Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: 721

Jack is saying that Mr. Burns is a Goa'uld.

: Green is Good.
    I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: 721

Quote Originally Posted by Cap116 View Post
    Jack is saying that Mr. Burns is a Goa'uld.
    No, what he is saying is that if you were to compare characters from both shows, Mr Burns would be the bad guy, IE, a Goa'uld (at the time they were talking about it, the Goa'uld were the bad guys).

chem

Default Re: Lost City, Part 1 (721)

hey any body know what rifle carter uses in season seven and on. shes the only one on the team that uses it, theres a good shot of it after Jack "gets his head sucked by that dang ancient head sucker.

All I recall about Sam's fancy new weapon is it had a scope on it.. It looked like the weapons special forces use in battlefield 2. Perhaps you can look that up.. I dunno.

But man, what scared me about this episode: watching Jack shave.. Anyone else notice that? I seriously thought he was going to cut his throat on accident or something..

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    The way they used the crossword in this episode particulary got me interested. I think it was a clever way to get them going to Taonaus
    That it was... and i loved it how jack tried to get daniel to help him out..

Quote Originally Posted by aAnubiSs View Post
    Still think they figured it out too quickly
    I disgree. Daniel's had what, 7+ years working around strange alien languages, and was ancient for a time (well ascended)... so his working out the ;symbols are sylabals in jacks words' was spot on for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LMichelle View Post
    "Who's going to translate when you go Ancient?" ROTFL!
    While i would have loved it if daniel had done the 'head suckky thing' i do agree, it was the right choice to do..

Quote Originally Posted by cafine_us View Post
    Actually, I think two-parters are always on the DVD as a single episode. I could be wrong of course, but I don't think Lost City is the only time this has happened.
    Evolutions, and heroes were not.. but this was... i wonder why??

Quote Originally Posted by timdalton007 View Post
    Only LOST CITY is edited together (the other exception might be CHILDREN OF THE GODS
    That is cause COTG was not a 2 parter, but the 'entrance episode into the series'..

Quote Originally Posted by Elwe Singollo View Post
    Although imo, alot more things could have been accomplished in this first part of the 2 part finale, i did like the whole 'crossword puzzle' and Jack saying to Kinsey, "Yes well that is exactly what we do; we sit around on our fat asses and create scenarios that put the planet at risk, that's exactly what we do." Tjat was funny
    I loved the scene between Jack and Kinsey in the briefing room. O'Neill's so rude to him, but Kinsey deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    True, but I liked the crossword answers. The answer was ten and Jack wrote fat
    Lol, Jack's answers were hilarious! Like when he wrote 'Uma Thurman' and Daniel says that it must mean something and O'Neill replies, "It does."

Quote Originally Posted by Slade 155 View Post
    But man, what scared me about this episode: watching Jack shave.. Anyone else notice that? I seriously thought he was going to cut his throat on accident or something..
    Hehehe, yeh, he seemed to be a dangerous shaver.

I enjoyed this episode, especially the scene at Jack's house. Not only was it shippy at the beginning (sorry non-shippers ), but it was really nice to see Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and Jack sitting around relaxing and just looking like a typical group of friends hanging out.
    "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
    S/J all the way!
    Big Honkin' Resolution!

John/Teyla Shipper!
    SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Evolutions, and heroes were not.. but this was... i wonder why??
    it's because this was originally the end to the series plus it was the introduction to atlantis so it was considered extra special. the only other two parter to be edited into a single episode on the dvds i children of the gods.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by LMichelle View Post
    "Who's going to translate when you go Ancient?" ROTFL! I also like the scenes at Jack's cabin, sponsored by Guiness, of course.

I felt the crossword puzzle was too much of a plot device. It's never been talked about thar Jack likes to do crossword puzzles. It also seemed a bit out of character to me. I could see Sam or Daniel doing them, but Jack. Not really buying it. Sorry.
    The scenes in the cabin were the best and yes burns as a gould also how does he snap that beer lid i have been trying to no luck

Second Lieutenant

Up to which point does Part one ends? Just curious coz it was shown as a whole movie in the DVD. I was looking for part 2 when I realised that the episode was not split in my dvd.

