No announcement yet.

Resurrection (719)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All i have to say is that Amanda did a great job directing this episode. i loved it when she used a great deal of oners. she gave the episode a different feel and was great
    Stargate Pants Girl
    (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
    Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Just saw the ep for the first time.
      I loved the MacGyver "Countdown" reference:

Teal’c: I am unsure which of these crystals control the detonation of this device.
      Lee: Look, blue is typically for power regulation.
      Teal’c: Indeed
      Lee: So if we remove the power regulation for the entire control board . . .
      Teal’c: The device could explode
      Lee: Yeah, yeah. I suppose. I mean its not like I was going to pull the yellow one.

For those of you who haven't seen "Countdown": MacGyver is sent in to defuse a series of bombs on a cruise ship. He figures out who planted the bombs, and when he has to make the final decision between janking out a yellow or a blue circuit breaker, he coaxes the bomber into telling which fuse he should pull. The bomber, who doesn't know he has been found out, tells MacGyver to pull the yellow one. MacGyver pulls the blue one and saves the day.

Comment

To pick this up again, as I rewatched it yesterday -

I hate cliches.

Germans are bad. Cliche
        Germans are evil. Cliche
        Germans are all Nazis. Cliche

Why is it that every time something bad happens on earth, the ******* Nazis have to be involved in some way - Guys, WW2 is over, there are no nazis anymore - if you count in the small groups of "neo-nazis", who are just stupid kids that know nothing of history and just use the "image" of the nazis to hide their "gang" - anyway, I would love to just see this cliche being broken - a German that is not evil (has happened in SGA - but of course the German scientist in SGA was a) rather tall b) blonde ...), and maybe even a German that is not in some way tied to the Nazis. Geez!
        Free Jaffa

Comment

OK, seriously, why is Doctor Lee getting shot by Anna in the security tape?

oh and also, Anna isn't a host
          Last edited by Tal'Mak_Josh; 15 August 2006, 10:19 AM.

Comment

You know, desipte the Nazi connection being a massive cliche, the ep does actually give a valid reason - the artefacts there (including the canopic jar) came under Nazi control, so that's how Keffler et al were able to get hold of it. Quite a nice explanation thrown in, I thought.

The whole bomb thing was SUCH a cliche though, and how convenient that Daniel found the right drawing just in time - that really irritated me!! The Teal'c/Lee moments were fabby though! Incedentally, what actually was the point of the whole bomb thing? Did the ever explain why the Gou'ald personality had set it? Or was it just a plot device? I don't remember.

Nice to see Agent Barret again, the NID aren't all bad!! The moment with him and Sam when he asked her out was nice =D

The whole episode seemed a bit pointless really.. And all very 'dark', and claustrophobic, I didn't really like that. AT did a nice job directing though.
            Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferhailey View Post
              I don't know why everyone hates this episode so much!
              I'm really surprised a lot of people didn't like it cause I quite enjoyed it.

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo View Post
              Although not my 'top' episodes to like, i couldn't have went w/o the scene with Dr. Lee and Teal'c when they turned off the bomb, and Dr. Lee wanted a high five, and Teal'c looked at him weird, it was funny...
              Hehehe, yeh, love the scenes with Dr. Lee and Teal'c, especially when he wants to high five him.

Originally posted by Celsius View Post
              Anyway the actual episode was full of moral and ethical dilemmas which I always love. I thought Anna was great, and the human/Goa'uld hybrid was a very interesting idea. That Keffler (sp?) guy was just a monster really, I really didn't buy his "for the good of our planet" argument at all. I was actualyl expecting a pretty light episode after Heroes, but this was impressively dramatic still, and the end was very sad.
              I thought the guy who played Keffler was very good at being evil and I also thought the ending was quite sad that Anna knew there wasn't any hope.

Originally posted by hvdeynde View Post

Teal’c: I am unsure which of these crystals control the detonation of this device.
              Lee: Yeah, yeah. I suppose. I mean its not like I was going to pull the yellow one.

For those of you who haven't seen "Countdown": MacGyver is sent in to defuse a series of bombs on a cruise ship. He figures out who planted the bombs, and when he has to make the final decision between janking out a yellow or a blue circuit breaker, he coaxes the bomber into telling which fuse he should pull. The bomber, who doesn't know he has been found out, tells MacGyver to pull the yellow one. MacGyver pulls the blue one and saves the day.
              Wow, I didn't know that, that's awesome! I love MacGyver but I don't remember that episode. I'll have to take a look at it on my Dvd's.

Overall, I thought this episode was pretty good, but I've always enjoyed the earth-based episodes so maybe that's why. I think MS did a great job writing it and AT was great at directing for the first time.
              "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
              S/J all the way!
              Big Honkin' Resolution!
              sigpic
              John/Teyla Shipper!
              SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

this episode didnt quite work for me. i think the storyline was good, but, im not too fond of all-earth episodes such as this, and when i watched it, it reminded me a lot of the x-files.
                6/10
                I am Thor, Sumpreme Commander of The Asgard Fleet.

"We can only hope that this will be the last footwear to fall.

Comment

well, well, well If u wanna sleep, this is just a good eps for it. everytime i watched this ep I fell asleep. I love Stargate, I'm addicted to Stargate, but I don't like this ep. sorry.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hvdeynde View Post

I didn't realize that! I too love MacGyver and because RDA was in both shows I soon addicted to Stargate SG1.

A less exciting episode, sometimes boring, I must admit. But if I have to choose one to cure my insomnia I would choose 'Disclosure' rather than 'Resurrection'.
                    sigpic
                    Sign by me

Comment

To sum this one up : Hint of X-Files + small helping of Alien Resurrection = average Stargate episode.

Comment

Didn't like it much, no humour and no interesting development on the storyline. I like Agent Barrett though!
                        My blog:Nuno Barreto's Blog

Comment

OK what was it?
                          Was there a point to this story?

Originally posted by bcmilco View Post
                          I was really impressed with AT directing especially conisdering it was her first time.

I liked the fact that they refered back to so many episodes I thought that was pretty interesting.

I also liked the Teal'c/Dr. Lee stuff.

But when the directors style is more interesting then most of the episode you know there are problems.
                          I second that.

And I don't think Stargate was even shown in this ep, tsk tsk!
                          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

I am not too fond of 'on Earth' episodes so this one was just ehhh for me.
                            sigpic

Comment

it was ok. I liked the line about carter not going all clarice starling on his a** lol

I liked the dr. Lee and teal'c part too

Comment

Very X-files, but the mad scientist was a bit too much. Very slimy though, and he got the nasty end he deserved.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X