Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 562

Thread: Heroes

  1. #81
    Captain silence's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Jumping The Shark
    Posts
    1,092

    Default Re: Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwe Singollo
    well at least Heroes started much better than the sci-fi/fantasy series of last year... all of them.
    well... all 3 shows were pretty much similar (if you think Invasion, Surface and Threshold) and all of them sucked.
    Invasion had material for ONE normal length movie - it was dragging like snail
    Threshold started great, but became like each ep is rerun - too repetative
    Surface was lame (didnt watch it at all after first 2-3 eps), couldnt stand it...


    OTOH, Heroes... meh, i LOVE it. It's fresh, characters are damn interesting and there is so much to cover... i am so glad that they went with "normal" people who discover their abilities and i really didnt see _other_ brother being able to fly, that was real shock...

    I loved scenes in Japan, that was so much fun.

    This one is certainly getting on my watch list.... i didn't even know about it, until i noticed this topic and ...urm... checked if it's on


    /me likey very much

  2. #82
    Major General Trek_Girl42's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Battlestar Galactica (B.C., Canada)
    Posts
    13,354

    Default Re: Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by silence
    well... all 3 shows were pretty much similar (if you think Invasion, Surface and Threshold) and all of them sucked.
    Invasion had material for ONE normal length movie - it was dragging like snail
    Threshold started great, but became like each ep is rerun - too repetative
    Surface was lame (didnt watch it at all after first 2-3 eps), couldnt stand it...


    OTOH, Heroes... meh, i LOVE it. It's fresh, characters are damn interesting and there is so much to cover... i am so glad that they went with "normal" people who discover their abilities and i really didnt see _other_ brother being able to fly, that was real shock...

    I loved scenes in Japan, that was so much fun.

    This one is certainly getting on my watch list.... i didn't even know about it, until i noticed this topic and ...urm... checked if it's on


    /me likey very much
    Absolutly agree, personally, I was blown away by how wonderful that pilot episode was, this show has the potential to be something truly special, I hope it gets the chance (so far ratings are good, lets hope they hold).

  3. #83
    Data ShadowMaat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Doctor Horrible's Lab
    Posts
    17,531

    Default Re: Heroes

    According to Futon Critic, Heroes garnered NBC's highest 18-49 ratings for any drama premiere in the past five years. Granted, the numbers could drop off, but I have a feeling this show is here to stay. At least for a while.

  4. #84
    Captain silence's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Jumping The Shark
    Posts
    1,092

    Default Re: Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    According to Futon Critic, Heroes garnered NBC's highest 18-49 ratings for any drama premiere in the past five years. Granted, the numbers could drop off, but I have a feeling this show is here to stay. At least for a while.

    great news... i can't wait to see how will plot progress.
    really great TV....

  5. #85
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    According to Futon Critic, Heroes garnered NBC's highest 18-49 ratings for any drama premiere in the past five years. Granted, the numbers could drop off, but I have a feeling this show is here to stay. At least for a while.
    I sure hope it's here to stay for a while. I'm sick of good shows getting canned.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  6. #86
    Caffeinated Teacher Nolamom's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Toll Booth - Home of the Tollans
    Posts
    14,085

    Default Re: Heroes

    Way fun. Good premise in the way the characters "find" their abilities. I'm liking it. Also liking having the option of seeing it on SciFriday - works better for me with my work schedule lately!

  7. #87
    Colonel NowIWillDestroyAbydos's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    In your head, making you crazy
    Posts
    5,112

    Post Re: Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Trek_Girl42
    Free? Is it still there- free?
    If you mean free is $1.99 then yes it is Free. I'm lying, it's not free anymore, it'll cost ya $1.99

  8. #88
    Major jds1982's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The lush paradise of northern Ohio.
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Heroes

    I'm curious about why they are all discovering their powers now.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

    The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

    Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

  9. #89
    Data ShadowMaat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Doctor Horrible's Lab
    Posts
    17,531

    Default Re: Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by jds1982
    I'm curious about why they are all discovering their powers now.
    Promo stuff for the show hinted that it has to do with the solar eclipse, although why that should be significant is beyond me. They're unusual, but they aren't THAT rare, are they? And why all over the world when some parts won't even SEE the eclipse? Or not the full effect, anyway.

