Lost City, Part 1 (721)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffa
    The crossword puzzle is the key to the whole episode. Jack’s puzzled mind (not yet ancient) uses the crosswords to direct them to the Taonas outpost. So it didn’t bother that he kept the others waiting while he sat outside to work it out.
    He didn't have his head sucked in yet when he made them wait.
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry...It goes straight from vhs to pc for editing, I guess I got lost in the cutting room. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

The way they used the crossword in this episode particulary got me interested. I think it was a clever way to get them going to Taonaus
        __

__

Comment

Still think they figured it out too quickly

Comment

Uma Thurman = celestial body

Comment

Part 2 of this episode is the best action episode, this it very near the best, because its so funny, i love seeing sg-1 in there natural lives just having a laugh, and where Daniel says, what?!? Teal’c is one of the deepest people I know, common, show him how deep deep you are"
              Teal'c: my depth is immaterial to this discussion
              Denial: ohhhh, ya seee.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                Part 2 of this episode is the best action episode, this it very near the best, because its so funny, i love seeing sg-1 in there natural lives just having a laugh, and where Daniel says, what?!? Teal’c is one of the deepest people I know, common, show him how deep deep you are"
                Teal'c: my depth is immaterial to this discussion
                Denial: ohhhh, ya seee.

And Jack is like "No more beer for you"! lol My favourtie 2-parter yet!
                __

__

Comment

As with so many 2 parters, this one was a little slow, and part 2 was a little fast. Perhaps some of the pt 2 plot should have been moved into pt 1, which would have improved both.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nah. I had no problem with this one at all. This is so teriffic. I loved this so much *blah blah blah, typical "yay this was a great episode stuff" that would bore you guys stiff*. But I wonder if that Ancient head-sucker thing would have worked on Daniel even if he tried. I mean, we don't know if he has the Ancient gene.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

"Who's going to translate when you go Ancient?" ROTFL! I also like the scenes at Jack's cabin, sponsored by Guiness, of course.

I felt the crossword puzzle was too much of a plot device. It's never been talked about thar Jack likes to do crossword puzzles. It also seemed a bit out of character to me. I could see Sam or Daniel doing them, but Jack. Not really buying it. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                        I felt the crossword puzzle was too much of a plot device. It's never been talked about thar Jack likes to do crossword puzzles. It also seemed a bit out of character to me. I could see Sam or Daniel doing them, but Jack. Not really buying it. Sorry.
                        I don't think Jack was into crosswords but he did it because of bet with Sam.

Comment

Speaking of which, anyone know what the wager was or if it was money or if it was just something that would've been embarassing to the losing party? What?
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                            I don't think Jack was into crosswords but he did it because of bet with Sam.
                            Maybe he usually does the TV Guide crossword.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Maybe he usually does the TV Guide crossword.
                              Actually, i have the Season 7 DVD'd and if you pause it at the right moment, according to the commentators of the episode, and can get a good veiw of the crossword, its actually a Stargate crossword with all stargate terms and names on it.
                              Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                                But I wonder if that Ancient head-sucker thing would have worked on Daniel even if he tried. I mean, we don't know if he has the Ancient gene.
                                It does react to daniel when he gets close to it, so I would say that it would most likely grab his head.

Comment

Working...
                                X