Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis
    True. I wonder what they really were meant to look like though? Perhaps they weren't intending to be like jellyfish, but just a sort of energy cell? Who knows ... but it is an interesting question.
    Perhaps I think we'll never know for sure
    Lord Zedd

Comment

all i have to say about this ep is one word: awesome. i loved this show more than any other one.
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
        Perhaps I think we'll never know for sure

Probably not, but we can always bicker on about it.

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
        all i have to say about this ep is one word: awesome. i loved this show more than any other one.

Too right. Quality scens, decent O'Neill and good storyline.
        __

__

Comment

I wonder what they say on the directors commentary about the Ancient yellow squid killers(yes, I've renamed them). I think if they hadn't made them so yellowish, they wouldn't have come across as so cartoony. Perhaps just a bright white would have been better. I haven't seen Atlantis(not on in Australia as yet) so I don't know whether there is more about the Ancient yellow squid killers.

Comment

I haven't got the DVDs yet, because they're not yet out in the UK.

Anyway, I have seen Atlantis...

Spoilers, Rising Pt 1 - Rising Pt 2
            Spoiler:
            The jellyish are actually more white in Atlantis than in the S& finale of SG1, so you've got that. And when they're fired in Atlantis, they don't look like dellyfish. I think it's mainly because they were all fired at once,
            causing the overall effect to look like jellyfish.
            __

__

Comment

I loved this ep.

True Love! <3 True Love! <3

Comment

So I finally got a DVD player, and this would be what I bought to test it.

I missed almost all of season seven when it aired for various reasons, and I am sitting here listening to the commentaries having watched the episode full though.

A) Jessica Steen as Dr. Elizabeth Weir. So I've been a big supporter/fan of Dr. Weir as Torri Higginson and one of the handicaps I had in the Battle of the Weirs was the fact that I hadn't seen Steen's portrayal.

So now i have. I have to say right now that I still think that I prefer Higginson. Jessica Steen is a fine actress and I have enjoyed her in other roles, but to me this one didn't seem to fit. She lacks any sense of strength or self confidence. I can't convince myself that this woman is a heavily hitting diplomat.

Seperate from the actress issues I really question the wordrobe choices. Just wasn't digging the fridge skirt or the sweetshirt in the SGC. It just hightened my sense that the character in this portrayal would not have been credible in the Atlantis role.

B) The rest of the episode. It was very well paced, and I enjoyed the feeling as whole. I didn't find myself fast forwarding through anything. The ending seemed rushed, as in fact did the destruction of the carrier battle group.

C) The air force chief of staff managed his lines well. Better than a lot of "as himself" appearances from other figures.

Comment

i loved this ep the ending was the best and the war was great

Comment

I finally got around to watching this episode last night. Wow what an ending. I was so happy I could cry. Poor poor Anubis!

Comment

I sort of missed the debate, so I'm just gona add my thoughts here.

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      She lacks any sense of strength or self confidence. I can't convince myself that this woman is a heavily hitting diplomat.

Seperate from the actress issues I really question the wordrobe choices.
                      Funny, I felt it went hand in hand. Jessica Steen's portray of Weir felt more like the woman is an ambitiuos journalist who doesn't quite know yet how to handle the "big" situations, she didn't feel like a seasoned diplomat. And the wardrobe only emphasized this for me.
                      Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

Okay this ep was just shown on T4, so thought I'd come and air my views.
                        An exciting episode - I think I enjoyed it alot more the first time though.
                        Hammond commanding the Prometheus, a real hero. The President - sorry just cant take to him at all, I think he's totally smarmy. SG1 saved the day again - nuff said. Excellent fight scenes though.

Comment

I really liked the Ancient Weapon: the little squid things, they were a great idea. I'm only up to here as waiting for S8 to come out on DVD (not long now!!!), but I hope we get to learn a bit more about what they were/how they work.
                          I loved the battle scenes over Antarctica - reminded me of a cooler version of Empire Strikes Back: I just think ships against snow look great & I would have loved to see it on a big screen.
                          There was a touch of ESB in Jack's *suspension* as well.
                          Despite some of the negatives I've heard about S8 (I've tried to stay off the S8 threads cos I can't resist spoilers!), this left me wanting more - I'm looking forward to S8.
                          Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

anyone else notice at the very end when Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c are talking after Jack freezes himself, that the Atlantis theme starts playing in the back ground?

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                              But what possessed them to make them look like yellow jellyfish?! Freeze frame it and they're definately Jellyfish!!!
                              I love how so many posters have described the energy weapon as &quot;glowy jellyfish&quot;! To me, they always looked like Supercharged Pacmen , but my warped impression takes nothing away from the fact that this (parts 1 and 2 combined) remains my favorite episode ever.

Comment

This is my favourite episode of all time. (Well with part 1. I only saw it on DVD) Just full of great moments near the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X