Infantry Weaponry Design Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infantry Weaponry Design Thread

We've had starship design threads and space weaponry design threads ...

Design weapons for ground forces. This could include:
    - Projectile weapons
    - Energy weapons
    - Non-lethal weapons
    - Grenades/demolitions
    Also, feel free to discus tactics and the battlefield implementation of your designs

Feel free to be imaginative

But please: NO utterly implausable weapons!

Ooh nice thread.

Ok anyway here's my first attempt

Shoulder Launch Railgun(SLR)

Weight
    : 106 lbs.(subject to change)

Length: 62 in.

Caliber: ????(I haven't figured this out yet)

Projectile: 4 oz.(this is subject to change)

Range: Over two miles on nominal power

Powerplant: Mark IV Naquadah backpack generator

normal operational #
    :
    1x handler(carries the powerplant the gun itself and fires it)
    1x supporter(holds the ammo and loads the SLR after each firing)

What do you think, overkill or unrealistic?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
      Ooh nice thread.
      Thanks

Ok anyway here's my first attempt

<snip>
      I would make it mounted, since the recoil from a railgun would probably be a real problem otherwise (unless the operator is wearing some sort of powered armour exskeleton, which isn't a bad idea actually )

I think a portable railgun emplacement would be rather neat. It would be especially useful for defending positions and attacking enemy air support.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
        Thanks

I would make it mounted, since the recoil from a railgun would probably be a real problem otherwise (unless the operator is wearing some sort of powered armour exskeleton, which isn't a bad idea actually )

I think a portable railgun emplacement would be rather neat. It would be especially useful for defending positions and attacking enemy air support.
        I was thinking that air-support would be secondary this things primary mission would be to knock holes into advancing hordes. Like we will probably see during the Ori incursion.

the mounting idea is fine but has less mobility than a soldier carried version. The powered exoskeleton might be a good idea but I'm not sure what it would be like yet.

Comment

m249with a staff weapen attached to it

Comment

Originally posted by F302pilot777
            m249with a staff weapen attached to it
            what is an m249?

Comment

The EMRG-1000 or Advanced Objective Individual Combat Weapon (AOICW): (under development)

The OICW model of the early 21stcentury was upgraded with advanced electromagnetic propulsion technology in 2007, giving it a stopping power greater than any human handheld weapon ever built. Since renamed the EMRG-1000, standing for Electro Magnetic Rail Gun – 1000 (1000 equalling the km’s per hour that is the approximate top speed of firing, almost mach 4).
              Naquada tipped pellets are fired at almost mach 4 and destroy most surfaces or pass through them as well as force shields making this gun more powerful and deadly than any weapon previously developed for war. Each magazine carries 80 pellets and each pellet is in effect it own naquada enhanced missile, the force of the bullet colliding with a ship in low orbit or in the atmosphere is able to shudder shields or destroy the craft completely if small eg a dart or glider. Because of the destructive power of the gun, passcodes are required to activate the rail gun technology when the naquada tipped pellets are loaded, to prevent ‘accidents’ happening, similar to the genetic codes on ancient technology the EMRG-1000 reacts to a protein marker in Sg teams blood, if you dont have thje marker you cannot use the weapon.
              Other bullets can be used with the technology including the new trinium bullet, which although the destructive power is not as great is the equivalent of firing a grenade per pellet in to enemy.
              In addition to the rail gun the EMRG-1000 is also equipped with a SMG on par with the P-90 SMG’s capabilities, advanced scopes,cameras and sensors, that can be linked with ships, transmitted throguh the gate or simply relayed to a number of smaller object such as the malp of notepad computers carried by Sg team. This Gives incredible feedback to commanders, silently if need be, whilst still enhancing the effectiveness of the soldier.
              This weapon has a range of well over a kilometer, with scope that allow it to be effective far beyond the range of a conventional gun. The combination of inteligence, firepower and skill needed to opperate this gun has made it become one of the most impressive war weapons ever.

Ok thats my EMRG-1000...any thoughts. Oh and the recoin on this gun is dampened by a dampening field around the rail gun chamber....just to make that clear , and its powered by naquadah feul cells - like the staff weapons.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Acidic Grenades. That way even a Wraith that can regenerate quickly will not be able to heal itself effectively. It may be possible that overall physical capabilities may be severely compromised.

Comment

why not have a retrovirus aerosol chemical grenade. it couldnt be that difficult to make a smoke grenade in to a grenade to release the wraith retro virus right
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                    why not have a retrovirus aerosol chemical grenade. it couldnt be that difficult to make a smoke grenade in to a grenade to release the wraith retro virus right
                    Clever idea, but what would our people's reaction be when the Wraith are turned into humans?

Comment

what is an m249?
                      M249 SAW is the same weapon Sheppard uses to shot down Wraith Darts in "Rising", "Duet" and Marines used in "Siege pt.2 & 3"
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M249_SAW

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity
                        Clever idea, but what would our people's reaction be when the Wraith are turned into humans?
                        Whey there easier to kill! lets do this! personally if i was an SG team member id insist on me havign a shotgun, its the only thing with the stopping power.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

OK, here's mine:

NeuroWave Device

A weapon that, when activated, uses ultrasonic and electromagnetic waves to disrupt the nervous systems of nearby individuals, immediately rendering them unconscious, although the device can also be configured to kill outright.

The device is carried by a unit equipped with special environment suits that block the device's effects.

(inspired by the 'Hands of Blue device' from Firefly)

Gas Grenade

A small, cylindrical canister. The grenade is armed by twisting the two halves of the canister, a couple of seconds later, the halves separate to reveal a grille that starts releasing the gas (similar to the sentox canisters in 24).

An antidote, administered by injection, can provide complete immunity to the gas' effects for up to 48 hours. Troops carrying the grenade will have been injected with the antidote before embarking on the mission.

The gas produces rapid unconsciousness in personel who have not recieved the antidote within the last 48 hours, although a special variant of the gas (variant BETA) is lethal.

(remember the Genii gas from Coup d'Etat)

Used to great effect on starships

EMP Grenade

Releases an electromagnetic pulse that disables electronic systems, while leaving low-tech human projectile weapons undamaged.

Originally posted by immotep
                          Whey there easier to kill! lets do this! personally if i was an SG team member id insist on me havign a shotgun, its the only thing with the stopping power.
                          But poor at long ranges, the other team members would have to cover them if attacked from range

Maybe a sniper?

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance
                            M249 SAW is the same weapon Sheppard uses to shot down Wraith Darts in "Rising", "Duet" and Marines used in "Siege pt.2 & 3"
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M249_SAW
                            So you basically want a human designed plasma weapon?

Comment

theres no point to plasma weapons IMO, they will hinder us, Guns are our thing, the plamsa would mean us working with staff weapons as a template which would probley mean we get a staff like device which is a sacrafice of everything the gun has over the staff...rail guns and different ammo for the rail gun, which may include some kind of plasma 'shot' are the way forward.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X