Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
    erm.. "Children of the Gods" orignially aired as a single episode.

There were some good parts and bad parts in this episode, but mostly it was good.. Except the ending.. Well it wasn't really an ending. It seems like they ran out of time and said okay, this is the end. See ya later. Not even a to be continued.
    Yea i felt that too. The battle scene was only in the last 5 mins even though that was cool. We only got to see about 30 secs of the f-302s taking it to the goa'uld fleet.

I just loved Jack's facial expressions though. He doesn't even need to say words to do good acting.

Comment

Whats wrong with Jelly Fish people. Maybe millions of years ago when the Ancients were at the height of their power there was a type of jelly fish that were really powerful beings that died out and so the Ancients made weapons that reflected that.

Comment

I LOVED this episode!!!
        I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

I was just watching the lost city on my DVD season 7 box and just realized something. When Anubis and his 30 motherships enter earths orbit and start prepairing to take out Earth. why did he do it so oddly.. in the past 8 seasons we have seen how the Goa'uld take out planets that dont want to submit to there rule.. they just start with 1 city at a time and absolutly destroy the whole world.

Now in the lost city episode Anubis seems to take his time.. first he takes out a buncha battlecruisers in the ocean than he takes out the communications of the planet.. i mean why would that be any consern to him? its never Goa'uld's care for what the planet in question has they just send everything they got at once.

One might say he was carefull about what he did because he wasnt sure if Earth had the weapons of the Acients but that wouldnt make sense either because thats why Anubis sent 3 ships to scout Earth first and see if there was any danger for the other Motherships.

any thoughts on this?

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Dramatic tension

He may also have been hoping to capture the Ancient weapons if he could. He did try once he found where they were. I guess he just didn't count on them being so powerful.

Comment

I was going to say how he couldn't be sure that they didn't have anything of their own to offer an organized resistance to him, but it just occurred to me:

In "Threads" they kept showing how ascended beings could see all kinds of things, so he should've been able to know exactly what we had... Weird...
              Sentio Aliquos Togatos Contra Me Conspirare

Comment

Originally posted by grendelsbayne
                I was going to say how he couldn't be sure that they didn't have anything of their own to offer an organized resistance to him, but it just occurred to me:

In "Threads" they kept showing how ascended beings could see all kinds of things, so he should've been able to know exactly what we had... Weird...
                Yes, but in Threads they also said explicitly that Anubis might know everything an Ascended being might know, but he can't act on it unless there is a way for him to have known it/figured it out as a normal Goa'uld. Which must be very frustrating. As to why he didn't just start frying cities, remember he didn't know if SG-1 had found the outpost yet; he was testing the waters, hoping not to get in too deep if they did get their hands on something. As it turned out, SG-1 got what they were looking for at the absolute worst time for him: after he'd committed fully to the attack and couldn't escape in time, but before he could crush the Tau'ri.
                My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Did you get the 'Lost City" to play without all that garbled interference in the picture Tony?.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

excellent episode nothing bad about it.
                    "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

I think that we do not yet know the reality of what an ascended being truly knows, because in "Reckoning" Anubis said to Ba'al, is that right, I don't know, but anyway he said that you have no way of knowing what is, and what is not necessary for the grand design. Perhaps the ancients and Anubis already knew that Sg-1 would defeat the his forces, with the ancient tech.

Think about it, as ascended beings, enlightened and everything, they probably contain the destiny of many worlds in their collective ascended consciousness, maybe Anubis was just playing the role that he was destined to play!

Comment

Umm, I think Anubis
                        Spoiler:
                        was just trying to save face (it was in Threads after the Replicators had been defeated) and still appear almighty even before Baal, who probably doesn't really understand what an Ascended being is. Speculation, yes. But also keep in mind that if the Ascended beings could see into the future, Anubis wouldn't have been so surprised by SG-1 blowing him out of the sky in this one and then being attacked by Oma in Threads. The other Ancients looked surprised as well.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                          Umm, I think Anubis
                          Spoiler:
                          was just trying to save face (it was in Threads after the Replicators had been defeated) and still appear almighty even before Baal, who probably doesn't really understand what an Ascended being is. Speculation, yes. But also keep in mind that if the Ascended beings could see into the future, Anubis wouldn't have been so surprised by SG-1 blowing him out of the sky in this one and then being attacked by Oma in Threads. The other Ancients looked surprised as well.
                          cool assessment....

Comment

Thanx!
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

i love this EP the city is findly found or is it hahah

yeah i know but i think that the Ancient outpost is cool and the last scene with carter and o'neill is great and touching at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis345
                                i love this EP the city is findly found or is it hahah

yeah i know but i think that the Ancient outpost is cool and the last scene with carter and o'neill is great and touching at the same time

The city isnt found as we know *wink wink*

Great conclusion to Season 7, this season has had some of the best Stargate Epsidoes!!!!!!!!!!!!, More of the same please in Season 8,

IMO this would have been great as a film !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X