No announcement yet.

Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We always considered the "spoilers" on my SG forum as a moderator that fans should not talk about future lore events because what if a new viewer will read this episode thread. We know as hardcore fans when the lore was extended here or there, so I am sorry it was my fault to talk about the future role of the outpost. And somehow I have even managed to delete my post via my tablet. Oops. I know 10-15 years have passed, but i believe it is a fair expectations to not ruin the fun of future SG fans. I am sorry again, gaters.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The perfect Series Finale. Why did they continue after? It had a build in cliffhanger (dead O'Neill) that could have lead into plenty of movies after. Oh well.

It would have been so nice for this to be the end of Kinsey. My God that man had long overstayed his welcome. Not a fan of this Weir because despite the fact that I understand how overwhelming it all is, she is so unsure of herself. The actress always looked like a deer caught in headlights. She is also supposed to be a super negotiator but can't even negotiate her way into a taxi cab. Can't blame the actress completely though as the writing for her didn't do her any favors. Another female character who the writers didn't serve well at this point was Carter. Jack, Pete, Jack, Pete, Jack...make up your damn mind writers. It makes her look fickle.

I love this episode the most because it feels old school. Team action had become less of a thing on the show by this point, so having them go on quests among the universe was fun. O'Neill once again willing to sacrifice himself for both his team and the greater good. Lots of great action. Everything that made SG-1 a great show was in this double episode. If only it had ended here (not counting movies)...

Comment

Originally posted by gate101 View Post
        The perfect Series Finale. Why did they continue after? It had a build in cliffhanger (dead O'Neill) that could have lead into plenty of movies after. Oh well.
        Because they were renewed.

With regards to writing for female characters -- never a strong point with the stargate writer's room crew.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The same has happened with almost every season:

season 6 - Full circle - the final episode is placed on Abydos again where the whole show has started then Goa'uld Systemlord are defeated by Anubis, they have got the tablet to Atlantis - then nope it was the wrong city (Vis uban) as we have got s7

season 7 - Lost City - basically a full circle, but instead of Abydos we have returned to Earth , then Goa'uld Systemlord seemed to be defeated during the season by kull warriors then Anubis and his fleet were also "killed" in the season finale while SG-1 has discovered Atlantis - then nope as we have got s8 and the newly discovered place is just an outpost

season 8 - Threads and Moebius -
          Spoiler:
          Goa'uld Systemlord are defeated during the season by Replicators then Anubis and RepliCarter were also killed / blocked in the Threads - while Moebius has taken a full circle route again to revisit once more where they have started but now they have visited to Chulak to make an alternate version of Children of the Gods then even a major revelation about the role of SG-1 in the rebellion against Ra

So I have to admit s6. s7 and s8 have finished with a similar plot as they really wanted to close the Goa'uld chapter. Then s9 (Stargate : Command s1) has arrived...
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I think you can't blame them for writing these endings, especially when renewals happened after all was written so it's just a thing of the industry.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Of course not. I am glad they were going on and they have tried to close all season where the whoel SG-1 has started. This nostalgia has worked for the Continuum too.

Comment

Incredible end of the season.
                That moment between Teal'c and Jack. Amazing. I liked whole figting scene and also Hammond in Prometheus. He fit there And I liked really everything except one thing-
                The whole thing with Jaffa traitor. It was really predictable. Never mind.

Comment

10:15

A fabulous ending to a “meh” season. Truthfully, The best episodes for me are Heroes and Lost City ones— the rest were okay with some good highlights.

Comment

Working...
                  X