No announcement yet.

Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be interesting to see a follow up what could happen if the ice is going to melt on Antarctica? Will the virus be released to infect everyone on Earth?

I was just thinking on this fan fiction idea, because what if it is also a "time bomb" of an alien intervention? So the aliens have flooded the Ancient outpost to block the stargate. Then they knew that if Earth is going to reach a critical technological level then the global warming will melt the ice and they can be eliminated as a long-term masterplan / punishment of this alien race. I know it is sounds a really dark twist.

It would also be good to know why the Ancients have build their knowledge deposit. Was it meant for random ATA gene carriers? Or were they waiting for somebody to return from a journey (like Merlin and the knights of the Roundtable)? Or was it meant for the Nox/Asgard/Furling or any other advanced race or advanced human?

Anyway this episode is still one of the best. I wish they could have released as an upgraded, individual DVD movie.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      It would be interesting to see a follow up what could happen if the ice is going to melt on Antarctica? Will the virus be released to infect everyone on Earth?
      Considering what could actually, in reality, be released from those ice cores... I don't think I want to know.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu
        ... but that is a spoiler here for the newbies. And the outpost was quickly destroyed in Continuum too.
        Good thing then that the spoiler rule no longer applies.

Comment

Ooops. Silly me. I will edit my post.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            Ooops. Silly me. I will edit my post.
            Something about being off the air for more than a decade...

It's kinda like saying, "Don't tell me what happens to the Titanic. I don't want to be spoiled." ...

Comment

While I happen to be one of those people for whom there is no such thing as a spoiler (you can tell me the entire plot, and even quote the dialog, and it will not lessen--and may even increase--my enjoyment), I do understand people for whom the anticipation is just as important as the actual event.

That said, if you are so spoiler averse that you think 10 years is too soon to reveal plot details, I think you need to get a life.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                While I happen to be one of those people for whom there is no such thing as a spoiler (you can tell me the entire plot, and even quote the dialog, and it will not lessen--and may even increase--my enjoyment), I do understand people for whom the anticipation is just as important as the actual event.
                Shyamalan films are basically ruined when you know the plot -- so it really depends.

I have a problem with something new getting spoiled. If it's been off air for a decade... well... that's just not in the same league any more.

And by the way, the Titanic sinks at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  And by the way, the Titanic sinks at the end.
                  I am glad I didn't tell you that, I wouldn't want to upset you.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                    I am glad I didn't tell you that, I wouldn't want to upset you.
                    Don't worry, I know more about that ship than the average person... Did you know there was a Joseph Dawson on board? He was a worker down below. He didn't survive. His grave marker is on the Halifax cemetery in Canada.

Until the wreck was located in 1985, the stories that she broke in two were rarely believed. Everyone thought Titanic went under in one piece. She didn't. The debris field is 2 square miles -- most of the debris is situated near the stern.

Anywho... you were saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Shyamalan films are basically ruined when you know the plot
                      They may be ruined for you, but that doesn't mean they'd be ruined for me. It's not up to you to decide for me.

That's really the basic rule about spoilers in general.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

They may be ruined for you, but that doesn't mean they'd be ruined for me. It's not up to you to decide for me.

Seaboe
                        I've always been baffled by people who complain about spoilers when they're in a discussion board for a specific episode. Why on earth would you be here if you don't want to know what happened in the episode?

Comment

It is my fault as I have started to talk about future events regarding the Ancient chair and the outpost. Sorry. I will edit my post on my pc as the tablet version of the forum motor wants to delete the post all the time.

Comment

BUT... that doesn't mean you should spread them around like candy either.

I literally have no issues with anyone loving spoilers. I would spoil the hell out of everything you loved watching, but I generally am a second/third/fourth/fifth audience level so basically I'm the one getting spoiled by the first level audience, except when it comes to big Marvel films cause they air in Europe first.

Comment

FH, I think we're in agreement, but talking at cross purposes.

I agree that whether something is a spoiler is a personal decision, and it's not my place to make that decision for anyone else, no more than it's their place to make it for me.

However, there also has to be a reasonable time limit on spoilers. Someone coming to a TV show 10 years after it went off the air doesn't get to tell us that our discussion contains spoilers, just because they've suddenly become interested in the show. As hammerbutt noted, if you don't want to know, don't read the episode threads.

Seaboe

Comment

Lost in translation?

Definitely in agreement.

Comment

Working...
                                X