This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 10 in High Definition ???

Does anyone know if SCiFi channel will air the new episodes in High Definition Format (1080p) and 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound this summer???

(For both Atlantis and SG1) ?????

Thanks!

Isn't it in HD already?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
      Isn't it in HD already?
      skyone does but I dont think scifi does, I'm not sure if they'll start.

Comment

yeah!

I know SkyOne does have them on HD ...but why would't Sci Fi have them on std def?

My Samsun 42" Plasma HDTV cries everytime I watch Stargate on SCiFi.

Comment

I know SGA is aired in Hight Def in Canada when they air on the Movie Network.
          sigpic

Comment

I could of swore Scifi played them in hi-def
            My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

Originally posted by deathbed1983
              I could of swore Scifi played them in hi-def
              they show them in SD wide screen

Comment

My cable co. doesn't even carry Sci-Fi on digital. (it's not HD but still better than analog.) That's why the DVDs are such a must for me, I can really enjoy it alot better. (did anyone notice that since season 6 the show is at least widescreen, and the DVDs transfers are of much better quality than 1-5?.....and I wonder if the season 1-5 DVDs are "fake" widescreen, because wasn't it shot originally in 4:3?)

EDIT: Oh yeah, analog is really painfull on a 56" HDTV, fixed pixel display lol. (JVC DILA 720P)
                Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

This is my first post. Yay.

I think the chances of the show being aired on scifi at either 720p or 1080i are low.

However, I would buy a HD-DVD player if the shows were released in the HD-DVD format.

Folks, in the USA, the only way that we will see SG1/A in HD is if NBC picked them up and ran with it and I think that would kill the show.
                  Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Seeing as how Sony owns MGM now, I think Stargate will be heading for Blu Ray rather than HD-DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten
                      Seeing as how Sony owns MGM now, I think Stargate will be heading for Blu Ray rather than HD-DVD.

Sadness.

Well it would be great then if they would offer HD downloads via something like www.im.com

*sigh*
                      Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

I was watching the Stargate Atlantis Marathon yesterday and some eps seem to be HD - 720

either that or my Samsung was faking it! LOL

Comment

SciFi (US) is a standard def channel only - there is no high def version.

In the case of battlestar galactica it (is/was) broadcast in HD on universal HD, but stargate does not air in HD in the US.

For those capable of receiving Canadian channels (specifically TMN/MC HD & CityHD) you can receive both SG1 & SGA in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                            SciFi (US) is a standard def channel only - there is no high def version.

In the case of battlestar galactica it (is/was) broadcast in HD on universal HD, but stargate does not air in HD in the US.

For those capable of receiving Canadian channels (specifically TMN/MC HD & CityHD) you can receive both SG1 & SGA in HD.
                            It's true that SciFi only shows Stargate in standard def., but the last few years the show has been shot in hi-def. (or better than it used to be.) The last few seasons look alot better on DVD, and season 8 says "mastered in high definition." They are simply being downsized to show on tv, but they already have HD versions of the show ready for transfer.
                            Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Dag nabit, well then I would pay to watch streams of the show in HD or have it cache on my HD and then expire in a few days using some sort of DRM, just so long as I could watch it when the show airs on scifi.

Is this making sense to anyone else or this just one mans delusional scifi wetdream?

Comment

Working...
                              X