Nevermind. Found my answer.
    Last edited by L E E; July 29th, 2008 at 08:59 AM.

I'm glad that on the dvd this episode isn't split into 2, helps give it a 'movie' kind of feel as was originally intended.

Quote Originally Posted by vzzzzzbx View Post
    I'm glad that on the dvd this episode isn't split into 2, helps give it a 'movie' kind of feel as was originally intended.
    indeed lost city would have made a amamzing movie

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade 155 View Post

I think Jack knows how to shave or he'd never have attained his age.

It would have made an amazing movie.

Go Hammond! He knows how to make the big decisions.
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Watched both parts in a row, don't know where the split was...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by maneth View Post
    Watched both parts in a row, don't know where the split was...
    Lost City I ends when Teal'c and Bra'tac leave from the SGC to find a ship
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Second Lieutenant Lieutenant Sparrow's Avatar

A great ep. I love the start with Jack washing the phone under the water and working on the crossword puzzle. A lot of stuff with crossword was hilarious.

A blonde Elizabeth Weir. And she's here to replace Hammond. *Shakes fist* I much prefer the Atlantis Weir.

Loved the scene at Jacks house. I would have liked to see that sort of stuff more often. It seems Daniel doesn't handle his alcohol very well haha. Teal'c is so deep! lol.

The Jaffa learnt the price for failing Anubis. He's quite happy to sacrifice them seeing as he has the superior foot soldiers in the Kull warriors.

Tuesday night...and not just any old ep of SG1...back in 02/03...when S7 was still in the works...the rumour was that an SG1 cinema movie was also in the works to link the show to the upcoming new spinoff Atlantis...Gateworld cinema trips were planned and everything...however that movie never happened and it's plotline became what was originally aired as a two-parter to end the season.

On DVD it's released in movie format but for the first time since the first time it aired over here in early '04 I'm watching it in it's original two parts for the sake of the Rewatch(if memory serves the tbc was just as Bra'tac and Teal'c left for Chulak)

1. Crossword scene was dumb-Jack at his worst.

2. Looking back, I'm not sure how they thought they could make off with the Ancient device.

3. First impression of Weir...hard to say, already it looked like she might be a better fit in Atlantis than the SGC where let's face it Kinsey was hoping she'd be out of her depth.

4. It certainly made that first briefing interesting, particularly from SG1's POV! You sort of took Hammond's competance for granted and now...

5. Bra'tac: Has Hammond of Texas fallen in battle We've had a recent change in our political leaders. Bra'tac: Fools, hashaks, you doom yourselves!

Decent enough set up...

DVDs Re: Lost City, Part 1 (721)

I'm gonna copy and paste this in the Part 2 thread (because I can).

This was a really great episode, which set the spin-off show for the franchise.

I don't have as much to say about these 2 episodes, compared to Full Circle

Some notes:
    • I noticed that the President has some tendencies that Jack has (like mocking the enemy).
    • The visual effects were awesome in this one, can wait until we are able to see it in HD.
    • Kinsey is still an ass[beep]. That will never change.
    • Again, Joel did an amazing job on the music for the episodes (Damn it Joel, I want my Soundtracks)
    • I would like to see the original script for Lost City (you know the Feature Script, that takes place after Full Circle, it does exist (and finished), Martin said so in the Full Circle commentary).
    • Liked that cliffhanger.

Monday, Season 8, and the Replicators are back.

First time round I thought the first part of this was a bit boring. The more I re-watch it, the more I appreciate the continuation from 'Inauguration' and the way it builds a nice base to put the fantastic part two on to.

We meet Dr Elizabeth Weir, I liked Jessica Steen in the role and it would have been nice to see her carry on. Thankfully she's nobody's fool, let alone Kinsey's. It's always gratifying to see when people see Kinsey for who he really is, a scheming, self serving *bleep*!

My LiveJournal post

Great stuff, I love this two parter. I like the second part more though, but this is still good with plenty of funny parts.
    I also watched them on DVD all as one episode and had to check where the first part ends since it's been a little while since I saw it on TV.
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

>-- Czechs Rock! >--

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast