This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no mention of the Daedalus in S3?

Obvious question in the title.... I haven't seen or heard anything about the Daedalus or Mitch Pileggi returning for Season 3. Any ideas? Am I simply not looking hard enough....

I know we have practically no spoilers on the first episode of the season, other than "it continues where we left off". But so far I have not seen any mention of the Daedalus, Caldwell or the Orion.

Am I just being paranoid in thinking that we won't see Mitch Pileggi or the Daedalus in Season 3?

Ace
    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Originally posted by Ace
    Obvious question in the title.... I haven't seen or heard anything about the Daedalus or Mitch Pileggi returning for Season 3. Any ideas? Am I simply not looking hard enough....

I know we have practically no spoilers on the first episode of the season, other than "it continues where we left off". But so far I have not seen any mention of the Daedalus, Caldwell or the Orion.

Am I just being paranoid in thinking that we won't see Mitch Pileggi or the Daedalus in Season 3?

Ace
    To be honest, I don't think that they have released any plot info for 301 "No Man's Land". No reason to worry though, TPTB are just doing this to us for dramatic effect.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

I hope so... I will be deeply upset that such a HUGE part of Season 2 could be potentially ignored for Season 3. How exactly do you explain the absence of the Daedalus throughout the entire year. Especially when
      Spoiler:
      we are supposedly suppose to have crossovers from O'Neill, Jackson & Carter

They have been especially tight-liped on No Man's Land... I hope it's worth it

Ace

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
        I hope so... I will be deeply upset that such a HUGE part of Season 2 could be potentially ignored for Season 3. How exactly do you explain the absence of the Daedalus throughout the entire year. Especially when
        Spoiler:
        we are supposedly suppose to have crossovers from O'Neill, Jackson & Carter

They have been especially tight-liped on No Man's Land... I hope it's worth it

Ace
        The Daedalus will probably go back to earth for repairs, which is when they will pick up woolsey and Jack and bring them back to atlantis. We were told woolsey would be appearing in No Mans Land. This means that the Orion would be operational by then and forced into taking out the two hives.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
          The Daedalus will probably go back to earth for repairs, which is when they will pick up woolsey and Jack and bring them back to atlantis. We were told woolsey would be appearing in No Mans Land. This means that the Orion would be operational by then and forced into taking out the two hives.
          Maybe... but in that situation the Daedalus doesn't even have to make an appearence. Nor does Caldwell... they could just start the episode with them on Atlantis

Ace

Comment

i agree with you m8 why would they leave the only way back from earth to atlantis so it can get destroyed they might just aswelll just take a few week's getting back and fix the whole ship without nothing going on
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_5rq5DiN6o/[Ori Trailer]
            http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3435/myaniqy9.gif

Comment

Yes if they start cutting out the Daedalus it would suck quite a bit. Atlantis actually integrated the ship really well...much better than SG-1...but that's a different story. So ya hopefully its just the lack of spoilers. Plus I really can't see TPTB be that retarded. Then again that assumption has been wrong before

Comment

To be honest, I don't think that they have released any plot info for 301 "No Man's Land". No reason to worry though, TPTB are just doing this to us for dramatic effect.
                Agreed! I do want to know more about whats to come in stargate but a the same time I don't want anything to be said because it makes it more exciting for us. Buttttt......... that means that the writers have to make sure that they do some good story lines apparently 'Sateda', is very good and itgoes back into Ronan's life so I'm definately looking forward to that one as Ronan needs sumthin done as I think he is one of the worst characters.!!!!
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

The Daedalus probably isn't going to be in the episodes that we know more about. That, or the spoilers just left out the Daedalus for some reason.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I think the Deadalu will try to stop the Hive ships somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
                      I think the Deadalu will try to stop the Hive ships somehow.
                      I agree with you... though they did take some damage against the two Hive ships last time out. And...
                      Spoiler:
                      Woosley has to get to Atlantis somehow

I'm sure the Daedalus will still be around... but will it be around like it was in the beginning of Season 9 of SG-1, with the cast only mentioning the Daedalus as coming and going.

I'm hoping that we continue to see Mitch Pileggi... he in my opinion made such a huge improvement upon Atlantis.

Ace

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar
                        Yes if they start cutting out the Daedalus it would suck quite a bit. Atlantis actually integrated the ship really well...much better than SG-1...but that's a different story. So ya hopefully its just the lack of spoilers. Plus I really can't see TPTB be that retarded. Then again that assumption has been wrong before
                        I agree that the Daedalus has been integrated into Atlantis alot better than Odyssey/Prommie has been into SG-1, but thats probably something to do with the fact that SG-1 went 6 years before there were any ships so we`re not used to it.
                        In Sg-1, Odyssey just seems to be used as a quick plot ender, a way to get SG-1 into a situation it doesn`t look like they`re going to get out of unscathed and then just plucking them out with the Odyssey's beams.
                        Daedalus has played a pivotal part in most episodes it has been in and hasn`t just been the 'quick escape' the Odyssey has been.
                        It would be a shame if it was not in S3 as much as S2. It would be understandable if it were missing from the first 5-odd eps as it will no doubt receive quite a bit of damage in No Man`s Land - on top of what it got in Allies.
                        Anything beyond that would require a good reason - more than just being between galaxies.

SG-1 could learn a lesson or two from Atlantis on how to have a ship in the show without it becoming a complete cop-out.
                        Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                        Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k5
                          I agree that the Daedalus has been integrated into Atlantis alot better than Odyssey/Prommie has been into SG-1, but thats probably something to do with the fact that SG-1 went 6 years before there were any ships so we`re not used to it.
                          In Sg-1, Odyssey just seems to be used as a quick plot ender, a way to get SG-1 into a situation it doesn`t look like they`re going to get out of unscathed and then just plucking them out with the Odyssey's beams.
                          Daedalus has played a pivotal part in most episodes it has been in and hasn`t just been the 'quick escape' the Odyssey has been.
                          It would be a shame if it was not in S3 as much as S2. It would be understandable if it were missing from the first 5-odd eps as it will no doubt receive quite a bit of damage in No Man`s Land - on top of what it got in Allies.
                          Anything beyond that would require a good reason - more than just being between galaxies.

SG-1 could learn a lesson or two from Atlantis on how to have a ship in the show without it becoming a complete cop-out.
                          Agreed. The whole using the ship at the last second to bail out is definitely not a good way to go.

Comment

Perhaps the Daedalus and the ZPM have been recalled. The Orion may be slower than the Daedalus, but she has better offensive weapons. Stargate Command may have felt that with the imminent Ori threat, that the ZPM needs to be recalled along with the Daedalus to transport it (obviously) and to make up for the loss of a 304.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity
                              Perhaps the Daedalus and the ZPM have been recalled. The Orion may be slower than the Daedalus, but she has better offensive weapons. Stargate Command may have felt that with the imminent Ori threat, that the ZPM needs to be recalled along with the Daedalus to transport it (obviously) and to make up for the loss of a 304.
                              While that would be the sensible thing for Earth to do, I hope they don't do it. I like Daedalus in Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X