    Guess we'll have to keep watching to find out.

  10. #90
    Major General Trek_Girl42's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Battlestar Galactica (B.C., Canada)
    Posts
    13,354

    Default Re: Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Guess we'll have to keep watching to find out.
    That usually does the trick.

  11. #91
    Captain White Knight's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ...Miranda...
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Heroes

    I rather liked the pilot, which is strange because generally I don't like pilots. The premise isn't exactly new (it smacks of X-Men) but the characters and the abilities themselves are certainly intriguing enough for me to watch the next few episodes.
    I also like the whole 'six-degrees' element of the show, with most of the characters being connected in some ways.

  12. #92
    Data ShadowMaat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Doctor Horrible's Lab
    Posts
    17,531

    Default Re: Heroes

    Looks like Claire (the Unbreakable Cheerleader) has a page on myspace, as does her unobservant friend Zach.

    I'm still not sure how I feel about all this interactive stuff (Hiro has a blog, too). It's fun to gain some extra insight into the characters, but on the other hand.... sometimes it's nice to just sit down and watch a damn show and not have to worry about what you're missing by not hunting down a million different clues online.

  13. #93
    Major creed462's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Meridian Ms.
    Posts
    2,623

    Default Re: Heroes

    The show seem to be a good watch
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

  14. #94
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Looks like Claire (the Unbreakable Cheerleader) has a page on myspace, as does her unobservant friend Zach.

    I'm still not sure how I feel about all this interactive stuff (Hiro has a blog, too). It's fun to gain some extra insight into the characters, but on the other hand.... sometimes it's nice to just sit down and watch a damn show and not have to worry about what you're missing by not hunting down a million different clues online.
    I can barely find time to watch some shows sometimes, so I know not to even try and deal with interactive content online. Just enjoying the show itself is good enough for me in most cases.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  15. #95
    Lieutenant Colonel Blue Banrigh's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Re: Heroes

    I wonder who gets to write these blogs. Is it panned out to one of the writers or some assistant in the office.

  16. #96
    Major General Trek_Girl42's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Battlestar Galactica (B.C., Canada)
    Posts
    13,354

    Default Re: Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Banrigh
    I wonder who gets to write these blogs. Is it panned out to one of the writers or some assistant in the office.
    Always wondered that as well.....

  17. #97
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,348

    Default Re: Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man
    I can barely find time to watch some shows sometimes, so I know not to even try and deal with interactive content online. Just enjoying the show itself is good enough for me in most cases.
    I so agree. These so called bloggers are getting out of control. The quality of the writer, for the most part, leaves a lot to be desired...and content, I'm even going to go there. Spend a few days in a studio that is actively shooting a series, and you develop a new found respect for every member of the cast and crew. This is NOT a nine to five job, and I am amazed at the quality of the final product. Sorry if some of you don't agree. Anyone can blog, not everyone can write, produce , act or direct a major TV series or movies. My hats off to the men and women behind the scenes.....
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

  18. #98
    Major General Trek_Girl42's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Battlestar Galactica (B.C., Canada)
    Posts
    13,354

    Default Re: Heroes

    New episode tonight! Can't wait to see what Greg Grunberg's character is like!

  19. #99
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    203

    Default Re: Heroes

    this show isnt gonna last long..i mean, there's only one bad guy...they shouldve made this into a movie instead of a tv series

  20. #100
    Major MarshAngel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: Heroes

    Am I the only one who didn't notice that Claire's Dad was Suresh's passenger?
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...l/07e875d8.jpg
    "You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Similar Threads

  1. Heroes, Part 1 (717)
    By GateWorld in forum Season Seven
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: February 15th, 2019, 10:01 AM
  2. P3X-666 and SG-13 (SPOILERS FOR HEROES PTS. 1 & 2)
    By lionel_pendergast_rocks in forum SG-1 General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 13th, 2005, 01:06 PM
  3. P3X 666 Heroes Pt 1 and 2 planet name.
    By Anubis345 in forum SG-1 General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 29th, 2005, 10:16 AM
  4. The Heroes...
    By ApophisOfTheStargateRealm in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 8th, 2005, 05:51 AM
  5. SPOILER!!! Heroes... Why did they...
    By Animalian in forum SG-1 General Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: July 31st, 2004, 08:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •