Inauguration (720)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    At the end of Chain Reaction Oneil stuffs a copy of the "incriminating" evidence on kinsey from his computer in his pocket, and thats the last we see of it till this ep. In this ep Woolsey goes to Hammond who gives him a copy and woolsey gives it to Hayes.
    I'd forgotten about that little time bomb myself until it rematerialised in this ep!

Interesting that it was powerful enough to get Kinsey to take the heat off Hammond and get him reinstated - but apparently not sufficient to deter him from his continuing efforts to get control of the Gate Programme.

Somehow, I doubt that he's forgotten they have it. I can only assume, then, that he has come to the assumption that they wouldn't dare risk exposing him (and his shady backers) in case they expose the entire Stargate Programme in the process. Now that would be messy.

Of course, Lord Henry of Hayes may well have the disk - but there isn't really a lot he can do about it. Well, not yet anyway...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
      I'd forgotten about that little time bomb myself until it rematerialised in this ep!

Interesting that it was powerful enough to get Kinsey to take the heat off Hammond and get him reinstated - but apparently not sufficient to deter him from his continuing efforts to get control of the Gate Programme.

Somehow, I doubt that he's forgotten they have it. I can only assume, then, that he has come to the assumption that they wouldn't dare risk exposing him (and his shady backers) in case they expose the entire Stargate Programme in the process. Now that would be messy.

Of course, Lord Henry of Hayes may well have the disk - but there isn't really a lot he can do about it. Well, not yet anyway...
      Kinsey is an arrogant SOB and wouldnt let that stop him and I love the banter between the Pres and Kinsey in Lost City.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Ooh, he is, isn't he? Not to mention a vile, backstabbing, power-hungry, social climbing, smarmy politico with not even the vaguest sense of personal integrity. Don'tcha just love him?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
          Ooh, he is, isn't he? Not to mention a vile, backstabbing, power-hungry, social climbing, smarmy politico with not even the vaguest sense of personal integrity. Don'tcha just love him?
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic View Post
            One thing I found amusing was Kinsey's entire argument consisted of "these people barely saved the world over a dozen times, and I think it had nothing to do with skill." Also, his examples of Carter and O'Neill's feelings were some of the flimsiest (and most brief) examples I've seen.
            I found Kinsey's argument that Carter and O'Neill had feelings for each other rather amusing and I got the impression that he only came up with that theory right then and there because he thought the president would be less than impressed about their 'inappropriate' feelings. Fortunately, he's argument was pretty bad. He barely convinced me and I'm a shipper.

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess View Post
            Maybe it was just my imagination, or the result of hanging around different forums/groups for too long, but, did anyone else get the sense that this ep was trying to send a message to the (so-named) anti-shippers in the online fandom?

I'm not saying I agree, or disagree with the whole Sam&Jack "issue" but I do wonder if the pro-ship PTB were using this ep to send a message....
            I also got the feeling that there was a subtle message being sent and that as Kinsey said, you just need to "read between the lines" to see their 'relationship' is there.

Originally posted by omnian View Post
            I thought this was incredible. I was amazed that an episode that doesn't feature SG-1 could be so good! I love the new President
            I've never liked clip shows, and when I realised this was one, I wasn't expecting much. However, I was very suprised that I really enjoyed this episode despite having two new faces mostly carrying the story. The new president is awesome and I'm glad to see Woolsey coming over to our side, albeit reluctantly. I didn't notice the clips too much and the plot was convincing and interesting. I have to agree with those who said it was the Best.Clip Show.Ever.
            "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
            S/J all the way!
            Big Honkin' Resolution!
            sigpic
            John/Teyla Shipper!
            SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

sg-1 are always very good at clip shows. Look at politics. that had some of the best drama of season one and one of the best jack lines of all time in my opinion.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                sg-1 are always very good at clip shows. Look at politics. that had some of the best drama of season one and one of the best jack lines of all time in my opinion.
                Which was?

Comment

One assumes it was either the one about the barbarians being at the gate...THAT one!!!

or the one about having a bake sale to run the Stargate Programme.

I personally like both of those, though the bake sale one is my favourite.
                  sigpic

Comment

Not one of my favorite flashback episodes, however, it is interesting to watch how they keep thinking up different ways to make them.
                    sigpic

Comment

Geez, I hate clip shows. They're such a rip off. I basically just skipped through most of it.

Comment

They couldn't have found a more perfect actor to be the President. The moment he showed his style of lighthearted humor & sarcasm I had a vision of a future scene with O'Neil & Pres. Hays together. OMG!! That would be a classic moment. I prayed for it til the series ended ::sigh::

Comment

I'm watching Inauguration right now, even though in general I'm not a fan of clips shows. (I agree with P-90 177 about Politics, though; it's my favorite of the clips shows.)

However, I do like to see the occasional glimpse of how the SGC is affected/affects the government and how different people see it differently. I hate Kinsey, but I love President Hays! I love that Kinsey completely underestimated him and that Hays was not only willing to give SGC personnel the benefit of the doubt but also could see what was really going on with the situation. I think that the writers accomplished what they wanted to in this episode and it was very well written!

I also like how this episode shows you that, underneath it all, Woolsey is actually a good man. This episode planted the seeds for me to like him.
                          sigpic
                          Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                          I'm a 60%er!
                          ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
                            I'm watching Inauguration right now, even though in general I'm not a fan of clips shows. (I agree with P-90 177 about Politics, though; it's my favorite of the clips shows.)

However, I do like to see the occasional glimpse of how the SGC is affected/affects the government and how different people see it differently. I hate Kinsey, but I love President Hays! I love that Kinsey completely underestimated him and that Hays was not only willing to give SGC personnel the benefit of the doubt but also could see what was really going on with the situation. I think that the writers accomplished what they wanted to in this episode and it was very well written!

I also like how this episode shows you that, underneath it all, Woolsey is actually a good man. This episode planted the seeds for me to like him.
                            /me lurves William Devane. He always does a great job. Yeah, I liked Woolsy too, at the end.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

How funny for this episode to be shown today... but a good episode anyways.

Comment

This may not be the best clip show but it does pave the way for the next episode (Lost City) for showing the underlying conflicts and history between Hayes and Kinsey.
                                sigpic
                                Sign by me

Comment

Working...
                                X