No announcement yet.

Inauguration (720)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually don't like bottom line episodes and episodes about politics. For an ep that combines both, Inauguration is a really decent one. I think I like this new president
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

It's a clip eppy what can you say? Will Kinsey just go away??? please!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
        I usually don't like bottom line episodes and episodes about politics. For an ep that combines both, Inauguration is a really decent one. I think I like this new president
        I adore the William Devane.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

One of many good recap episodes. Also the actor who plays the president is great. I actually have seen the movie where he played John F. Kennedy, whom if you notice he looks right at the statue of Kennedy at the beginning.
          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Great ep, even if I can't stand Kinsey. Political intrigue at its best.
            sigpic

Comment

Ehh, clip show. I understand they do these periodically to catch up newer viewers but c'mon we're forced to watch them over and over again as fans to catch the wrapper story

I like the casting for the Prez, and he offsets Kinsey well.

Comment

I watched this one tonight. I really liked William Devane as the President, however, the whole show was done in the Oval Office with flashback clips. It really didn't hold my interest very well.

Comment

Another recap ep. Good thing Stargate does them well. Kinsey is at his worst again.

The new president is pretty good. Wasn't sure about him at first because he didn't hate Kinsey.

Now we have Woolsey to hate.
                  sigpic

Comment

Tuesday night and another ep of SG1 ...

1. Another clip show. Annoying but given what was to come you forgave them.

2. First impression of Hayes was pretty solid.

3. Woolsey starts to switch sides, interesting.

Allright for a clip show.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

A pretty good clipshow. I always think that SG-1 always did their clipshows well (unlike other shows). Each one (except the season 2 finale) had political importance (last year had disclosing the SGC to 4 other countries, this one disclosing the SGC to the new president).

I liked how the new president hoped everyone knew it was his first day. And the fact we actually saw a president of the US for once.

Tomorrow, the end of the season and the Lost City.
                      sigpic

Comment

This one is a close second as my favourite clip show after 'Politics'.

Stargate uses clip shows really well, they drive the story onwards and are good refreshers whilst tacking the reminders onto a solid story line. This episode is a great example of that, showing us the new President and how he faces learning about the Stargate program.

William Devane is an actor I've liked watching in various things over the years, and he is just perfect as the President here. He brings a lovely down to Earth side to the man at the top, along with strength and fairness.

Kinsey the guy we all love to hate is back again with his continuing mission to discredit the SGC with Wolsey as his initially unwitting ally. I was glad to learn that Wolsey did have some integrity and acted on his belief in impartiality and fairness. Loved how he easily worked out how General Hammond would have some leverage against Kinsey. His asking for it and Hammond taking a chance on him was a satisfying moment, knowing Kinsey's days in politics would be numbered when the President acted on that information.

Comment

My LiveJournal post

A clip show with a clip of another clip show, hmm...
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

My rule about clip shows is if the story behind the clips is good. In this case it is. This episode is setting up for Lost City and it really works. While its no secret Kinsey is a snake in the grass this epiosde humanizes Woosley for me. In Heroes I thought of him as another NID scum. But this episode does a lot for Woosley in that he is a good person who stands for his beliefs. I may not agree with the guy's affliation but the way he stands up to the corruption of Kinsey speaks to the guy's ethics,. I also like Hayes. Why can't real politicians be that fair minded and unbiased when it comes to political situations.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Plus this clip show along with Disclosure also helped further the story.

Comment

Like the new president. Love knowing that Kinsey's remaining days are numbered. Woolsey's redemption begins. SG-1 and (especially) Hammond's positions are in jeopary at the same time that the search for the Lost City should kick into high gear. Pretty good for a clip show.

Comment

Working...
                                X