• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SEVEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 722

Anubis begins a systematic assault on Earth, and the planet's only hope of salvation depends on whether SG-1 can find the Ancients' mythical Lost City.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 10:32 PM.

Oh wow I loved the ending to this ep.

SPOILER:

The look on Sam's face when she touches the ice and sees Jack frozen, awww! Angst-o-rama!
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Far from being the best episode ever

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
        Far from being the best episode ever
        i agree but it was a nice way to end the season

Comment

Well they managed to defeat Anubis (*sigh*) for time time being. Apparently he returns for a episode in season eight as far as spoilers go! Great effects of the Ancients and hopefully we'll see more Ancient weapons and resources in season eight and Atlantis
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferhailey
            Oh wow I loved the ending to this ep.
            can't think how this would spoil anyone, but just in case... [spoiler space followed by snarky response to end of LC pt2]

For me, the ending did not work AT ALL. Yes, it was supposed to be an angst fest, but I was LMAO, because all I could think was "Hey, they've solved the Jack-lite problem... just get a lifelike wax replica, encase in lucite, put it on a dolly and roll throught scenes as needed." Jack appears whenever they want him and RDA doesn't even have to show up.

I'm pretty sure that's not what they were going for. Aside from that, I definitely rank LC 1&2 among the better eps of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by xathras
              can't think how this would spoil anyone, but just in case... [spoiler space followed by snarky response to end of LC pt2]

For me, the ending did not work AT ALL. Yes, it was supposed to be an angst fest, but I was LMAO, because all I could think was "Hey, they've solved the Jack-lite problem... just get a lifelike wax replica, encase in lucite, put it on a dolly and roll throught scenes as needed." Jack appears whenever they want him and RDA doesn't even have to show up.

I'm pretty sure that's not what they were going for. Aside from that, I definitely rank LC 1&2 among the better eps of the season.
              you just gave me the BEST idea..!!

an SG-1 exibit in Madam Toussauds (sp?) in London waxwork models of the team hehe

Comment

I was also thinking that should fetch quite a lot at a props auction.

Comment

I think the chair that O'Neill sat in would raise a few eyebrows

__

__

Comment

To be honest this seemed very rushed to me. I mean, they go to the fire planet, get the power source, come back, go to the outpost and save the Earth. All in 41 minutes. Had it been spread out over the two episodes I think this would have worked really well.
                    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

I think it would have worked a lot better over the two episodes. I think part one could have ended with them getting the power source
                      __

__

Comment

The first episode kinda seemed like a waste to me. I mean, Jack sat filling in a crossword puzzle for the first five minutes in his truck! I thought that we would see more of the battle taking place over head. It ended too soon IMHO.

I agree though, that it was one of the better episodes.
                        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

My feelings form this ep can be sumed up in one quote:

"So the lost city..is still lost?" -Jack 701 "Fallen"

You have big cool episode entitled "The Lost City" And the lost city isn't in it?!?!?

I also think an ending wouldn't have been to much to ask for not this just idea that'll "we'll just freeze Jack and then fade to Black"

BTW SGSlugger: if you want to talk about Pt1 well there is a Part 1 thread you know? (Watches my reputation thingie sink even lower)
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                            BTW SGSlugger: if you want to talk about Pt1 well there is a Part 1 thread you know? (Watches my reputation thingie sink even lower)
                            Arg! I can't take more than one away! Just kiddin'.

Yeah I know, I'm just too lazy to go and post in it. And since it was beginning to go onto it fit better over two eps, I thought why not.
                            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                              To be honest this seemed very rushed to me. I mean, they go to the fire planet, get the power source, come back, go to the outpost and save the Earth. All in 41 minutes. Had it been spread out over the two episodes I think this would have worked really well.
                              I agree the whole 2 parter seemed rushed to me. But if you consider that they originally intended it to be a movie (approx 120 minutes) they had to trim it down to make it fit into the 88 that they have with 2 episodes. So while I wish it hadn't been so rushed I can sort of understand why it was. I'm hoping there are some "missing" scenes on the DVD since they are going to be making the 2 episodes one on the DVD. (You know just like they did with CotG) I can hope anyway
                              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Working...
                              X