No announcement yet.

Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

erm.. "Children of the Gods" orignially aired as a single episode.

There were some good parts and bad parts in this episode, but mostly it was good.. Except the ending.. Well it wasn't really an ending. It seems like they ran out of time and said okay, this is the end. See ya later. Not even a to be continued.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
      erm.. "Children of the Gods" orignially aired as a single episode.
      Good point, the first time I was CotG was on Scifi and it was done in two parts.

However that doesn't change the fact that the playtime for CotG, on my DVD, is almost 97 minutes which is 8-9 minutes over the standard 88-89 minutes for 2 episodes. And that's the kind of thing I'm hoping they'll do with The Lost City since they are going to be making it one episode on the DVD.

There were some good parts and bad parts in this episode, but mostly it was good.. Except the ending.. Well it wasn't really an ending. It seems like they ran out of time and said okay, this is the end. See ya later. Not even a to be continued.
      I always took that as come back and watch next week too! Of course once you've watched a few times then you're more likely to come back next week too.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I would think that a three-parter would have been better. The time of those three eps would equal (give or take) the rough time of a movie version. I'd like to get a copy of the movie script to see where they differ.
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

My guess is that they don't differ much. They beat Anubis and then find the Lost City in Antartica and it flies away!
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
            However that doesn't change the fact that the playtime for CotG, on my DVD, is almost 97 minutes which is 8-9 minutes over the standard 88-89 minutes for 2 episodes. And that's the kind of thing I'm hoping they'll do with The Lost City since they are going to be making it one episode on the DVD.
            They are? Where did you hear that? CotG is a "special" episode in that it is the pilot. All the other two-parters on all the (R1) DVDs are intact as individual episodes, not run together as a single episode.
            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
            once done, cannot be undone...
            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

There's nothing official to suggest that there's any likelihood of LC having missing scenes replaced for the DVD. The cut scenes from Fallen and Space Race (that SciFi's website showed) never turned up on the DVDs.

Still, that doesn't stop a lot of people from *hoping* that LC is the first to break the pattern. I'd love it if there were extra scenes on the LC DVD.

Madeleine

Comment

Generally, when a show comes out on DVD for example Stargate releases about two or even three episodes on one DVD which they like to call volumes. In nearly all cases, the deleted scenes never really appear on these DVD's. Normally they appear on the boxset. It has been the same with Angel, Buffy and 24. For some reason they like to do it all on a bonus DVD [probably to get more attention to that set]
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                  They are? Where did you hear that? CotG is a "special" episode in that it is the pilot. All the other two-parters on all the (R1) DVDs are intact as individual episodes, not run together as a single episode.
                  I heard it on this thread: Region 2 Season 7 DVD info

Relevant quote:
                  Stargate SG-1 Volume 37 - 28th June 2004

(episodes: "Lost City" - both parts apparently combined into one
                  feature-length episode).
                  Special features:
                  - Preview of Stargate Atlantis
                  - SG-1 Directors Series: Lost City with Martin Wood
                  - Journey inside Lost City - The storyboard progress
                  - Bra`tac vs Ronan: Designing the fight
                  - Stargate Magic: Inside the lab
                  - "Lost City" commentary by director Martin Wood
                  - Easter Egg: Richard Dean Anderson - My life as a mime
                  - Season 7 Stills Gallery
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

I have all six boxsets of Stargate SG-1 (R1) and although I haven't made it through every second of special features in S6, I don't remember seeing any deleted scenes other than the ones posted on SciFi. Is this stuff only on R2?

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

I didn't say there was, I said the normally is. I have all six boxsets but no special edition DVDs. There should be though
                      __

__

Comment

I can see how TLC can run together as one episode quite seamlessly. The original broadcast of Fallen/Homecoming on SciFi was a two-hour broadcast with the credits for both shows at the beginning.

I would prefer to have the episodes intact as broadcast rather than special "director's cuts" with additional scenes inserted. Not that I don't want the extra scenes, but as a special feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                          I would prefer to have the episodes intact as broadcast rather than special "director's cuts" with additional scenes inserted. Not that I don't want the extra scenes, but as a special feature.
                          If they do have "missing" scenes I'd rather they were in the episode because that's how the director intended for the show to be seen.

That's the same reason I like widescreen vs. letterbox. The director filmed the show in widescreen that's what his/her vision of the movie/episode was and that's what I'd like to see it: the director's vision, what s/he intended for me to see. (It's the artist/musician in me )

Part of the reason I'm hoping they have "missing" scenes is beacuse this was supposed to be a movie and this is the first time since CotG that they've combine two episodes.
                          ~BCM =)

Comment

[QUOTE=bcmilcoThat's the same reason I like widescreen vs. letterbox. The director filmed the show in widescreen that's what his/her vision of the movie/episode was and that's what I'd like to see it: the director's vision, what s/he intended for me to see. (It's the artist/musician in me )
                            [/QUOTE]

Not to mention that you see more of what's going on with widescreen.
                            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

One of my favorite parts of this ep can be said in two words: KINSEY FIRED. I'm liking this new president, he's got some class. =)
                              Teenager Wisdom: "There's no such thing as original thought anymore. We're all just regurgitating the same old ideas over and over again, melting them down into a giant melting pot of mediocrity." -Andy Spencer, CITIZEN JOE
                              CkiCki

Comment

I agree. Hayes is execellent as the prez
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X