X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateWorld
    Pretty soon, or thereabouts.
    OK, now you are starting to sound like Joe and that's downright scary!!!

Comment

Can you tell us at all what kinds of stuff will be updated (Atlantis season 1, SG-1 season 8, etc.)?

Comment

SO when exactly is this 'soon'? Should we be expecting anything by the end of the month or...in next month or...at the end of August? Hmmm?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

We are actually working to finish upgrading the Omnipedia with a back-end content management system, which will streamline the production process to the extreme! Hopefully this will be done in the next week or so, and then new entries will begin to appear in a steady stream.

The new system will also make it easier for us to add new entries as they are finished, rather than saving up 20 or 30 and releasing them all at once.

Darren

Comment

We are actually working to finish upgrading the Omnipedia with a back-end content management system, which will streamline the production process to the extreme! Hopefully this will be done in the next week or so, and then new entries will begin to appear in a steady stream.

The new system will also make it easier for us to add new entries as they are finished, rather than saving up 20 or 30 and releasing them all at once.

Darren
            Sounds great... looking forward to it!

Ace
            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

When the new Omnipedia hits I'll make an announcement in the GateWorld Features section here with a detailed listing of the changes, enhancements, etc. I'm presently compiling the list. While Darren's in DSL limbo I hope to make leaps and bounds with it. I'm very pleased to say it's coming together nicely, but since we've made so many empty promises in the past regarding it I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, <squeee!!>

Comment

Originally posted by David
                I'm very pleased to say it's coming together nicely, but since we've made so many empty promises in the past regarding it I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, <squeee!!>
                What empty promises?

Originally posted by Darren(Nov. 13, 2004)
                Probably nothing major for the Omni until January, when I get done with this semester and the holidays. [snip]
                Originally posted by David(Jan. 20, 2005)
                As for the Omni, I'm bucking for a major update. School's just got back for me and I have a lot of material that's now completed. [snip]
                Originally posted by GateWorld(Feb. 22, 2005)
                It's tough for me to crank on the Omnipedia when new episodes are airing, to be honest, since there's so much to do in terms of reviews, transcripts (they ARE coming!), analyses, etc. The rerun breaks are really my big chance to do some catch-up, so look for lots of new additions in a couple of months.

Darren
                Originally posted by David(Feb. 26, 2005)
                Never fear. I've been plugging away every chance I get! Things are coming along nicely, in terms of the look and feel of these new entries. I can't wait either.
                Originally posted by David(April 10, 2005)
                Darren and I are days away from completing a massive update to one of the sections of the Omnipedia, as a matter of fact. I am very pleased with it. Be sure to bug him and chances are it will be released that much quicker!!

Woo!
                Originally posted by GateWorld(June 30, 2005)
                Oh, you mean THOSE.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                Spoiler:

Comment

We're just optimistic people ... can't you tell?

Darren

Comment

Yes, Those. But to his credit Darren has just added, like, 80 new entries to a section, so when this new section is released it'll be jazzy. Lemme put it this way: I started last week, and we're almost done!

Comment

Will you be adding listings of all the episodes that each recurring character has been in? For example, will the omnipedia list all of Frasier's episodes?

Comment

The Omnipedia already lists significant episodes Dr. Frasier has appeared in, if not all of them.

Comment

To Darren and David,

We have faith in you. I'm certain the new and improved Omnipedia will be ready, by 2006, fer sure!

Just a little joke, we do know how hard you work and running this site is a huge task. You both need more pats on the back. Consider yourself "patted".
                          (I'd hug you, but I don't know you well enough).

Edit: Um, one, tiny, little thing. Do you think we'll be getting NEW icons, of the SGA people, anytime soon? (hint hint)
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I have found the Omnipedia section of GW one of the best and my favorite to brush up on my knowledge in the SG universe. There is some serious work into that section of the site, I love it, great job!

Damn Lida that's one very scary looking Furling, if that's what they look like NO wonder thats why they hide there faces!
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

The omnipedia has settled quite a few forum arguments
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Please continue any topics regarding the Omnipedia in Omnipedia 2.0

Comment

Working...
                                X