Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiro is adorable. Even if he's a bit cliche I still love him to pieces. Definitely my favorite character.

Mohinder is kinda hot. I wonder if he'll be like Dr. Hayes in Misfits of Science- sorta corrals the "specials" but doesn't have a power himself.

Not so interested in Cheerleader girl and I'm amazed that her boytoy/loyal puppy failed to realize the obvious:

Spoiler:
    She was trying to commit suicide. I mean, maybe I'm just silly, but if a friend came to me and said, for instance, "I just drove a knife into my heart and didn't die." I'd be asking (once I was sure it wasn't a joke) why in hell she'd tried to put a knife in her heart. And if she'd tried MULTIPLE Groundhog Daylike attempts to die? I'd be that much more worried. Maybe I'm just strange that way...

Comment

That was AMAZING! I am so impressed, beautiful, stunning show, if they can keep up this quality we are truly in for a treat. Gonna re-watch the pilot tomorrow.

I am liking all the characters- the acting is amazingly strong, the music absolutly lovely, the story engaging- yet leaving plenty of room for the characters to breathe. I decided to pick between this and Jericho which one to watch, Heroes comes out the winner without doubt.

Comment

I was really impressed with the pilot...the show kind of has a "Lost" vibe to it in a way. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Surprisingly strong pilot episode. It introduced the characters well, set-up a plot that seems will be ongoing throughout the season, and was fairly interesting. It did feel disjointed at times and could use some tightening in places (Stripper mom's story, druggie's story, the whole connection between CreepyDad/Conspiracy).

Hiro: Great character, funny, and liked his enthusiasm. Also liked that they never showed him and his buddy speaking English. Probably the best character.

Claire: Also a very interesting character and her story has a lot of potential, mainly because of her family. She has one of more the practical powers, plus she is just damn cute.

Peter: Probably can't actually fly, his power, I bet, is more along the lines of being an empath or able to sense things from people around him. Could be more interesting because of his brother.

Nathan: A jerk, but still kind of compelling, and hey, he can fly. That was a bit of a shock there at the end when he jumped up to save Peter. Really gave the last 15 or so minutes of the episode real oomph.

Mohinder: Obviously supposed to be Professor X. Should be interesting to see how he manages to gather all the people together.

Nikki: Still am not sure what her power is, but am looking forward to finding out. Also would like to see more of her kid, he seemed cool and oddly not precocious.
          "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

I liked Nikki's kid too. That's the kind of kid I can handle. Nikki's a bit of a loner I believe she's not going to want to be a part of any group of heroes/freaks.

I can't help but feel Mohinder's going to wind up dead leaving these people to figure it all on their own.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I loved Hiro and his buddy along with all their geeky pokes at Star Trek. Good stuff.
              sigpic

Comment

I was surprised at how good the show was, so I give it 5 episodes before it get's canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                  I loved Hiro and his buddy along with all their geeky pokes at Star Trek. Good stuff.
                  You're death grip, Spock! Death Grip!!

So far, Hiro is my fave as well, but we've yet to see what's his name from Alias. Hopefully he doesn't get shot in the throat again. hehe

Now I did see the end of the ep comming, it's just the sort of thing they do to ensure that there's question about the baddy's motivations. Does he know? Is that why he's searching for Mohinder and his father?

I thought it was well put together and I'm REALLY glad they didn't cram all the characters into one ep.

Love the comic idea from the previews.

On the whole, the show reminded me of a cross tween the Marvel New Universe 'white event' from many many years ago and Lost (so far).
                  Thanks!
                  Jordan

my page
                  My LJ
                  From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Has there been any more clues as to who patient/subject Zero in New York is? There are several of them there and was wondering if I missed anything.

BTW Adrian Pasdar = yay. Still waiting for them to release Mysterious Ways on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                      Has there been any more clues as to who patient/subject Zero in New York is? There are several of them there and was wondering if I missed anything.
                      I didn't see anything on that after the bit in India.
                      Thanks!
                      Jordan

my page
                      My LJ
                      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Hmm... I didn't take a close look at that page and I'm not good at reading odds anyway, but I'd say Heroes stands less chance of getting cancelled than, say, Ugly Betty. I'd also put Jericho above Heroes in that category (tho I'm liking Jericho so far).
                        Maybe I misread the odds... Really not that surprising. I always get these things wrong. I reread it against this morning and now I'm thinking they mean that only one 1 person out of every 230 thinks the show will be cancelled. Which is great if I'm right. Which means that one person out of every 7 thinks ugly Betty is doomed... Someone save me from my own ignorance?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star
                          Surprisingly strong pilot episode. It introduced the characters well, set-up a plot that seems will be ongoing throughout the season, and was fairly interesting. It did feel disjointed at times and could use some tightening in places (Stripper mom's story, druggie's story, the whole connection between CreepyDad/Conspiracy).

Hiro: Great character, funny, and liked his enthusiasm. Also liked that they never showed him and his buddy speaking English. Probably the best character.

Claire: Also a very interesting character and her story has a lot of potential, mainly because of her family. She has one of more the practical powers, plus she is just damn cute.

Peter: Probably can't actually fly, his power, I bet, is more along the lines of being an empath or able to sense things from people around him. Could be more interesting because of his brother.

Nathan: A jerk, but still kind of compelling, and hey, he can fly. That was a bit of a shock there at the end when he jumped up to save Peter. Really gave the last 15 or so minutes of the episode real oomph.

Mohinder: Obviously supposed to be Professor X. Should be interesting to see how he manages to gather all the people together.

Nikki: Still am not sure what her power is, but am looking forward to finding out. Also would like to see more of her kid, he seemed cool and oddly not precocious.
                          I agree with you that Peter can't fly, and is probably more of an empath. How much would that piss you off, you think you have a cool power, and then you end up with something lame while your "bigger than life" brother gets the cool power.
                          I loved when Hiro teleported into the bathroom, but I cringed when his friend called him Super Hiro, why with the obvious line?
                          I kinda think Nikki may be like the Hulk. She has the "dark violent side", and those dudes were pretty tore up, I bet it's all on camera too.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I agree, Peter probably can't fly. Besides, I don't want two people on the show with the same power. Wheres the fun in that?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                              I agree, Peter probably can't fly. Besides, I don't want two people on the show with the same power. Wheres the fun in that?
                              Spoiler:
                              Well TPTB have stated that not all their characters are good. It would be interesting for the brothers to explore the opposite aspects of their powers (though how many different facets could there be to flying?)

Okay I've been watching too much Justice League and just think that having two people battling out in the air would be cool.

Comment

Maybe Peter doesn't even have a power? Maybe he's just unusually connected to his brother? I don't know....

I didn't realize that the creator of Heroes also did Crossing Jordan. I'm a little surprised.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                                X