

Oh I'm still around....I will never leave the Jack/Daniel Fandom....I read fanfic regularly, still enjoy every scene they have in Stargate SG1 when I watch it either on my dvds or on tv re-runs and I'm still the biggest Michael Shanks and RDA fan because they brought two great characters to life...

Deeds xx

I came to this forum late, very late....seems like too late to talk to people. I already mentioned somewhere, that during the last few years, I'd read thousands of pages and loved to see how much fun you'd all those years.

I didn't watch Stargate when it was on tv for the first time.....at this time I had so many personal problems, struggles and other priorities....just missed it.

Watching every re-run now (of course have the complete DVD-Box) mainly for Daniel and Jack.
    Have to say I'm not so interested into Jaffa stoylines or Sam's new alien lover....and don't ship Sam/Jack.

What I "ship" is the Jack/Daniel friendship. I love their interaction, the chemistry, the characters, the fun.....I wish I could explain myself better.

Meeting MS and RDA would be a dream....I know lots of you had the opportunity to meet them in the last almost 20 years....I thought I wouldn't have the chance to meet one of them ever.
    This year it will happen, not Richard (cause no way i can go to London) but Michael in Birmingham (Daniel is my no 1 anyway) Yes, I'm a total newbie to this...

I so hope to meet some of you, to talk to some of the normal 'crazy' fangirls.....who're not all about daily "collages".....and other stuff, i don't want to talk about here. ????

Wow, i think it's my longest reply here ever, and it would also fit into the Daniel Jackson and Michael Shanks appreciation thread.

xoxo

Staff Sergeant

When I went to my very first Stargate Convention it was so much fun to meet other people with the same interests as me.
    Too often family and friends would poke fun at me because I was not crazy about the same sport teams as they were. They would talk nonstop about their passion for the Green Bay Packers but laughed at me for being an enthusiastic Stargate fan. I couldn't have a discussion about my interests because they didn't want to hear it. A coworker who was a diehard Trek fan convinced me to go to my first convention. I was so delighted to have conversations with others about Stargate and not be shamed for it. I had a BLAST!
    I am so excited for you to be able to meet Michael! It was a real thrill for me to meet him and I thoroughly enjoyed his wit and intelligence. Have a GREAT time!

Yes, i know what you mean....I've no one around who I could talk to about Stargate and my favourites Daniel and Jack.
    I'm not a avid series watcher, but I try not to miss Stargate re-runs and preferably watch the Daniel (Jack) focused eps. Their friendship is really something special.
    Really looking forward to go to the con and see Michael. :-)

Conversations with other fans is sometimes not so easy.....they're not many people at these threads anymore. The golden age is obviously over....and on twitter it's not so easy to talk to some, I don't even dare to try sometimes....seems like relative newbies are not very welcome :'-(
    I still hope to meet some of them in Birmingham. :-D

Sadly forums are part of the "old world"...Social Media has taken over...and it's not just "newbies" who can be ostracised...some of us older members have also experienced it on SM - it's nothing to do with not being welcome..some fans are just not as nice as others....

I was very lucky to experience this forum in its heyday...we had nowhere else to chat at the time and this and the DJ/MS Thunk Thread became our "Facebook"....the friends I made on there are still my friends but most of them have moved on to other fandoms and to other real life projects....I'm the one that stood still as I don't really involve myself in the "thrill of the fan bit" as much as I really only like/am interested in this particular series and the actor who plays one of the characters....I still read a LOT of slash fiction when I can find it, but having experienced some difficulties over the past year I tend to keep my discussions and thoughts very private with only a few good friends I feel I can trust not to spread any thoughts I might have anywhere else....however what I took away with 90% of those friends I made through Stargate and Gateworld was that our friendship was strong enough to survive without fandom and we are all still interested in each other's lives away from it and more importantly keep in touch out of it...

But I always look out for new J/D fiction....and will most definitely post a link to new stuff if a) it's made public enough to read and b) the link can be fitted within the Gateworld "PG" Forum Guidelines...

Sadly some fiction has been removed by the authors and that's their right.....if someone has decided they no longer want it in the public domain it's not my place to try and find it or pass it on even though there are means to ....as they say, nothing on the internet isn't traceable these days ...

I will, however, endeavour to post more of my favourite Jack and Daniel pics on this thread....when photobucket behaves enough for me to recognise which ones I'm posting..it's being a bit of a 'mare atm...

One of my favs...being a glasses wearer this is one of the most intimate things a "mate" can do.....Jack obviously knows "his" Daniel well ...

Deeds xx

I understand what you mean, you're right about forums.
    In my whole life I was part of just 2 (fandom) forums. One about a Brit actor, whom I still admire :-D
    ...and I agree about those friendships, it's great to have a bond even outside the fandom. :-)
    Social media is full of weird people and you can't be sure who to trust.
    Not just your everyday (strange language talker) stalker we all know.....you can stalk someone on SM in different ways, i see it there everyday...and to honest, i follow some of them, but not sure if i keep doing it. :-(

I just hope you didn't misunderstand me, about the 'welcome' thing. As you see I'm not a native speaker and to say what I mean is not easy for me. :-)
    I'm more of an observer and it sometimes takes ages till I talk/write to someone, I always have the feeling of being pushy/obtrusive if I do it....sometimes I even delete it immediately.....thinking 'what are you doing'

.....already had nightmares about the convention....getting totally lost there....still wondering if it's the right thing to do....maybe I'm 'wacko' ;-)

.....I don't read fan fiction, but really appreciate how much time, work and love people invest in it.

Yes please....pics... <3
    Love this scene....I think thi ep is on tv today...of course I'll watch it.

xo

Tbh we've had many many "other language" people on here over the years and this is why I LOVED the forum...you have time and space to write, think about it, look at it, check it and then post...and you can "edit" "delete" or do whatever you want to "make it look right"...Social Media can be too "fast" for me...especially Twitter..:O

I really miss the great chats we all had on this thread and the DJ Thread, but thankfully as long as this forum remains they are there to read...some of the photos will have gone as people have cleared out their photo hosting sites but if they're like me, I've had mine up on photobucket for over 12 years now!!....so a lot of mine will remain....

This scene is great....it makes me giggle every time..and Jacob's face as he looks at Sam...he soooooo knows they're "doin' it"

Deeds xx

Staff Sergeant

I really enjoy reading Stargate fan fiction that has Daniel as the main focus. Daniel is the character that fascinated me throughout the series. Often times the episode didn't tell the story as completely as I hoped, so reading episode based fan fiction could tell the story in a way that an hour long show could not.
    I enjoyed reading Daniel centric stories so much that I searched for more Stargate stories and was able to find many many good quality stories while they were easily available on the net. Many sites are gone now, but there are still many good stories to be found. This is a very enjoyable hobby of mine that I still spend a lot of time doing.