No announcement yet.

Lost City, Part 1 (721)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great ep. I love the start with Jack washing the phone under the water and working on the crossword puzzle. A lot of stuff with crossword was hilarious.

A blonde Elizabeth Weir. And she's here to replace Hammond. *Shakes fist* I much prefer the Atlantis Weir.

Loved the scene at Jacks house. I would have liked to see that sort of stuff more often. It seems Daniel doesn't handle his alcohol very well haha. Teal'c is so deep! lol.

The Jaffa learnt the price for failing Anubis. He's quite happy to sacrifice them seeing as he has the superior foot soldiers in the Kull warriors.
    sigpic

Comment

Tuesday night...and not just any old ep of SG1...back in 02/03...when S7 was still in the works...the rumour was that an SG1 cinema movie was also in the works to link the show to the upcoming new spinoff Atlantis...Gateworld cinema trips were planned and everything...however that movie never happened and it's plotline became what was originally aired as a two-parter to end the season.

On DVD it's released in movie format but for the first time since the first time it aired over here in early '04 I'm watching it in it's original two parts for the sake of the Rewatch(if memory serves the tbc was just as Bra'tac and Teal'c left for Chulak)

1. Crossword scene was dumb-Jack at his worst.

2. Looking back, I'm not sure how they thought they could make off with the Ancient device.

3. First impression of Weir...hard to say, already it looked like she might be a better fit in Atlantis than the SGC where let's face it Kinsey was hoping she'd be out of her depth.

4. It certainly made that first briefing interesting, particularly from SG1's POV! You sort of took Hammond's competance for granted and now...

5. Bra'tac: Has Hammond of Texas fallen in battle We've had a recent change in our political leaders. Bra'tac: Fools, hashaks, you doom yourselves!

Decent enough set up...
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I'm gonna copy and paste this in the Part 2 thread (because I can).

This was a really great episode, which set the spin-off show for the franchise.

I don't have as much to say about these 2 episodes, compared to Full Circle

Some notes:
        • I noticed that the President has some tendencies that Jack has (like mocking the enemy).
        • The visual effects were awesome in this one, can wait until we are able to see it in HD.
        • Kinsey is still an ass[beep]. That will never change.
        • Again, Joel did an amazing job on the music for the episodes (Damn it Joel, I want my Soundtracks)
        • I would like to see the original script for Lost City (you know the Feature Script, that takes place after Full Circle, it does exist (and finished), Martin said so in the Full Circle commentary).
        • Liked that cliffhanger.

Monday, Season 8, and the Replicators are back.
        sigpic

Comment

First time round I thought the first part of this was a bit boring. The more I re-watch it, the more I appreciate the continuation from 'Inauguration' and the way it builds a nice base to put the fantastic part two on to.

We meet Dr Elizabeth Weir, I liked Jessica Steen in the role and it would have been nice to see her carry on. Thankfully she's nobody's fool, let alone Kinsey's. It's always gratifying to see when people see Kinsey for who he really is, a scheming, self serving *bleep*!

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Great stuff, I love this two parter. I like the second part more though, but this is still good with plenty of funny parts.
            I also watched them on DVD all as one episode and had to check where the first part ends since it's been a little while since I saw it on TV.
            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I would be an idiot to say Lost City is a bad episode. However, a major flaw of Part I is a trap Stargate falls into a lot. They put so much preparation in Part I to make Part II so awesome it makes Part I with the setup. Part I has this problem. Its not bad but Part II is leaps and bounds superior to Part I. That said what makes Lost City so great is that has something for everyone. Part I has one final ground firefight and archalogical investigation as SG1 tries to locate the Repository of the Ancients. It has one final team moment as SG1 and Hammond meet in Jack's house. It also showcases many antagonists with the inclusion of Kinsey to just make SG1's job that more difficult. I never really cared that much for the Stein version of Weir. She seems devoid of any emotion.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

LOL a little mini-goof at about 21 minutes in, the Jaffa being massacred by Anubis' super-soldiers kind of shuffle away from the line of fire rather than running or ducking for cover. They certainly don't be making much of an effort to hide from the soldiers, something we've seen SG-1 have some success doing.

Comment

Now I may just be an idiot but why didn't the iris get destroyed by the unstable vortex
                  Last edited by LionHamster; 11 April 2015, 05:41 AM. Reason: Correcting a lower case I

Comment

Cause the iris is set so the vortex won't even form.

Comment

O'Neill gets 'cruvus' again, good stuff to be expected.
                      Nice private scenes at O'Neill's house - good interaction and the question comes up if everything comes to an end.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Does anyone find Kinsey reminds of Trump? No comment on either behavior...

Comment

I think Kinsey is a heck of a lot smarter than Trump.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Lost City isn't divided up into 2 episodes on my DVD-set so there will be only one review here...

I love this episode so much, like a lot.

I love that Hayes shuts Kinsey down. I love General Hammond getting command of Prometheus to battle Anubis. I love Jack getting cruvus again and doing all the things he does. I love drunk Daniel balancing that orange on his bottle and announcing how deep Teal'c can be. I love the search for the lost city -- or at least the outpost. The battle that happened and the defeat of Anubis.

Bra'tac still kicking some serious butt. Young jaffa should know better than to underestimate his strength.

The introduction of Doctor Weir 1.0 (Jessica Steen), and LOL @ that note she gets from Hayes in the car when Kinsey tells her about the Stargate project. Wiped the smile right off her face when it's really NOT a joke.

How would you rate SG-1's "Lost City, Part 1"?

Excellent

Good
                            Fair
                            Poor
                            Terrible
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I usually watch Stargate with my BFF these days, and I only see her on random 3 day weekends. When we watch, though, we almost always watch Lost City (also not a two parter for me) because it's her favorite season 7 episode. I love the things FH mentions; I also find my self yelling at Daniel because Jack says "goodbye friends" but Daniel only translates it as "goodbye."

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

2(4)-episode quiz: Lost City & New Order(s8)

Jigsaw puzzle: Lost City, part I

And the End of Season 7 poll can be found in the general "Proper Stargate Rewatch" thread.
                                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 15 August 2019, 09:59 AM.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X