No announcement yet.

Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice two parter. I do like the SGA Wier better but didn't hate this one. The one really bad thing I didn't care for were the super soldiers coming down two at a time. You can fit like 8 people in those rings why send down two at a time. At least send down four. Also going to some planet just to come back to Earth was a waste.

I think my favorite scene was with teal'c when Jack touch his face. Would have been nice to see them kiss. The fight scene on the shuttle was also a high point.

Comment

THe going to that planet and then coming back was cause we NEEDED the ZPM it had to operate the chair.
      As to the super soldiers coming down 2 at a time, perhaps the ;energy resistance' in their armor had something to do with it..

Comment

Let's face it: they came down 2 at a time because that's how many costumes they had.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          Let's face it: they came down 2 at a time because that's how many costumes they had.

Seaboe
          Lol, or they learned from previous experience of beaming down as a bunch in a tight space because it cramped their individual style, they couldn't do that dramatic stance and fire!

Comment

Who knows, maybe because Anubis knew that there is a very powerful weapon and he wouldn't risk sending too many Kulls..eeh, doesn't matter. A superb episode, which is filled with very important moments, very touching too. When Jack says: "aveo, amacus" (goodbye, friends), its kinda cool.
            sigpic

Comment

Creepy, touching, exciting - the ultimate air fight, last-second rescue and a cool O'Neill saying goodbye.
              What's next?
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                Creepy, touching, exciting - the ultimate air fight, last-second rescue and a cool O'Neill saying goodbye.
                What's next?
                I would have loved it had the air battle, been just a little longer..

Comment

I`m posting my thoughts about both episodes together, because I saw them as one and I`m not sure where one end and other begins.

I really liked Dr Weir. She is such great character in these two episodes. She is in very hard position where she has to replace beloved commander, live up to expectation of president and fight for what`s right and against Kinsey. And all of that despite she has no friends in SGC and her knowledge of whole situation is so new.

I loved that team was again together and interacting with each other. From that first phone call to that last scene in Antarctica. I don`t understand why the writers and co have a need to separate them so much. I know that RDA didn`t want to play so much, but there was not a valid reason so separate Sam, Daniel and Teal`c so much. Resurrection was good example how it could have worked well.

I loved how Jack was shown in this episodes as very good head of the team and member of army once again. He protected his team with everything he had, didn`t allow either Daniel nor Sam use that Ancient thing, but willingly did it himself. He knew when to give up his command and made it easier on Sam. And he gave up literally everything to save this planet.

I liked the mix of Goa`uld and Ancient story, politics, team moments, banter, new characters, a couple of bad guys in a form of Anubis and Kinsey, adventure, action, battle with Hammond on a ship, humor, tender moments and even little Sam and Jack ship thrown in in this two episodes. For me The Lost City I. and II. are best episodes in whole seven seasons. They had everything I love so much about the show in them.

I have noticed again how great RDA is at non verbal expression of himself. I loved his scene with Teal`c and others were good too.

spolier to Atlantis
                  Spoiler:
                  I like that the actresses they picked for Weir in this episode and for Atlantis had a lot in common. It wasn`t a shock for me to see in this episode different one and I could easily imagine that Weir just dyed her hair and went to Atlantis.

Comment

You know, it's a good thing Anubis showed up in the white house. I mean, he clearly doesn't really understand how Earth's governments work so it's a good thing he showed up in the government building of a nation that knew about the stargate program. Imagine how awkward it would'e been if he showed up at Kim Jong Il's place instead.

sigpic
                    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Review: see Lost City, Part 1 episode thread.

How would you rate SG-1's "Lost City, Part 2"?

Excellent

Good
                      Fair
                      Poor
                      Terrible

-----------------EDIT----------------

2(4)-episode quiz: Lost City & New Order(s8)

Jigsaw puzzle: Lost City, part II

And the End of Season 7 poll can be found in the general "Proper Stargate Rewatch" thread.
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 15 August 2019, 10:00 AM. Reason: Adding quiz & jigsaw
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

12:26
                        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I hate this episode. Just terrible. Oh, look an angry mob.

Kidding aside, of course I like this episode. I think the reason it works is how beautifully its able to get both character interaction and action. Battle of Antarctica is one of my favorite scenes. If their is a compliant, its the Brs'tac betrayal unnesacarry and it seems like we retcon that the Ancient device gives you Ancient abilities.
                          Really an excellent with 7:23
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            If their is a compliant, its the Brs'tac betrayal unnesacarry...
                            I was yelling "TRAP!" when Ronin offered his ship so readily, but Teal'c and Bra'tac wouldn't listen.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            ...and it seems like we retcon that the Ancient device gives you Ancient abilities.
                            With the Ancient knowledge comes great power?

Comment

My friend and I joke that you can tell Ronin is evil because he speaks so softly.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                                My friend and I joke that you can tell Ronin is evil because he speaks so softly.
                                See... that just screams "TRAP!"

Comment

Working...
                                X