No announcement yet.

Resurrection (719)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of s7 was lacking... and this is one of the reasons.

Comment

Every season has it's downpour, even ones with a great ending
      __

__

Comment

AT directed this one, right?

Comment

Apparently not "everyone" is against it.
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Good episode. Not their best bit it was fair from terrible. Despite the evil germans are Nazis cliche. Why can't we have an evil german who is no way at all connected to the nazis?
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
              I was really impressed with AT directing especially conisdering it was her first time.

But when the directors style is more interesting then most of the episode you know there are problems.
              I liked AT´s directing, as well, but as I knew she was the director I found myself focusing more on the camera angles and the way it was shot than the episode itself.

Plus, the whole vibe of the episode screamed The X-Files and not Stargate. To me, anyway.
              Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Crapest storyline ever. I don’t like to say such a small thing but it was, its one of the worst episodes in my books, not that I have books, but it was very bad.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

This was an ok ep, IMO. A little too "X-Files" for me, but not bad. The Nazi scientist was a little over the top, though.

But...

The award for stupidity goes to Daniel Jackson, for giving a woman with mental problems, who lives in a box full of paper, a naked flame! Surely she could have concentrated on the flame just as well through the glass?
                  sigpic

Comment

I just watched RESURRECTION and I think that had to go under the top 3 worst eps. I see that he wrote it and I dont think it was very good at all. Everything was all over the place, there was no real solid/exciting plot at all. Confusing ending...did Anna kill herself...she was just out to kill that German guy?? Thats not a good plot at all. Sorry Shanks...I thought Teal'cs ep was bad with all the women on that planet but his ep was much better then yours. All my opinion obviously.

BTW I love all eps...i RARLEY come across one I dont like....there are only 3 so far I didnt like, Wormhole Extreme, Nightcrawlers and now this.
                    When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
                    I miss you.
                    Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

I re-watched this last night (not much on TV on Saturdays in my house) and liked it just as much as I did the first few times around. I thought some of the directing was a little too "arty", but on the whole AT did a good job.

I'm not fond at all of NID stories, but this one wasn't as bad as some of the others. I had to wonder at the stupidity of Daniel to give Anna a candle-- she could have focused on it just fine outside of the cage--and as an obivous plot devise I thought it was rather lame.

However, I liked the over-all story. The three team-members all had something to do that matched thier talents, I didn't miss Jack, and I like Dr. Lee. I could have done without the "another man falls for Carter" schtick, though.

I would have directed the ending differently. I think it would have made a more dramatic impact to focus on Daniel and the dead Anna, rather than move the camera back to include the dead scientist. IMO, that took the emphesis off SG-1 and put it on the GC of the week.

For a first time writer, and first time director of TV, they both did good. I always figure an episode is good--for me--if I re-watch it and it still keeps my interest.

Dana Jeanne
                      Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

You clearly haven't read A Message from the Mods. You should do that. I don't know if the mods will close this thread or not, but this really could have been posted in "Resurrection's" official thread, located here.
                        Rocky

Comment

I've merged the Don't Give Shanks the Pencil thread with this Resurrection thread since that's what the topic is.

Shipperahoy
                          Gateworld Forum Moderator

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I wonder if we'll ever know what Michael's original story was, before he was asked to make it an NID story. Has he written or pitched anything in s8?

Madeleine

Comment

I liked this ep. I know it wasn't an off-world one, but who cares. Did have some continuity issues, however.

Did Anna shoot herself as well as the doctor? Daniel gets down there and lowers her to the floor, but what the heck did she die from?

Obviously, we don't have a lot of X-Files fans on this board. I enjoy the X-Files-ish storylines. Then again, I was a bit obsessed with the show.

Why did they let Daniel put a candle in there with her? That was just an accident waiting to happen. Unless that was the way to get her out of her cell, however I can think of a few other options. I'm assuming Daniel wasn't allowed in the cell with her because they were afraid the Goa'uld would emerge, but I believe he could've gotten through to her if he was inside talking with her instead of through the glass. Hell, if it was me, I'd tell Daniel whatever he wanted to know.

*shrugs shoulders* I could watch this episode again.

Comment

For some reaseon, I didn't care for this episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X