X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did you start watching?

When did you start watching the show?

I started around the end of Season 7. I had seen the episode 'Seth' recently from the re-runs, and I liked it. I saw that the sci-fi channel was airing a new episode that friday, so I tuned in (It was 'Inauguration'). I had also saw 'Evolution' parts one and two Earlier that season, but just didn't know what show it was.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

My husband always watched the show and tried to get me to watch. I started watching reruns the moment they announced RDA was gone and Browder was joining the cast. I won't get into the details of why I never liked RDA in the show, that gets me in trouble around here.

Comment

I started watching in S9, but not because of the newbies. The classic eps are what got me addicted. I saw Stargate SG-1 Mondays. I saw one ep and was hooked. I starting watching the new eps then. Actually, when I first began watching I didn't even know if they still made the show.

Comment

Even though this kind of thread have been made before, I will respond as I havent posted in any of the others.

I saw the movie first back when it came out. Saw the first season when it aired here in Denmark, forgot all about it after that, untill college where one of my classmates owned all seasons aired up till then (season 7), I watched those and started watching the episodes after I had seen all the others.

Comment

I can vaguely remember the movie, but never watched the show...I was a devout Trekkie and Trekkie only, though I did watch farscape and roswell for a while. I remember watching Scorched Earth when it first aired on Channel Four in the UK, and I didn't like it, so I never tuned back in.

Then one of my friends at school (Mishy Mo) told me how good SG1 was, and I agreed to watch on the condition that she watch Star Trek Voyager.

I watched Window of Opportunity in February 2004...and I haven't looked back
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Uh...does the movie playing in theatres count?
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I saw the movie at the turn of the century. I didn't start watching until season 8 at the episode [U]prometius unbound[U] i didn't start watching atlantis until the middle of season 2

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
                My husband always watched the show and tried to get me to watch. I started watching reruns the moment they announced RDA was gone and Browder was joining the cast. I won't get into the details of why I never liked RDA in the show, that gets me in trouble around here.
                Expressing your opinion on why you didn't like RDA as Jack doesn't get you into any trouble around here. You can express it as often as you want. I just think most people don't see RDA as ruining MacGyver with an anti-gun message and being a hypocrit for playing Jack, who carries a big P-90 and likes to blow things up. You do, most others don't; no big deal one way or the other. They are just opinions – neither right nor wrong.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...start+watching
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hmm well I actually started by accident. A couple of years ago, like when SG-1 was in seaon 3 or so, I came upon the Stargate Information Archive website. I think I was searching for Starcraft stuff but ya anyways back then that website had like all the episodes online for download. I had never even heard of Stargate and knew nothing about it but I like sci-fi stuff so I decided to watch it. I've been hooked ever since. It was actually kind of funny since its my favorite show and I've been following it since season 3, but I didnt start watching it on TV until it moved to sci-fi.

Comment

I started watchng SG-1 when the show hit syndication because I didn't have cable when I was living with my parents (before college). I made the jump to watching on Sci-fi when season 6 was in syndication and season seven was airing on Sci-Fi. It was pretty cool because it was 2 seasons of SG-1 in one season.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I started watching Stargate during season 5 - Desperate Measures was my first episode that I watched. I now own seasons 1 - 8 on DVD and it's practically the only thing I like to watch on tv today. I'm so bummed that I hadn't gotten to know about the show earlier because then I would have gone to the convention that was held here in Melbourne in 2003 where Amanda Tapping attended - I'm afraid that now I may never have another chance to meet her. Oh yeah...I do watch SGA too but I only just started watching that as of last week - got season 1 on DVD for mothers day!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I started watching Stargate with the film, the first time it aired on TV in France. I liked it, but made me hate Kurt Russell (too "monsieur muscles", for me).

Then, as in my family we are fans of science-fiction (about 2 or 3 thousands books in my library ), I asked my brother and father to watch it, they agreed, and we became fans with the first episode. I only missed one, which I recently saw.

Comment

I started watching stargate from the very first movie, i think my parents rented it out, then couple of years later I sure the first series on sky1, and was hook ever since.

Comment

I watched the movie the first day it came out on cinemas over here in the UK and saw bits of the series but never really got into it until New Order Part 2 in season 8 when for some reason (not sure why) I became addicted to it. I have watched Atlantis from the very first ep.

I think one reason for me getting addicted to it then and watching it was that the Official DVD Magazine started in the UK, so I bought them and have watched most eps now (there are a few in season 7 that I havent actually seen yet , but I will have seen them all soon)

Comment

Working...
                              X