This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    As for Tv or Movie, Im thinking movie characters might be a good idea.
    But then there'd be so many characters we couldn't have! Darth Vader's gonna win the bad guys thing anyway, but it'd be nice to give everyone else a chance...

Also, when you say a "World Cup" style system, are you going to have groups, or just go straight to knock-out rounds?

Comment

Groups of 6 (divided, will explain how later)-> Groups of 4 -> -> knock out rounds

As for Darth Vader, kind of a tragic hero, so he wouldnt win. (because he cant qualify )
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Im leaving the World Cup style behind, too complicated to organise.

The Greatest Sci-fi/Fantasy Villain Tournement is now UNDER WAY!
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Greatest or Favorite ??

What I mean is Replicators/Ori might be meaner (aka Greater) than Goa'uld, but I prefer to choose Goa'uld as a favorite.
          sigpic
          sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Ah, darn. I thought you were going to take a week off. I'm going on vacation tomorrow. And Darth Vader is a villian in my book. That kid was never a tragic hero, I saw him as a whiny, power hungry, jealous brat.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
              Greatest or Favorite ??

What I mean is Replicators/Ori might be meaner (aka Greater) than Goa'uld, but I prefer to choose Goa'uld as a favorite.
              BZZZ. Wrong answer.

Ptah has excluded the Stargate bad guys from the new tournament. Have to say I agree, which, imo will make it a fairer tournament.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm
                Ah, darn. I thought you were going to take a week off. I'm going on vacation tomorrow. And Darth Vader is a villian in my book. That kid was never a tragic hero, I saw him as a whiny, power hungry, jealous brat.
                I'm going on holiday on monday too, for two weeks, but hopefully there will still be some good villains left by the time I get back

And Darth Vader was voted the 3rd greatest villain of all time by the American Film organization
                Top 100 heroes and villains

For voting purposes, a "villain" was defined as a character(s) whose wickedness of mind, selfishness of character and will to power are sometimes masked by beauty and nobility, while others may rage unmasked. They can be horribly evil or grandiosely funny, but are ultimately tragic.
                Last edited by Wraith Scientist; 16 July 2006, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I've always seen Darth Vader as a space version of Macbeth, a loyal warrior, lead down a dark path by predictions of the future, and tempted by power, so in my book, he's a tragic hero, but Im not ignoring you, Im going to be doing something later that will make people happy, so maybe I wil reconsider.

Comment

Working...
                  X