Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes

Default Re: Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Elwe Singollo
    well at least Heroes started much better than the sci-fi/fantasy series of last year... all of them.
    well... all 3 shows were pretty much similar (if you think Invasion, Surface and Threshold) and all of them sucked.
    Invasion had material for ONE normal length movie - it was dragging like snail
    Threshold started great, but became like each ep is rerun - too repetative
    Surface was lame (didnt watch it at all after first 2-3 eps), couldnt stand it...

OTOH, Heroes... meh, i LOVE it. It's fresh, characters are damn interesting and there is so much to cover... i am so glad that they went with "normal" people who discover their abilities and i really didnt see _other_ brother being able to fly, that was real shock...

I loved scenes in Japan, that was so much fun.

This one is certainly getting on my watch list.... i didn't even know about it, until i noticed this topic and ...urm... checked if it's on

/me likey very much

Quote Originally Posted by silence
    well... all 3 shows were pretty much similar (if you think Invasion, Surface and Threshold) and all of them sucked.
    Invasion had material for ONE normal length movie - it was dragging like snail
    Threshold started great, but became like each ep is rerun - too repetative
    Surface was lame (didnt watch it at all after first 2-3 eps), couldnt stand it...

OTOH, Heroes... meh, i LOVE it. It's fresh, characters are damn interesting and there is so much to cover... i am so glad that they went with "normal" people who discover their abilities and i really didnt see _other_ brother being able to fly, that was real shock...

I loved scenes in Japan, that was so much fun.

This one is certainly getting on my watch list.... i didn't even know about it, until i noticed this topic and ...urm... checked if it's on

/me likey very much
    Absolutly agree, personally, I was blown away by how wonderful that pilot episode was, this show has the potential to be something truly special, I hope it gets the chance (so far ratings are good, lets hope they hold).

According to Futon Critic, Heroes garnered NBC's highest 18-49 ratings for any drama premiere in the past five years. Granted, the numbers could drop off, but I have a feeling this show is here to stay. At least for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    According to Futon Critic, Heroes garnered NBC's highest 18-49 ratings for any drama premiere in the past five years. Granted, the numbers could drop off, but I have a feeling this show is here to stay. At least for a while.

great news... i can't wait to see how will plot progress.
    really great TV....

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

I sure hope it's here to stay for a while. I'm sick of good shows getting canned.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Way fun. Good premise in the way the characters "find" their abilities. I'm liking it. Also liking having the option of seeing it on SciFriday - works better for me with my work schedule lately!

Post Re: Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Trek_Girl42
    Free? Is it still there- free?
    If you mean free is $1.99 then yes it is Free. I'm lying, it's not free anymore, it'll cost ya $1.99

I'm curious about why they are all discovering their powers now.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Quote Originally Posted by jds1982
    I'm curious about why they are all discovering their powers now.
    Promo stuff for the show hinted that it has to do with the solar eclipse, although why that should be significant is beyond me. They're unusual, but they aren't THAT rare, are they? And why all over the world when some parts won't even SEE the eclipse? Or not the full effect, anyway.

Guess we'll have to keep watching to find out.

Guess we'll have to keep watching to find out.
    That usually does the trick.

I rather liked the pilot, which is strange because generally I don't like pilots. The premise isn't exactly new (it smacks of X-Men) but the characters and the abilities themselves are certainly intriguing enough for me to watch the next few episodes.
    I also like the whole 'six-degrees' element of the show, with most of the characters being connected in some ways.

Looks like Claire (the Unbreakable Cheerleader) has a page on myspace, as does her unobservant friend Zach.

I'm still not sure how I feel about all this interactive stuff (Hiro has a blog, too). It's fun to gain some extra insight into the characters, but on the other hand.... sometimes it's nice to just sit down and watch a damn show and not have to worry about what you're missing by not hunting down a million different clues online.

The show seem to be a good watch
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Looks like Claire (the Unbreakable Cheerleader) has a page on myspace, as does her unobservant friend Zach.

I'm still not sure how I feel about all this interactive stuff (Hiro has a blog, too). It's fun to gain some extra insight into the characters, but on the other hand.... sometimes it's nice to just sit down and watch a damn show and not have to worry about what you're missing by not hunting down a million different clues online.
    I can barely find time to watch some shows sometimes, so I know not to even try and deal with interactive content online. Just enjoying the show itself is good enough for me in most cases.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Lieutenant Colonel Blue Banrigh's Avatar

I wonder who gets to write these blogs. Is it panned out to one of the writers or some assistant in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Banrigh
    I wonder who gets to write these blogs. Is it panned out to one of the writers or some assistant in the office.
    Always wondered that as well.....

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man
    I can barely find time to watch some shows sometimes, so I know not to even try and deal with interactive content online. Just enjoying the show itself is good enough for me in most cases.
    I so agree. These so called bloggers are getting out of control. The quality of the writer, for the most part, leaves a lot to be desired...and content, I'm even going to go there. Spend a few days in a studio that is actively shooting a series, and you develop a new found respect for every member of the cast and crew. This is NOT a nine to five job, and I am amazed at the quality of the final product. Sorry if some of you don't agree. Anyone can blog, not everyone can write, produce , act or direct a major TV series or movies. My hats off to the men and women behind the scenes.....
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

New episode tonight! Can't wait to see what Greg Grunberg's character is like!

Chief Master Sergeant

this show isnt gonna last long..i mean, there's only one bad guy...they shouldve made this into a movie instead of a tv series

Am I the only one who didn't notice that Claire's Dad was Suresh's passenger?
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...l/07e875d8.jpg
    "You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy