No announcement yet.

Inauguration (720)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this epiosde, it was well acted all around. I didn't miss anyone. Guy playing the president did a good job. Seems to setup the next season and recap this season at the same time. I have nothing bad to say about it.

Comment

I'm about to watch this episode.

It is another clip show isn't it?

EDIT: I like this new character. Hopefully, Devane will be a recurring character** rather than the previous mythical President. What I liked was that, even despite the positive attitude he had about the SGC, I didn't know what way he was going to do.

And I still don't, because even in the last few minutes as Woolsey handed over evidence against Kinsey, I suspected that the real power behind the rogue NID that the President was talking about was himself. After the episode ended I thought about it more and I think another possibility is that there is an hidden alien conspiracy that predates the SGC. I know that the Goa'uld get replaced with another villain in the final years of SG-1 and I remember some alien agents in SGU but I didn't follow that show much.**

I loved the scene where Kinsey jumps in on the idea of an inappropriate relationships when he sees the argument slipping away. The snake. I knew Woolsey would be revealed as a more decent sort as he ends up in Atlantis and you can see him uncomfortable with the topic as he has no evidence of wrong doing in this regard.

I've also meant before to mention a major problem in the NID/Kinsey plot line and that problem is actually made worse in this episode when Hammond finally uses the evidence on Kinsey. He tells Woolsey he didn't know who to trust.

Really?

What about the previous president? Agent Barrett? General Maynard? The other Joint Chiefs?

I know they had to keep the plot going and we have to overlook some potholes in order to keep the story going, but there should also be some kind of realistic consequences. The evince is stolen or think up a believable reason why Hammond can't use it.

Haven has the same problem. I love the show and that the mystery is unfolded slowly, but there is a;so problems in that. Parker knows from early on that the two brothers know important information about her and the town, but they simply don't tell her and she doesn't push for answers. It would have made more sense for Parker not to know they know, but we in the audience know they know.
      Last edited by I Am Not James Spader; 01 October 2015, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Nice new situation at the White House and changes to be expected at the SGC - good preparation for the next eps.
        Good clips - much better than dialogues.
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
          Nice new situation at the White House and changes to be expected at the SGC - good preparation for the next eps.
          Good clips - much better than dialogues.
          No, clips are lazy.

Once again there is a strong story here - as I said SG-1 at least uses the clip shows to advance the story unlike other TV shows that used them as an excuse to do nothing for an episode.

I haven't seen such episodes on TV in a long time. Are clip shows still done these days?

Comment

Yes, when money needs to be saved
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I loved William Devane, "This is my first day" "yes, Mr. President". "who are these people following me?" "they work for your" "shouldn't I know who they are?" "the chairman of the joint chiefs is waiting for you in your office" "he knows it's my first day, right?" Classic, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
                I loved William Devane, "This is my first day" "yes, Mr. President". "who are these people following me?" "they work for your" "shouldn't I know who they are?" "the chairman of the joint chiefs is waiting for you in your office" "he knows it's my first day, right?" Classic, I love it.
                Agreed!!!
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Clip show inception! I love that they had the nerve to put clips from a previous clip show into their clip show!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm not a fan of clip shows and this is no exception, even if President Hayes is pretty funky to follow on his first day.

He's probably meant to get on your nerves but Kinsey annoys the hell out of me and any scene with him makes me want to drop him down a rabbit hole, straight into the black hole of oblivion.

It's not a bad episode, but it's a clip show and like I said, I don't like those very much.

How would you rate SG-1's "Inauguration"?

Excellent
                    Good
                    Fair
                    Poor
                    Terrible

---------------EDIT----------------

3-episode quiz: Heroes II, Resurrection & Inauguration

Jigsaw puzzle: Inauguration
                    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 14 August 2019, 04:05 PM. Reason: Adding quiz & jigsaw
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Do you have a medium FH?
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Do you have a medium FH?
                        I passed a few of them in Blackpool but wasn't compelled to enter their den...

Comment

12:31
                          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Unlike FH, I dont hate clip shows. They are a necessary evil and can be good if the clips serve a purpose. Inauguration does this because it sets up who Hayes is. This episode does its best to show that Hayes is a competent man who is willing to listen to reason
                            Which is quite well established through clips. It help set up Lost City. I also think this episode is to redeem Woodley. He is more of an antihero. This episode does well to establish that he is not a villian, just that his morals differ from SG1. I give it a good with 13/15 quiz and 8:56. My last few puzzles have been consistent. Consistently nad
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

7:52 -- better... but still...
                              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 22 August 2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment

FH, you beat Jelgate, by over a minute!

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X