Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sci Fi shows they should have cancelled and when

1. Enterprise ..... as soon as they read the scripts and saw that this was not a pre-Kirk show, but an attempt to go backward and forward at the same time.

2. Stargate SG-1 at the conclusion of season 8. Threads was a good place to stop

3. The Twighlight Zone (the new version). You can't go back. They should not have tried

4. Touched by an Angel. After season one. One was enough....

5. Star Trek: TNG ; they should have cancelled Wesley Crusher day one and removed all the poles up everybody's backside on day 2.

Default Re: Sci Fi shows they should have cancelled and when

These shows should never have been made in the first place.....

Andromeda

Mutant X

Relic Hunter

Smallville

and probably something else that I have shoved out of my mind.....

Chief Master Sergeant Mcfergeson's Avatar

I could never get into Andromeda, no matter how hard I tried. God, that show was awful.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Mcfergeson
    I could never get into Andromeda, no matter how hard I tried. God, that show was awful.
    I agree.....everything about it from the costumes to the characters to the dialogue.....ugh. It's like something that no simile could accurately describe the awfulness of.....

Sean
    I tried to watch that show a couple of years ago when Skiffy introduced it to their line-up but after watching the first episode....let's just say I didn't bother to watch any more after that.....

As far other shows, umm....The X-Files. When....sometime after season 5 or 6. The mythology got too convoluted and the finale was utter rubbish.
    IMO always implied.

Earth: Final Conflict shoulda been canceled when they killed off the Talons and created that new species. I accually wasn't watchin it much at that point, heck i didn't even know how the hell the Talons died.

They somewhat lost me when the killed Boone and brought in Liam.

Lieutenant Colonel warmbeachbrat's Avatar

Sliders - when Wade and the professor left

La Femme Nikita - they never should have had those final eight episodes

Seaquest - as much as I wanted it to continue, they should not have had that final season

Earth Final Conflict - yeah, gotta agree with you there

Uh, I kinda liked Andromeda....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...or/leeanim.gif and Spudster made another neat one http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/3658/lee1ec.gif Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:
    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ilightBark.gif

Instead of cancelled, can we just say ended? Cancelled shows always have loose ends and unanswered questions, if they just ended earlier they could end properly.

Without a doubt Andromeda. There was just no good reason Scifi should have felt the need to pick this one up. It was crap from the get go... crap, I embarassingly must admit to watching in its final season. A sign of my own mental decline.

Sliders. After season three wrapped, that should have been the end of that.

Same goes for Earth the Final Conflict... beating a dead horse to a bloody pulp. Three seasons was plenty.

Smallville should have ended gloriously and with pride when Clarke graduated highschool. Enough already. It's dead... let it go.

Charmed. I'll give it to season five when it lost the magic and began clinging to desperation and held on to it for dear life for three more painful seasons

The X-Files should have ended with the movie and tied up loose ends then. There was no need to drag it to a painful end and still clearing up nothing.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...l/07e875d8.jpg
    "You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzey
    Instead of cancelled, can we just say ended? Cancelled shows always have loose ends and unanswered questions, if they just ended earlier they could end properly.
    Agreed. Cancelled equals ended... or never started...

Stargate SG-1 at the end of season 7. At a push, season 8, but only if all the filler episodes between New Order and Reckoning had been taken out.

The New Adventures of Superman (Lois & Clark). When they started getting all shippy with each other, it was all over. Full stop. :/
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

I'll have to strongly disagree about Andromeda! One of my favourite shows.

I've never really watched any show enough to really dislike it, either I like and watch or I don't watch, however The X-Files should have been ended earlier. WAY earlier.
    "You have been impregnated, without copulation?"
    "Yes! And I am absolutly terrified! Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?"
    "Well, there's one..."
    "Darth Vader!"
    "Really!? How did that turn out?"

In the multifandom region of subspace...shiny!

X-Files - when David Dunchovy (sp?) left
    Andromeda - from episode one
    Charmed - as above
    Touched by an Angel - ditto
    Buffy - before it became overly morbid with everyone dying and coming back and...
    Stargate SG1 - should have ended at the end of s8

there's more but I'm tired

Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Quote Originally Posted by sueKay
    X-Files - when David Dunchovy (sp?) left
    Andromeda - from episode one

Stargate SG1 - should have ended at the end of s8
    Hear Hear
    Andromeda was truly awful, and SG1 could happily have called it a day after S8. Then we'd have been spared Cameron, Vala, the Ori, steroid-junkie Daniel and a thousand other insults.
    http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5...phugrodeg1.gif "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ivanova
    Hear Hear
    Andromeda was truly awful, and SG1 could happily have called it a day after S8. Then we'd have been spared Cameron, Vala, the Ori, steroid-junkie Daniel and a thousand other insults.
    Have to disagree- season eight would have been a weak season to end it on, now with the Ori and such, it has an excellent chance of going out strong when it does, which hopefully won't be for awhile.

And yes, Andromeda is something to shudder at. I still can't figure out why SPACE airs it twice a day.....and how that show could have survived for what? Five seasons?

Staff Sergeant

Heartbroken Re: Sci Fi shows they should have cancelled and when

sg-1 ( if you wanted this to end you are NOT true sg-1 fans.....sorry thats how i feel )
    charmed ( at the end of season 7 they walk away with new I.Ds well o.k )
    x files ( robert patrick was a great replacment for mulder and season 8.9 were 2 of my fav seasons )
    enterprise ( startrek i just shake my head in disbelieve )

Chief Master Sergeant Mcfergeson's Avatar

The shame of Enterprise was that in its fourth and final season, it was getting better in that it finally focused on telling stories about the creation of the Federation, as well as filling in the back stories on why Klingons in the Classic series had smooth foreheads, and so on.

But it was still too little, too late. If only they've done this from the beginning, instead of wasting time with that silly temporal war.

Sean

The shame of Enterprise was that in its fourth and final season, it was getting better in that it finally focused on telling stories about the creation of the Federation, as well as filling in the back stories on why Klingons in the Classic series had smooth foreheads, and so on.

But it was still too little, too late. If only they've done this from the beginning, instead of wasting time with that silly temporal war.
    The season four stories were great, but I still think there were a lot of gems in the first few seasons- the last several eps in season three, Similitude, Twilight, Shuttlepod One, Dawn, The Andorian Incident, Future Tense (I think that's what it's called). But yes, to cancel a show when it's just found some truly solid footing is, well.....crimminal.

Curently traveling with a priestess named kikyou

i liked Andromeda for the frist season but after that i couldent watch it any more same with Enterprise. i know this is only for scifi but how the hell did yes dear stay on for so long.

I think the best seasons of Enterprise were 1, 2, and 4. Season 3 or the "The Xindi Season" was kinda where my intrest dropped a bit. I mean did they have to do a whole entire season about those guys? They even found a way to impliment the lame Temperal Cold War into that plotline, while it was fun getting a brief look at the Enterprise J it was poor story writting. At some points in the Xindi season i was like "Find and Destroy the weapon allready!".

At first the Temperal Cold War was exciting in the first episode and i kept wondering who is that shadowy figure. I think it woulda worked better if they had some character we knew from a future series come back rather than that Daniels guy. Like maybe that time traveling guy from Voy - "Future's End".

Jeffery Combs as Shran was one of the most reedeming parts of the series. He was great on DS9 and he was great on Enterprise, he made me LOVE the Andorians!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast