Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes

Default Re: Heroes

Yeah, I'll be curious to see how that angle plays out. Hope it won't be TOO Lost-like. Monday, eh? I'll have to remember to watch.

Found this article on SCI FI Wire while looking for the dates and times that Heroes will air on the Sci-fi Channel. Heroes Also Has Villains

The show will re-air on Fridays at 6pm central time. I'm already watching stuff on Monday so I'm glad they are willing to re-air the eps on SCI FI.
    IMO always implied.

Lieutenant Colonel Blue Banrigh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMercury
    Just leaving a little clue as to what I found very interesting:
    Spoiler:
    They're all connected, a la Lost
    Let's just hope they don't meander their way through things as much as that show.

I have high expectations for this show- hopefully it will deliver. The review in this morning's paper was practically glowing, can't wait.

I saw an ad for http://www.brilliantbutcancelled.com/deathwatch/
    Basically, the site bets on which show will be cancelled first... such a depressing concept. Heroes is at the bottom with 237:1 odds of success...if I'm reading this right.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...l/07e875d8.jpg
    "You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Hmm... I didn't take a close look at that page and I'm not good at reading odds anyway, but I'd say Heroes stands less chance of getting cancelled than, say, Ugly Betty. I'd also put Jericho above Heroes in that category (tho I'm liking Jericho so far).

Oh yeah. I definitely think there are a few things with greater odds of cancellation than Heroes. I've been watching and so far I'm enjoying it. Adrian Pasdar is still hot but could he be more self absorbed?
    "You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Adrian Pasdar has been hot since he played Profit.

And OMG! I completely forgot the last 15 seconds of the ep!

This series has great potential and I have a feeling TPTB may be coherent enough to pull it off.

At least for a while. hehe

Those last few seconds were definitely stunnning. I really did not expect that at all. Definitely an interesting show. I like it much so I'll be tuning in for the next episode.

Lieutenant Colonel warmbeachbrat's Avatar

I really, really liked this show. It's intricately plotted and the characters have already piqued my interest. Wow! The ending! I was so not expecting that.

A couple of things: the karaoke--they were performing Backstreet Boys "I Want It That Way". Has anyone seen that video that was going around a while ago of those two Asian college boys lip-synching that song? Truly hilarious. Also, I thought it interesting that the Asian guy talked about the X-Men comic books (especially since everyone is comparing Heroes to the X-Men).

Did anyone watch Mysterious Ways when it was on?

Anyway, LOVED the show and I can't wait until next week!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...or/leeanim.gif and Spudster made another neat one http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/3658/lee1ec.gif Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:
    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ilightBark.gif

Hiro is adorable. Even if he's a bit cliche I still love him to pieces. Definitely my favorite character.

Mohinder is kinda hot. I wonder if he'll be like Dr. Hayes in Misfits of Science- sorta corrals the "specials" but doesn't have a power himself.

Not so interested in Cheerleader girl and I'm amazed that her boytoy/loyal puppy failed to realize the obvious:

Spoiler:
    She was trying to commit suicide. I mean, maybe I'm just silly, but if a friend came to me and said, for instance, "I just drove a knife into my heart and didn't die." I'd be asking (once I was sure it wasn't a joke) why in hell she'd tried to put a knife in her heart. And if she'd tried MULTIPLE Groundhog Daylike attempts to die? I'd be that much more worried. Maybe I'm just strange that way...

That was AMAZING! I am so impressed, beautiful, stunning show, if they can keep up this quality we are truly in for a treat. Gonna re-watch the pilot tomorrow.

I am liking all the characters- the acting is amazingly strong, the music absolutly lovely, the story engaging- yet leaving plenty of room for the characters to breathe. I decided to pick between this and Jericho which one to watch, Heroes comes out the winner without doubt.

I was really impressed with the pilot...the show kind of has a "Lost" vibe to it in a way. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Second Lieutenant

Surprisingly strong pilot episode. It introduced the characters well, set-up a plot that seems will be ongoing throughout the season, and was fairly interesting. It did feel disjointed at times and could use some tightening in places (Stripper mom's story, druggie's story, the whole connection between CreepyDad/Conspiracy).

Hiro: Great character, funny, and liked his enthusiasm. Also liked that they never showed him and his buddy speaking English. Probably the best character.

Claire: Also a very interesting character and her story has a lot of potential, mainly because of her family. She has one of more the practical powers, plus she is just damn cute.

Peter: Probably can't actually fly, his power, I bet, is more along the lines of being an empath or able to sense things from people around him. Could be more interesting because of his brother.

Nathan: A jerk, but still kind of compelling, and hey, he can fly. That was a bit of a shock there at the end when he jumped up to save Peter. Really gave the last 15 or so minutes of the episode real oomph.

Mohinder: Obviously supposed to be Professor X. Should be interesting to see how he manages to gather all the people together.

Nikki: Still am not sure what her power is, but am looking forward to finding out. Also would like to see more of her kid, he seemed cool and oddly not precocious.
    "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

I liked Nikki's kid too. That's the kind of kid I can handle. Nikki's a bit of a loner I believe she's not going to want to be a part of any group of heroes/freaks.

I can't help but feel Mohinder's going to wind up dead leaving these people to figure it all on their own.

I loved Hiro and his buddy along with all their geeky pokes at Star Trek. Good stuff.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

I was surprised at how good the show was, so I give it 5 episodes before it get's canceled.

Carson’s Wrestling Mat yaaayoubetcha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Descent
    I loved Hiro and his buddy along with all their geeky pokes at Star Trek. Good stuff.
    You're death grip, Spock! Death Grip!!

So far, Hiro is my fave as well, but we've yet to see what's his name from Alias. Hopefully he doesn't get shot in the throat again. hehe

Now I did see the end of the ep comming, it's just the sort of thing they do to ensure that there's question about the baddy's motivations. Does he know? Is that why he's searching for Mohinder and his father?

I thought it was well put together and I'm REALLY glad they didn't cram all the characters into one ep.

Love the comic idea from the previews.

On the whole, the show reminded me of a cross tween the Marvel New Universe 'white event' from many many years ago and Lost (so far).
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Lieutenant Colonel Blue Banrigh's Avatar

Has there been any more clues as to who patient/subject Zero in New York is? There are several of them there and was wondering if I missed anything.

BTW Adrian Pasdar = yay. Still waiting for them to release Mysterious Ways on DVD.

Carson’s Wrestling Mat yaaayoubetcha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Banrigh
    Has there been any more clues as to who patient/subject Zero in New York is? There are several of them there and was wondering if I missed anything.
    I didn't see anything on that after the bit in India.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.