Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Inauguration (720)

Well they say "History's written by the winners". Hayes is just wondering who'll be writing the history books concerning the Stargate, supporters or him and SG1 or supporters of Kinsey?

As a Clip-show goes, this is the best of all clip show in 8 season of SG-1.
    IMHO it's a decent episode comparably to other episodes on any season. I like the interaction of Kinsey, Hayes & Woosley (and a bit of edgy-Hammond).
    It shows that Hayes is not as 'soft' and indifferent as we would have thought of the previous President, makes him plausible for his action in Lost City.
    And I really don't like Woosley in Heroes 2, but here he made a logical argument and respectable choice, and I kinda understand of why he'd done what he did in Heroes 2.
    Kinsey is a weasel here as always, but Hammond shows some part of him that we seldom seen.

sig.by : lilferret

It was a good episode I liked the fact that someone who is friends with Hammond is now in charge

I especially liked the flashback to disclosure:

THOR: Hello. I am Thor, Supreme Commander of the Asgard fleet.

KINSEY: Commander Thor, my name is ...

THOR: Senator Kinsey. O'Neill suggested I send you to a distant planet for your actions here but I am reasonably certain his statement was in jest.

KINSEY: I'm sure it was, Commander ...

THOR: (Putting his boney finger up) *Supreme* Commander. It is the opinion of the Asgard High Council that Stargate Command should be left in the very capable hands of General Hammond and his team. And while our continued friendship with Earth is not contingent on that, it is preferred.

I was overjoyed when Woolsey switched sides hopefully we will see a lot more of him
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have. so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Kinsey's fab. He never gives up, does he?

He may be an evil old fart, but I always admire perseverance.

He didnt seem to understand that its a good idea to show respect to the ASGARD SUPREME COMMANDER
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have. so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Inauguration (720)

I don't think he has genuine respect for anyone except for No. 1. That's Kinsey.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Given what a mess he's made of himself (even the NID doesn't like him anymore, and that's about as low as you can go), I don't think he even respects himself. He just wants power.

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDirewolf
    I think I read somewhere that that set came from some movie or other.. Have to go try and remember where I saw it.
    Looks very similar to the oval office set in X-Men 2.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Metarock Sam
    Looks very similar to the oval office set in X-Men 2.
    it is exactly the same set as the one in xmen 2 and in both the secret service where shooting at a target that wasnt really there

Arrow Re: Inauguration (720)

I actually liked this episode. It reminded me of the
    movie Thirteen Days.

Why, on the 'british SG1 mag and dvd collection' at least, why in the subtitles is maybourne called hacker and not maybourne?

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    Given what a mess he's made of himself (even the NID doesn't like him anymore, and that's about as low as you can go), I don't think he even respects himself. He just wants power.

And wealth, I suspect. Lots and lots and lots of wealth. Just to see if money really can buy happiness.

Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?

It was sort of a sequel to 'Disclosure' and I loved that one. Yeah so like always - Great Ep!!!
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by bcmilco View Post
    For a clips show I thought this episode was amazingly well done.

It had a great plot that drove the episode and the clips had a good reason for being shown.

It also helps to have an "all star" cast And I love that they brought in that diskette from "Chain Reaction"
    I loved the 'new' presidents face when he was being first briefed... "Your pulling one on me arn't you.."

BTW what chain reaction diskette??

Quote Originally Posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    President Hayes said it best when he pointed out how no one could on earth could even begin to understand what they've been through. I wish Hammond or someone from SG-1 could have been there to defend themselves to the new President though....
    Yes he did.. and i loved him telling 'kinsey' lets give them the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I loved the 'new' presidents face when he was being first briefed... "Your pulling one on me arn't you.."

BTW what chain reaction diskette??

Yes he did.. and i loved him telling 'kinsey' lets give them the benefit of the doubt.
    At the end of Chain Reaction Oneil stuffs a copy of the "incriminating" evidence on kinsey from his computer in his pocket, and thats the last we see of it till this ep. In this ep Woolsey goes to Hammond who gives him a copy and woolsey gives it to Hayes.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    At the end of Chain Reaction Oneil stuffs a copy of the "incriminating" evidence on kinsey from his computer in his pocket, and thats the last we see of it till this ep. In this ep Woolsey goes to Hammond who gives him a copy and woolsey gives it to Hayes.
    I'd forgotten about that little time bomb myself until it rematerialised in this ep!

Interesting that it was powerful enough to get Kinsey to take the heat off Hammond and get him reinstated - but apparently not sufficient to deter him from his continuing efforts to get control of the Gate Programme.

Somehow, I doubt that he's forgotten they have it. I can only assume, then, that he has come to the assumption that they wouldn't dare risk exposing him (and his shady backers) in case they expose the entire Stargate Programme in the process. Now that would be messy.

Of course, Lord Henry of Hayes may well have the disk - but there isn't really a lot he can do about it. Well, not yet anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
    I'd forgotten about that little time bomb myself until it rematerialised in this ep!

Interesting that it was powerful enough to get Kinsey to take the heat off Hammond and get him reinstated - but apparently not sufficient to deter him from his continuing efforts to get control of the Gate Programme.

Somehow, I doubt that he's forgotten they have it. I can only assume, then, that he has come to the assumption that they wouldn't dare risk exposing him (and his shady backers) in case they expose the entire Stargate Programme in the process. Now that would be messy.

Of course, Lord Henry of Hayes may well have the disk - but there isn't really a lot he can do about it. Well, not yet anyway...
    Kinsey is an arrogant SOB and wouldnt let that stop him and I love the banter between the Pres and Kinsey in Lost City.

Ooh, he is, isn't he? Not to mention a vile, backstabbing, power-hungry, social climbing, smarmy politico with not even the vaguest sense of personal integrity. Don'tcha just love him?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
    Ooh, he is, isn't he? Not to mention a vile, backstabbing, power-hungry, social climbing, smarmy politico with not even the vaguest sense of personal integrity. Don'tcha just love him?

Quote Originally Posted by Manic View Post
    One thing I found amusing was Kinsey's entire argument consisted of "these people barely saved the world over a dozen times, and I think it had nothing to do with skill." Also, his examples of Carter and O'Neill's feelings were some of the flimsiest (and most brief) examples I've seen.
    I found Kinsey's argument that Carter and O'Neill had feelings for each other rather amusing and I got the impression that he only came up with that theory right then and there because he thought the president would be less than impressed about their 'inappropriate' feelings. Fortunately, he's argument was pretty bad. He barely convinced me and I'm a shipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tok'Ra Hostess View Post
    Maybe it was just my imagination, or the result of hanging around different forums/groups for too long, but, did anyone else get the sense that this ep was trying to send a message to the (so-named) anti-shippers in the online fandom?

I'm not saying I agree, or disagree with the whole Sam&Jack "issue" but I do wonder if the pro-ship PTB were using this ep to send a message....
    I also got the feeling that there was a subtle message being sent and that as Kinsey said, you just need to "read between the lines" to see their 'relationship' is there.

Quote Originally Posted by omnian View Post
    I thought this was incredible. I was amazed that an episode that doesn't feature SG-1 could be so good! I love the new President
    I've never liked clip shows, and when I realised this was one, I wasn't expecting much. However, I was very suprised that I really enjoyed this episode despite having two new faces mostly carrying the story. The new president is awesome and I'm glad to see Woolsey coming over to our side, albeit reluctantly. I didn't notice the clips too much and the plot was convincing and interesting. I have to agree with those who said it was the Best.Clip Show.Ever.
    "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
    S/J all the way!
    Big Honkin' Resolution!

John/Teyla Shipper!
    SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast