Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. And I LIKE the fast hyperdrives. Then again, with Rodney around I think it's probably a safe expectation that the Orion's drives will be modified to intergalactic versions ASAP. At that point I can maybe understand not seeing the Daedalus as much, especially if it's needed more on SG1 to help in the fight against the Orii.

My best guess, though, is that it will spend more time making supply runs back and forth and less time sitting around on the Atlantis end since they've got another ship that can take it's place and stay there. It'll still be available if the plot calls for it but most of the time we'll probably see them using the Orion instead.

Here's a thought, anybody know if the Orion has jumper bays? I know it hasn't been mentioned but it would make sense for it too really. I mean, you may need to get down to the surface of a planet and not want to take your whole ship and not have rings down there for you to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
      I agree. And I LIKE the fast hyperdrives. Then again, with Rodney around I think it's probably a safe expectation that the Orion's drives will be modified to intergalactic versions ASAP. At that point I can maybe understand not seeing the Daedalus as much, especially if it's needed more on SG1 to help in the fight against the Orii.

My best guess, though, is that it will spend more time making supply runs back and forth and less time sitting around on the Atlantis end since they've got another ship that can take it's place and stay there. It'll still be available if the plot calls for it but most of the time we'll probably see them using the Orion instead.

Here's a thought, anybody know if the Orion has jumper bays? I know it hasn't been mentioned but it would make sense for it too really. I mean, you may need to get down to the surface of a planet and not want to take your whole ship and not have rings down there for you to use.
      Yes hopefully Rodney can fix the hyperdrive. And I would actually prefer they ship the Orion back to Earth to help with the Ori, since it seems to be a much more pressing matter. They also need to ask the Asgard to hook up Stargate Command with a power generator so that we can use the stargate for supply runs. Having an entire ship devoted to just supply runs is kind of a waste. Especially since we have only 3 ships left. And yes I would think the Orion should have some sort of jumper bay.

Comment

It would be ridiculous if the Orion didn`t have some sort of bay for auxiliary craft.
        The Orion looks to be alot older than the Puddle Jumpers so its possible that they weren`t around when it was built. Even if thats true there must've been some sort of auxiliary craft about before the PJs so I would personally say that there probably is a bay somewhere.
        They could have one right in the middle of the ship with access from the top and the bottom of the ship, similar to Atlantis' jumper bay.
        Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
        Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k5
          It would be ridiculous if the Orion didn`t have some sort of bay for auxiliary craft.
          The Orion looks to be alot older than the Puddle Jumpers so its possible that they weren`t around when it was built. Even if thats true there must've been some sort of auxiliary craft about before the PJs so I would personally say that there probably is a bay somewhere.
          They could have one right in the middle of the ship with access from the top and the bottom of the ship, similar to Atlantis' jumper bay.
          That would certainly make sense. I don't know that it's really older, though I guess the tech did look like it could be.

Originally posted by Tassadar
          Yes hopefully Rodney can fix the hyperdrive. And I would actually prefer they ship the Orion back to Earth to help with the Ori, since it seems to be a much more pressing matter. They also need to ask the Asgard to hook up Stargate Command with a power generator so that we can use the stargate for supply runs. Having an entire ship devoted to just supply runs is kind of a waste. Especially since we have only 3 ships left. And yes I would think the Orion should have some sort of jumper bay.
          Well the Orion WOULD do better against them but that might involve crossing the two shows too much. Also there's also the fact that we don't actually OWN the Orion, it's just sort of on loan to us. Technically the people from Inferno still own in (never mind that they couldn't do anything with it and it would have been destroyed if we hadn't rescued it (and a lot of their people)).

Comment

Whoa man, that would be nice! Chances are they probably haven't found it yet because it's a pretty big ship and we've only seen the cockpit part plus other places from the ep Aurora.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Well the Orion WOULD do better against them but that might involve crossing the two shows too much. Also there's also the fact that we don't actually OWN the Orion, it's just sort of on loan to us. Technically the people from Inferno still own in (never mind that they couldn't do anything with it and it would have been destroyed if we hadn't rescued it (and a lot of their people)).
              We should just buy it off them in exchange for food and supplies to get them settled down on a new planet. Seems like a pretty fare deal since they can't do anything with the ship anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar
                We should just buy it off them in exchange for food and supplies to get them settled down on a new planet. Seems like a pretty fare deal since they can't do anything with the ship anyways
                We should just invite them to stay with us at Atlantis. It would make for some good episodes. I'm kind of sick of it just being the expedition team and marines. They need to realize they're vulnerable out there in the galaxy.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

Yeah... Caldwell and the Daedalus are in Season 3! Based on the episodic pictures from "New Atlantis"

Ace
                  "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Working...
                  X