No announcement yet.

Lost City, Part 1 (721)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack is saying that Mr. Burns is a Goa'uld.

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
      Jack is saying that Mr. Burns is a Goa'uld.
      No, what he is saying is that if you were to compare characters from both shows, Mr Burns would be the bad guy, IE, a Goa'uld (at the time they were talking about it, the Goa'uld were the bad guys).

chem

Comment

hey any body know what rifle carter uses in season seven and on. shes the only one on the team that uses it, theres a good shot of it after Jack "gets his head sucked by that dang ancient head sucker.

Comment

All I recall about Sam's fancy new weapon is it had a scope on it.. It looked like the weapons special forces use in battlefield 2. Perhaps you can look that up.. I dunno.

But man, what scared me about this episode: watching Jack shave.. Anyone else notice that? I seriously thought he was going to cut his throat on accident or something..
          "I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." - Jaim Lannister, a Song of Ice and Fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis View Post
            The way they used the crossword in this episode particulary got me interested. I think it was a clever way to get them going to Taonaus
            That it was... and i loved it how jack tried to get daniel to help him out..

Originally posted by aAnubiSs View Post
            Still think they figured it out too quickly
            I disgree. Daniel's had what, 7+ years working around strange alien languages, and was ancient for a time (well ascended)... so his working out the ;symbols are sylabals in jacks words' was spot on for me.

Originally posted by LMichelle View Post
            "Who's going to translate when you go Ancient?" ROTFL!
            While i would have loved it if daniel had done the 'head suckky thing' i do agree, it was the right choice to do..

Originally posted by cafine_us View Post
            Actually, I think two-parters are always on the DVD as a single episode. I could be wrong of course, but I don't think Lost City is the only time this has happened.
            Evolutions, and heroes were not.. but this was... i wonder why??

Originally posted by timdalton007 View Post
            Only LOST CITY is edited together (the other exception might be CHILDREN OF THE GODS
            That is cause COTG was not a 2 parter, but the 'entrance episode into the series'..

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo View Post
              Although imo, alot more things could have been accomplished in this first part of the 2 part finale, i did like the whole 'crossword puzzle' and Jack saying to Kinsey, "Yes well that is exactly what we do; we sit around on our fat asses and create scenarios that put the planet at risk, that's exactly what we do." Tjat was funny
              I loved the scene between Jack and Kinsey in the briefing room. O'Neill's so rude to him, but Kinsey deserves it.

Originally posted by Anubis View Post
              True, but I liked the crossword answers. The answer was ten and Jack wrote fat
              Lol, Jack's answers were hilarious! Like when he wrote 'Uma Thurman' and Daniel says that it must mean something and O'Neill replies, "It does."

Originally posted by Slade 155 View Post
              But man, what scared me about this episode: watching Jack shave.. Anyone else notice that? I seriously thought he was going to cut his throat on accident or something..
              Hehehe, yeh, he seemed to be a dangerous shaver.

I enjoyed this episode, especially the scene at Jack's house. Not only was it shippy at the beginning (sorry non-shippers ), but it was really nice to see Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and Jack sitting around relaxing and just looking like a typical group of friends hanging out.
              "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
              S/J all the way!
              Big Honkin' Resolution!
              sigpic
              John/Teyla Shipper!
              SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Evolutions, and heroes were not.. but this was... i wonder why??
                it's because this was originally the end to the series plus it was the introduction to atlantis so it was considered extra special. the only other two parter to be edited into a single episode on the dvds i children of the gods.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle View Post
                  "Who's going to translate when you go Ancient?" ROTFL! I also like the scenes at Jack's cabin, sponsored by Guiness, of course.

I felt the crossword puzzle was too much of a plot device. It's never been talked about thar Jack likes to do crossword puzzles. It also seemed a bit out of character to me. I could see Sam or Daniel doing them, but Jack. Not really buying it. Sorry.
                  The scenes in the cabin were the best and yes burns as a gould also how does he snap that beer lid i have been trying to no luck

Comment

Up to which point does Part one ends? Just curious coz it was shown as a whole movie in the DVD. I was looking for part 2 when I realised that the episode was not split in my dvd.

Nevermind. Found my answer.
                    Last edited by L E E; 29 July 2008, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I'm glad that on the dvd this episode isn't split into 2, helps give it a 'movie' kind of feel as was originally intended.

Comment

Originally posted by vzzzzzbx View Post
                        I'm glad that on the dvd this episode isn't split into 2, helps give it a 'movie' kind of feel as was originally intended.
                        indeed lost city would have made a amamzing movie

Comment

Originally posted by Slade 155 View Post
                          sigpic

Comment

I think Jack knows how to shave or he'd never have attained his age.

It would have made an amazing movie.

Go Hammond! He knows how to make the big decisions.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Watched both parts in a row, don't know where the split was...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                                Watched both parts in a row, don't know where the split was...
                                Lost City I ends when Teal'c and Bra'tac leave from the SGC to find a ship
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X