No announcement yet.

Inauguration (720)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can almost forget that this is a clip show. It was a beautifully shot and scripted episode that makes a great prelude to Lost City. I really liked President Hayes and loved how I felt sympathy and even admiration for Woolsey by the end of it.

I hardly even noticed the clips, and they didn't seem to take up an inordinate amount of time and flowed nicely. Following TPTB's very deft use of a money saving tool in order to give us an amazing Episode to end out the season.

Comment

That's strange. I thought I was watching Stargate and not The West Wing. I hate clip shows, and while this was better than Disclosure (I know that's not saying much), I did find myself losing interest in this episode. I watch this show to see SG-1 go on missions, not politicians debate the validity of the program's continued existence.

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
        That's strange. I thought I was watching Stargate and not The West Wing. I hate clip shows, and while this was better than Disclosure (I know that's not saying much), I did find myself losing interest in this episode. I watch this show to see SG-1 go on missions, not politicians debate the validity of the program's continued existence.
        This episode was only made because it was necessary to set up "Lost City." Judging it isn't fair, unless you judge "Lost City" at the same time.
        Rocky

Comment

As far as clip show go, this one was pretty good. I guess they needed an eoisode to lead up to the lost city.
          Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

I generally don't like clip shows at all, but this one surprised me. The clips seemed a lot shorter and more fluent with what was being discussed. I think it was interesting how the episode questioned just how stable SG-1 really are, and how they have got away with a lot that others would not have been able to. Good stuff, and a necessary episode even if it was boring in places.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

i like the new president but i also had respect for kinsey...now i want to flush him and his puny brain down the drain. i hated wolsey aswell but now, i actualy like what he has done. i like how he always presents himself and tries to do his job.

good episode although i do miss the sg-1 team.......
              "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                For a clips show I thought this episode was amazingly well done.

It had a great plot that drove the episode and the clips had a good reason for being shown.

It also helps to have an "all star" cast And I love that they brought in that diskette from "Chain Reaction"
                I also like how it set up Lost City...you could see the political wheels turning and what led up to Lost City and Hammond being relieved of command.

I like how Kinsey continued to prove what a power hungry idiot he truly is...and how he will NEVER get how serious the threat is. Okay, maybe after what happened to him in Season 8 he knows...

I liked Woolsey's involvement...but then again, I'm a big Robert Picardo fan anyway. And I like them showing how disconcerted he was to learn that he was playing for the wrong team and his willingness to make things right and then of course the "Chain Reaction" connection.

I liked how they matter-of-factly discussed the inner workings of SG-1, Teal'c's brainwashing (Enemies), Daniel's hosting 12 alien entities (Lifeboat) and how they alluded to the interpersonal aspect of Sam and Jack - how smuggly Kinsey made sure the others could "read between the lines."

Which leads to the laying out of all the things that they've gone though individually over the last 7 years, from Sam hosting Jolinar and being taken over by who knows how may alien entities (and that was even BEFORE Lockdown), Jack retaining the knowledge of the Ancients (and that was even BEFORE Lost City 1 & 2) and all the other things they've endured.

President Hayes said it best when he pointed out how no one could on earth could even begin to understand what they've been through. I wish Hammond or someone from SG-1 could have been there to defend themselves to the new President though...

I'll admit that I agree with Woolsey to some extent...that perhaps it would be wise to move other people to the front lines, as there's only so much the human psyche can withstand. In real life, most people with high pressure jobs don't last long or are shifted around to relieve some of the burden, and SG-1's job is about as high pressure as it gets! I don't want to see them rotated out of the front position too quick, though...I'm looking forward to Sam having a real chance to be a kick butt team leader in Season 9.
                Last edited by Uber; 14 July 2005, 09:05 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                  That's strange. I thought I was watching Stargate and not The West Wing. I watch this show to see SG-1 go on missions, not politicians debate the validity of the program's continued existence.
                  Actually I like down to earth episodes. Prefur seeing things coming through the stargate to effect things on earth, rather than watching SG-1 go away on missions

Comment

Whoo clip show,

Makes you wonder what the seaosal finale would have been if lost city was a MOVIE

Comment

this was not too focused on the SGC too much, i didnt like that but o well... for somthing completely based on other charectors, it was good...i liked the president
                      "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

Not a big fan of clip shows, but once again Stargate does it pretty good. Many series clip shows are mostly all clips, they kept it down. I mostly liked the new Pres, but by the end was a little unsure of how he would proceed. Seemed he may not be inclined to leave it completely in the current SGC's hands, even though he's not fond of Kinsey.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                          This episode was only made because it was necessary to set up "Lost City." Judging it isn't fair, unless you judge "Lost City" at the same time.
                          I hadn't thought about it like that, but you're right. So much of the interactions in Lost City are set up in Inauguration--you don't get why Hayes and Kinsey are acting like that if you don't see Inauguration. And personally, I loved watching those two actors go at it, clips or no.
                          My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                          -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                          -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                          -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Robert Picardo was excellent as the serious character instead of his funny light hearted character from Voyager which he also plays well as
                            one of the best clip shows of the entire show
                            "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Everything good or bad that I could say about this one, Nialla has on her Breadbox Edition of it. Here's
                              the link. Have fun. Cheers.

Comment

Hey what does the president mean anyways when he said "who's version of history Mr. Woosley."
                                Just my humble 18 year old conservative opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X