No announcement yet.

Resurrection (719)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one that wonders why they didn't hand over the research to the Tok'ra? Would be a good way to save the Tok'ra race if perfected, which knowing them would probably be likely.

The Cliches were annoying though, but then the Russian stereotypes in earlier episodes are annoying too.

Comment

I didn't care much for this episode. A quarter of the way through it, DH simply said 'boring'. Toward the end, we wondered if they just did this one on the cheap in a dark warehouse somewhere.

Comment

Once again, Daniel's stellar abilities at showing his lack of common sense is on display here, when he gives a disturbed girl in a glass cage, in which there are piles of paper ... a lit candle! I felt like slapping Daniel for his stupidity (and MS for writing him that way). Daniel has learned nothing from his 5+ years dealing with unusual situations and disturbed people if he thinks this is an okay thing to do.

And then, once she's gotten herself out of her glass cage, how does she incapacitate (apparently without weapons) Daniel and whoever else came running with fire extinguishers?

And Dr. Bad Guy. He reminded me of some evil villain out of movies from 50 years ago. He should have had a handlebar mustache and been twirling the ends of it, and laughing maniacally.

I think Amanda did quite a good job of directing this episode, with the material available to her. I don't see why she had to share her big directing debut with Michael, though. It doesn't seem quite fair.

As for MS's writing abilities, I'd give this attempt a "D".

Comment

Dear God, this is a terrible episode. It's so boring, and doesn't remotely feel like an episode of Stargate. Why on Earth was this crap made? A massive money-saving exercise? It's bad enough that the plot is dull as dishwater and ends without resolving anything, but it's also got one of the worst actors I've ever seen playing Dr. Evil Guy.

It's like they told him to deliver all his lines as if he was trying to seduce somebody in a gay bar.

In addition, the episode is so dark. I don't mean in terms of story, I mean you literally can't see much of what is happening because there are so few lights anywhere. I've always thought the stuff at the SGC is a little bit on the dark side, but this is pushing it.

RATING: 2 out of 10
          Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

In the commentary for Fallen, MS says that the Stargate series takes pride in using cliche and even direct copy in such a way that it doesn't insult the intelligence of the fans.

So what happened with Dr. Evil then? At least give him a monacle, a wheelchair and an odd twitch (or the handlebar moustache as already suggested). Then when he delivers the (by now cliched) NID line: "we have the same goal", Dr. Evil's right arm could start twitching like its going into a heil Hitler until he spasms so hard he falls out of the chair. Oh wait, that was Dr. Strangelove...

The idea of growing your own Gould seemed ingenious. Twisted for sure - but ingenious. How convenient it produced a pretty, young maiden, in a Vivian Westwood knockoff to enrapture Daniel, who then tries in vain to save... etc etc.

Couldn't she at least have had one small mutation? Perhaps a flipper in place of one hand. But unlikely Daniel would be so eager to rescue a mutant - and I'm guessing the Daniel to the Rescue was the point of this story, if there was one at all.

With nothing to lighten this up, the story line of: helpless young woman, locked in cage, tortured by twisted scientist, watching scenes of horror - left me feeling sick. Hard to believe its an SG ep.

Comment

Not a great ep at all. I agree that the ep had it's dark side but that wasn't enough to keep me interested. The sad fact is it was written by Michael as well as directed by Amanda. Sorry Michael but I think you should stick to what you do best.

I did feel sorry for the girl at the end. "You couldn't help me" Really cuts deep.
              sigpic

Comment

I differ from most SG fans on this one because I found it quite an interesting premise, if the final execution was a tad lacking....I don't think it was an awful attempt at an idea but I'd be very interested to find out exactly how much of it was finally written by Michael himself...I remember when he said something about the idea he had for Evolution - i.e. revisiting the Crystal Skull idea again - and how differently it actually turned out once the scriptwriters got to work on it...

I don't know enough about this episode (even being a BIG Daniel/MS fan *hangs head*..) to know how much of Michael's words got to the final filming, but I thought that it was "ok"...not stellar, but in no way as bad as a couple of other episodes which I refuse to ever watch again....and it brought one of the greatest outtakes ever, which shows what great friends Amanda and Michael were and how much fun they always had working together!....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...719-0254xb.jpg

Deeds xx
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Tuesday night, another ep of SG1.

1. OK...probably the dumbest excuse to leave Jack out...

2. As someone said, cliched bad guy though I still think the Nazi was possibly the lesser of two evils compared to the Goa'uld.

3. Bomb, meh

Generally. Meh
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                    1. OK...probably the dumbest excuse to leave Jack out...
                    I disagree. Better to say he's off recuperating somewhere than to try to shoehorn him in and then come up with a reason why he disappears.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Not enough action. Too many scenes which were just talk, talk, explanation, more talk.

Also, I found it very weird that Daniel was the one to undertake the analysis of the girl. Get a trained psychologist, or as been suggested, a Tok'ra to assist with this.
                      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

This episode shows, clearly, that Michael Shanks is not that good a writer. I can't say what it says about Amanda as a director, because it's hard to tell when she's working with a not very good script.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Thought it was an average episode for the 7th season.

Like how Dr. Lee tried to high five Teal'c after they disarmed the bomb.

Tomorrow, A new president and a clipshow.
                          sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

This one was 'meh', but I wouldn't call it terrible like some have though...
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Another weird episode, one I hoped with re watching, only for the second time since it first aired that I could see what the hell they were trying to achieve as far as a narrative in this episode was. Genetic manipulation again, with the cliched Dr Mengele wannabe Nazi up to no good this time! Nirti was so much better at it and a greater believable evil!!!

I just felt everyone was walking around doing their lines and happy to go home at the end of it, it lacked any sort of spark. I couldn't even feel any empathy for the Human/Goa'uld 'creation' for all her suffering.

Totally agree with the candle in the cage, what was Daniel thinking?! Just another example of how weird this episode was.

Only good thing about it was seeing Agent Barrett again and wondering why Sam didn't ditch Pete there and then and take Agent Barrett up on that dinner invitation!

Comment

Not much to say about this episode. Its not great but its not terrible either. Its clearly filler and does not leave much for entertainment. Its interesting that fusing Goa'uld DNA with human leads to a dual personality. Its completely impossible but lets just ignore it. I also liked the new version of a Goa'uld bomb just because it is something new. That was really the only thing that interested me. The whole episode made logical sense and all that but I find myself not caring. Their was nothing really new and unexpected
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X