No announcement yet.

The "Monster" -Further Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy that got sucked into the engine was Gary Troup who wrote the book Bad Twin (a tie in Book for Lost, talking about The Hanso Foundation) his girlfriend was Cindy, the Flight Attendant from the Tailies who was Kidnapped near the end of The Other 48 Days.

On www.thehansofoundation.org they mention the book & denounce it for having false accusations of The Hanso Foundation, it was in some US newspapers too. Maybe THF wanted to get rid of him, such as the way the Psychic wanted Claire on OF 815 too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
      The guy that got sucked into the engine was Gary Troup who wrote the book Bad Twin (a tie in Book for Lost, talking about The Hanso Foundation) his girlfriend was Cindy, the Flight Attendant from the Tailies who was Kidnapped near the end of The Other 48 Days.
      how do you know this?

and if you watch the DVDs, you CAN see a little black swirl fly around the dude before he is tossed into the engine, and then the big black thing swoops down and touches it off and explodes.
      a man getting sucked into an engine most likely wouldn't make it explode.

but thats what they wanted us to think - especially in the first episode. they wanted to put clues there, but nothing anyone would necessarily notice in the series' premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
        and if you watch the DVDs, you CAN see a little black swirl fly around the dude before he is tossed into the engine, and then the big black thing swoops down and touches it off and explodes.
        Interesting. This must have been added to the DVD release, because it certainly isn't visible in the VCR recording I have.

a man getting sucked into an engine most likely wouldn't make it explode.
        Actually, it probably would. I've seen enough training vids on birds being sucked in to know the catastrophic damage possible, including a touching off of any fuel vapors present.

but thats what they wanted us to think - especially in the first episode. they wanted to put clues there, but nothing anyone would necessarily notice in the series' premiere.
        All the more reason for me to get those DVDs!!
        "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
        -----

Comment

how do you know this?
          It's out there, you have to keep up.

Comment

Interesting. This must have been added to the DVD release, because it certainly isn't visible in the VCR recording I have.

I don't think it was necessarily added to the DVD, simply nearly unviewable without it. The wisps exist on frame for 2-3 frames each and are very faint.

Yes but the Troupe stuff is still rumors.
            "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
              but, but i'm tired...

Originally posted by ItsDan
              [I]I
              I don't think it was necessarily added to the DVD, simply nearly unviewable without it. The wisps exist on frame for 2-3 frames each and are very faint.
              yeah it wasn't added to the DVD. I saw it on the original downloaded copy of the show. the big black swooping thing that touches the engine is incredibly visible too. the little wisps not as much. that was something i noticed on the DVD.

Comment

I also never noticed the black smoke near the engine ..I just thought the guy was sucked in it because he was too close ..but now that we know that there is a black smoke , it's probably easy to see .
                When the pilot aired , we had no idea where they really were and all we heard and saw was that big noise by the beach and the trees all swinging and the survivors looking at the phenomenon !!!

I 've only seen until the 23 psalm so far .I live in the UK but I'm liking season 2

Caty

Comment

erm... i'll have go watch the pilot again.

however is it not just possible that it was black smoke from the plane that had just crashed and was on fire?

saying that though, it also fits with the 'you've seen it before and not realised' theory.

*off to watch pilot*

Comment

Originally posted by *E*K*R*
                    erm... i'll have go watch the pilot again.

however is it not just possible that it was black smoke from the plane that had just crashed and was on fire?

saying that though, it also fits with the 'you've seen it before and not realised' theory.

*off to watch pilot*
                    the wisps around the guy move back and forth quickly, and the big swooping black thing that touches off the engine is clearly not smoke from anything, as you'll see when you watch it. its an entity of its own thats for sure.

Comment

the wisps around the guy move back and forth quickly, and the big swooping black thing that touches off the engine is clearly not smoke from anything, as you'll see when you watch it. its an entity of its own thats for sure.

ok... i have watched it again, and i actually don't see ANY smoke in that scene??? and i've watched it again and again... which is a little morbid.

are you guys watching the US dvd release, i wonder if they have added it subtly. I even watched it frame by frame- and nothing. *confused*

there's lots of black smoke in general in that whole crash scene, but i can't see any when the guy gets sucked into the engine. hmmm?

Comment

its not easy to see like the big one - the wisps are very small, and it just kind of flutters back and forth in front of him. i'd say its maybe the size of his hand or so, but longer. you gotta look close. its fast.

but please tell me you saw the big swooping one touch off the top of the engine when it explodes.

Comment

Woah thats interesting stuff. I was planning on re-watching the first 2 seasons again anyways, now that we now how messed up the Island is, but now I can't wait to watch the pilot! Thanks for the heads up guys. Bye 4 now
                          Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
                          ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
                          <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Working...
                          X