X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Sci-fi/Fantasy show Theme Music Tournament

Wow, that titles a mouthfull.

Okay, following on from the last tournement of Sci-fi and Fantasy shows, lets take a look at their theme music. So, heres what we do pick a show and nominate it, the shows with 2 or more votes go into the tourny.

Now, you have until Sunday to vote for the music, but it would also be a MASSIVE help if you could provide links to the theme music. If you cant then the show cannot be included, if we cannot hear it, we cannot vote for it. If you cant find the theme tune, then provide the whole song as a sample, so for instance if you cant get "Angel"'s theme tune then you can give us a link to the origional song by Darling Violletta.

So. 5 Days. Up to 8 votes each. Off you go.

My Votes
    1. Battlestar Gallactica: The New Series UK
    2. Firefly
    3. Angel
    4. Buffy
    5. Tru Calling
    6. Doctor Who (9th/10th era)
    7. Stargate: Atlantis
    8. Star Trek: Enterprise

If you vote for Doctor Who, please state the era. (ie. Doctor Who: The First Doctor's Theme)
    Last edited by The Signal; 25 May 2006, 09:49 AM.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    Are you nominating those shows or just giving links?
    Giving links

I've deleted my previous post to neaten up the thread - you seem to have got the links
    Your post desn't make sense now

Found a site with some theme tunes here (including Buffy)

OK, my nominations:
    • Stargate SG-1 Theme (.mp3)
    • Stargate Atlantis Theme
    • 9th/10th Doctor Who Theme
    • Original Doctor Who Theme (.ogg)(.ram)
    • Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy Theme
    Last edited by Wraith Scientist; 24 May 2006, 09:19 AM.

Comment

OK - for now this is just a link - i'll do nominations later on in this post (in edits)

The Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Galaxy

OK - so most of you will know it from the film or the books, or the radio series, but there was also a slightly dodgy BBC TV series for it, for which they used the same music as the radio series. Above is a slightly dodgy link to an extract from it.

OK - that site seems to have got everything you could want!

My Nominations

1. The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy
      2. The X-Files
      3. Buffy
      4. Voyager
      5. Startrek TNG
      6. Deep Space 9
      7. Smallville

I've tried not to vote for stuff that already is 'in' with two votes.

I'll hold off on my last one for now.
      Last edited by jonno; 23 May 2006, 03:59 PM.
      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

1. BSG TNS UK theme

2. Star Trek: Enterprise (whether you think it goes with the show or not, it's a great song)

3. Angel (I have never seen the show, but I have heard the theme several times and I love it)

4. X-Files

5. BSG TNS North American Theme (download at the bottom of the page) http://www.spacecast.com/bsg/downloads.asp

6. Space Above and Beyond (never seen the show, good theme though)

7. Red Dwarf http://mythemes.tv/

8. Firefly

Thanks wraith scientist! Any others without links so far seem to be here:
        http://www.fantasynews.co.uk/themetunes.html

Great tournament idea!
        Bold=not seconded yet.
        Last edited by Trek_Girl42; 23 May 2006, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I've just had a thought .. can a show that has a different opening and closing theme (such as Enterprise, or SG-1, or possibly even Lost) have both included?
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I don't really know that much theme music, but I'll add a couple:

1. The X-Files
            2. Babylon 5
            3. Farscape

Sig by Suekay

come visit Stargate Intel

Comment

I'm copying the link from Wraith Scientist (thanks! )

Here's the link to LISTEN or SEARCH for it here (since I don't know how to attach individually)

My nominations (for the time being, I'll add here until it's 8 noms)
              1. Roswell
              2. Charmed
              3. Tru Calling
              4. Farscape
              5. Highlander (link at LoneStar1836 post, thanks )
              6. Red Dwarf (sounds cute )

And since 2 votes are enough to buy entry, I don't need to nominate Angel/Buffy/Firefly anymore , please guys... read the others' nominations before you nominate, so we can include as many votes as possible (and make PTAH! more headachy )
              Last edited by L-JADE; 23 May 2006, 10:20 PM.
              sigpic
              sig.by : lilferret

Comment

http://www.fantasynews.co.uk/themetunes.html

Star Trek: The Original Series
                Star Trek: The Next Generation
                Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
                Star Trek: Voyager

Comment

Heh, cool idea for a tourney Ptah.

Okay, I have links for three Star Trek shows. No surprise there of course.

The Next Generation Theme - That's my favourite, right there. Ahh... the memories. *sigh*
                  There's also an alternate version (which I've never heard before).

Deep Space Nine Theme - It still gives me the goosebumps.

Voyager Theme - It's just so mellow and laid back.

The site policy doesn't allow direct links to the playlist file, so I've provided a link to the page where the .m3u link is embedded. All of the opening theme tracks are the first link on their respective pages. Just click on the link below where it says "Theme/Opening Credits" and open with Windows Media Player.

Some of my other favourites have already been posted. I just cannot forget the opening theme for the third season of Babylon 5, it's just so dark. It's a pity I can't find it anywhere.

And lastly, the Stargate themes. They might not be my top shows, but their opening themes are just about the best.

*edit* It's okay, I've found the theme and a few others. I need to upload them to a file host.
                  Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 23 May 2006, 05:30 PM.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Well, I listened to a bunch of the themes for shows that I hadn't seen, that hadn't been nominated twice, and realized that there's a reason they haven't been nominated twice yet - they suck.

That said, I'll nominate:
                    Star Trek: TNG
                    Star Trek: Voyager
                    Smallville

Comment

Missster.Freeman,
                      I have the links for all of B5 in my post.

Sig by Suekay

come visit Stargate Intel

Comment

My nominations so far.....

1) Space: Above And Beyond
                        2) Quantum Leap
                        3) Roswell

4) Highlander This one has to be included so somebody else better nominate it.

5) BSG: TNS (the US version...Trek_Girl linked to it above)

6) Amazing Stories *I can't be the only one who thinks this is a memorable theme. Hey, it's by the master of musical scores, John Williams. Loved watching this show as a kid.

I have a question. Are each of the 5 seasons of B5 going to be included individually? Or are they just going to be lumped together? Just wondering. Ya know, season 5 may have been the subpar season but I think it was my favorite intro and music.

So far all of these except Highlander can be found on this site which has a lot of tv themes.
                        Last edited by LoneStar1836; 23 May 2006, 11:22 PM.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

1) Stargate SG-1 ;

2) Farscape
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                            My nominations so far.....

Space: Above And Beyond
                            Quantum Leap
                            Roswell
                            Highlander This one has to be included so somebody else better nominate it.
                            BSG: TNS (the US version...Trek_Girl linked to it above)

The first 3 can be found on this site which has a lot of tv themes.
                            You SO get green for seconding my BSG pick!

And for pointing to that site.....I'm changeing some of my votes above, and anyone is welcome to second them, hint, hint (I get rid of some of my picks that have more then two votes already)

Comment

Well, the only one I was going to vote for that hasn't already got two votes is Star Trek (the original series). So that's my vote. As well as one for SG-1, in case I miscounted.

Star Trek: The Original Series
                              Stargate SG-1

Star Trek is at http://www.fantasynews.co.uk/themetunes.html

EDIT: OH! OH! Another vote! FUTURAMA!!!
                              Ahem. It's at http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/MP3Sounds/
                              Last edited by Naonak; 24 May 2006, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X