Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't the ancients just make a run for it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't the ancients just make a run for it?

as it is well known the ancients left Atlantis because there knew that there couldn't beat the wraith there where to out numbered

so i was wondering if Atlantis is a city/ship and has superior shields and weapons

instead of sinking the city why didn't there just leave the Pegasus galaxy

the ancient hyperdrive is far more advanced then the wriath and proabaly could have out run the wraith and settile some where else
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

For all we know, they were down there underwater when they learned how to transcend. I imagine they had to go underwater because the Wraith were too numerous for them to evacuate safely away.

Comment

Good point, perhaps all their resources were gone from fighting, the Wraith were surronding Atlantis, perhaps there we just too many ships to fly away, so they sunk the city and ran through the gate. As for the hyperdrive, perhaps even the Ancients couldn't produce enough power to go into hyperspace without the sheilds draining all the power from the constant firing onto them.

Also, if they did that we wouldn't have a show
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

They never say if City Ships flu back or not. We already know that there are more then one. So maybe some did and the ones that didn't was the main base........ Atlantis. That is where the remainder fled through the only gate back to Earth. They never say how many came back or how long they where evacuating. I could have been years.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
          Also, if they did that we wouldn't have a show
          Probably the most important point of all.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

For me they didn't fly away one because later in the Atlantis series the episode were they find the old Weir see was in the past so wouldn't that of affected the future?

But flying away they were outnumbered and maybe did not have enough power, or knew wereever they went the Wraith would of found them.

Even the possibility of if they left and were found it would be history repeated, or they could descend to a high being and live free of the Wraith kinda.

But they exited to Earth which was safe as long as they stopped other worlds in the galaxy comming through bar Earth so pretty safe from the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie
              For all we know, they were down there underwater when they learned how to transcend. I imagine they had to go underwater because the Wraith were too numerous for them to evacuate safely away.
              Er... no? Remember "Before I Sleep"?

Originally posted by woody
              For me they didn't fly away one because later in the Atlantis series the episode were they find the old Weir see was in the past so wouldn't that of affected the future?

But flying away they were outnumbered and maybe did not have enough power, or knew wereever they went the Wraith would of found them.

Even the possibility of if they left and were found it would be history repeated, or they could descend to a high being and live free of the Wraith kinda.

But they exited to Earth which was safe as long as they stopped other worlds in the galaxy comming through bar Earth so pretty safe from the Wraith.
              Er... no? In "Before I Sleep", when Old Weir went back, they were already planning to go back and leave the city behind. Besides, no one had tampered with causality yet, so they were gonna leave it behind.

Comment

i have one question about the ancients when the acended why didnt they just obliterate the wraith (i know i know wouldnt have made for a very good show) but why didnt they?

Comment

Originally posted by exar-cun
                  i have one question about the ancients when the acended why didnt they just obliterate the wraith (i know i know wouldnt have made for a very good show) but why didnt they?
                  They decided not to intervene with lesser creatures in an attempt to not only show up the Ori, but the Wraith as well.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by exar-cun
                    Because they didn't have to worry about them anymore since the Wraith couldn't get to them, and I doubt they were into the whole "revenge for the heck of it" thing...
                    I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

By their own code, they can't interfere in coporial matters when they ascend

Maybe Atlantis can't travel all that fast because of it's size, the hive ships may have been able to keep up (why do they need to hurry, it is a full self contained city and it's where other people go)

Comment

Originally posted by carcatcher
                        By their own code, they can't interfere in coporial matters when they ascend

Maybe Atlantis can't travel all that fast because of it's size, the hive ships may have been able to keep up (why do they need to hurry, it is a full self contained city and it's where other people go)
                        On the other hand, the hive ships require rest, whereas Atlantis has three ZPMs powering her. She could have run. Also, I'm sure they could have just made more ZPMs and have them on standby when they decided to leave the planet's surface.
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I think in the first episode the hologram mentions that they hoped that one day their kind would return to Atlantis. Maybe they wanted to keep a viable base in the Pegasus galaxy in case they decided to come back. Also the engines would take up a lot of power, which might have weakened the shield. Plus it's not like they were trapped they had the Stargate, which was a much safer and less risky way to retreat.

Comment

ok thanks thats been bugging me for awhile now but if i had been one of the ancients i would have tried to comepletly destoy the wraith because they had killed so many of my people

Comment

If i was an anciant, i would have made it so only the anciants could use the stargate, this way the wraith with their slow hyperdrives would take along time traveling to atlantis, all the time while they built ships and drones and zpm etc..

Comment

Working...
                              X