Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baal_Lord
    One part i loved in thsi episode was when daniel was talkign to jack about the crossowrd, and cater looks, and it says godly body or something, and jack wrote Uma Therman! lol
    Carter reads the clue as "celestial body".

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
      Carter reads the clue as "celestial body".
      You think she was describing herself?
      Rocky

Comment

Both her and Uma Therman are celestial bodies IMO.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

This episode was absolutely great! This mini-series in season 7 thro 8 (Inauguration, Lost City 1;2, New Order 1;2) Is their best work ever. It can not get much better than this. If only they would bring back Apophis one more time... I know, not gonna happen. He's finally been killed off once and for all.

But anyway, this one had some of their best funny moments. From Uma Thurman's heavenly body to the President telling Kinsey to shut up. *yes, I laughed at that*. This has also had one of their greatest fights ever. Scratch that: it has had the greatest fight they've had yet. They're gonna have to work hard to beat that final fight.

My favorite episode, I loved this.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

The Lost City was the best episode of any TV show I have ever seen in my LIFE!!!!
            IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

(spoiler to follow):

I found it really funny when the president says: "go to Defcon 1 and alert the governments of russia, china, great britain, france, and CANADA"

hahahahaha Canada.............hahaha that was really funny..........like we are going to help save the world with our 2 defunct submarines and broken down helicopters.

Comment

Maybe he thought anything could help? I dunno.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

The ancient weapon seemed nothing more than glowing, yellow jellyfish, which kinda looked stupid. The SFX guys must look in horror when they watch it back in the commentary.
                Alot of wasted stuff in the two parter. it needed more arch stuff from Anubis. Swanning around the decks of his mothership threatening destruction upon everyone. The President playing it for laughs undermined the supposed seriousness of it all.
                The final SFX was good overall, though it sometimes looks a bit cartoony.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                  The ancient weapon seemed nothing more than glowing, yellow jellyfish, which kinda looked stupid. The SFX guys must look in horror when they watch it back in the commentary.
                  Alot of wasted stuff in the two parter. it needed more arch stuff from Anubis. Swanning around the decks of his mothership threatening destruction upon everyone. The President playing it for laughs undermined the supposed seriousness of it all.
                  The final SFX was good overall, though it sometimes looks a bit cartoony.

I think the weapon was cool, wheatheror not it was meant to look like jellyfish.

Perhaps Anubis could have made a bigger threat, yes, but if Earth didn't react when they did ... they'd be gonners. Anubis had already started moving his fleet onto Earth, so we would have eiether been slughtered or enslaved.

President Hayes did good, but I doubt we'll see something like this in future episodes, example being his attitude. We certainly didn't see it in Inaugruation.
                  __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                    Perhaps Anubis could have made a bigger threat, yes, but if Earth didn't react when they did ... they'd be gonners.
                    yeah I like Anubis so I was kinda hoping that he played a bigger part in this but it liked the episode very well and it didn't bodered me at all when the Ancient drones looked a bit cartoony
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                      yeah I like Anubis so I was kinda hoping that he played a bigger part in this but it liked the episode very well and it didn't bodered me at all when the Ancient drones looked a bit cartoony
                      But what possessed them to make them look like yellow jellyfish?! Freeze frame it and they're definately Jellyfish!!!

Comment

Agreed, they do look like alien jellyfish (look in Atlantis' "Rising" and you can see one up close), but for all we know, the Ancients might have gotten the design idea from another planet they visited or something. And besides, I think the jelly-fish kinda went with the jelly-pad O'neill used to control the weapon.

Comment

I liked that the Ancient weapons were the Glowing Jellyfish of Doom. TPTB could've easily gone with some cliche phaser/blaster/pulse cannon that would fire some beam at Anubis, but instead they went with something that was completely unexpected and original. Kudos to the SG-1 team
                          MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Although the drone weapons do look like jellyfish, I don't think they're meant to look like them, it's just how it turned out.

Spoilers, Rising Pt 1 - Pt 2.
                            Spoiler:
                            Especially in Atlantis when we see the single drone in close-up ... it certainly looks like a jellyfish. However when fired from the puddle-jumper, it looks nothing like one there.

I think it all may depend on the angle that you're viewing the drone from. Some ways it looks like a jellyfish, others it doesn't.
                            __

__

Comment

This is true. Thinking about it, it looks more like a squid deactivated. Lol. ( I know I missed the point of the above post, but I like having fun)

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                                This is true. Thinking about it, it looks more like a squid deactivated. Lol. ( I know I missed the point of the above post, but I like having fun)

True. I wonder what they really were meant to look like though? Perhaps they weren't intending to be like jellyfish, but just a sort of energy cell? Who knows ... but it is an interesting question.
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X