No announcement yet.

Resurrection (719)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this episode. Epsecially the scene with: Barrett and Carter. When he asks her out and the light shippy music plays? Very sweet. Watching on T4 now.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

I really felt this episode was weak, I found my attention wandering at several points in the episode. The plot, I believe was good. It had potential, but I think that it was a poor X Files substitute.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

thisep has SOO many cool bits the whole Teal'c/Lee/Bomb thing rocked.

"It's not like i wasgonna pull out one of the yellow ones..."
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Hmm..I didn't realize that many people disliked this episode so much. I think that first thing that has to be said is kudos to Amanda for her directing! I'm no authority (does a recovering film major count? ) but the stuff she did with the camera and lighting was awesome.

I would love to hear what Shanks' original concept for this ep was. I would've liked to see more time spent on the building of his relationship with Anna, it would have made it much more meaningful at the end. But the Dr. Lee and Teal'c stuff was great.
          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
          Daniel: Oh! You see?
          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

i hav to say that michael shanks shud never write a stargate episode ever again because in Resurrection when they deactivate the bomb thing u can tell that he rushed it because he looks quickly in the girls room n finds the blue prints when they were no where to be found earlier.

Micheal Shanks shud stick to the acting side or things n leave story writing to Robert Cooper, Joe Mallozzi and Peter Mullie
            "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
              Did Anna shoot herself as well as the doctor? Daniel gets down there and lowers her to the floor, but what the heck did she die from?
              She didn't shoot herself. She knew there was no way anyone could help her so when she trips up Agent Barret, you see her take the remote control from him- so after she kills the bad guy, she uses it to release that biochemical thingy he put in her brain to kill her.

Comment

I loved the Lee/bomb part.
                Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

This idea has been beaten to death already with the Harsesis. The whole idea that you could clone them in one body is really a borrow from "Alien: Resurrection", but not nearly so well done (and that was one of the weaker Alien films).

Comment

I thought this was a very nice episode, espeically considering it was Amanda's first try. And I think she did great, if I hadn't known beforehand, I would probably have thought it was a regular director's job.

Anyway the actual episode was full of moral and ethical dilemmas which I always love. I thought Anna was great, and the human/Goa'uld hybrid was a very interesting idea. That Keffler (sp?) guy was just a monster really, I really didn't buy his "for the good of our planet" argument at all. I was actualyl expecting a pretty light episode after Heroes, but this was impressively dramatic still, and the end was very sad.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

^couldnt agree more
                      Hope she does more epsidoes in the future!
                      To quote O'Neill "Nice"

Comment

This was just OK. Not too fond of entire Earth episodes. It would have been much better if they could have mixed in another story taking place off-world.

Comment

I thought this episode was ok considering it was from a first time writer and a first time director.
                          At first I was annoyed O'Neill didn't appear in this episode but then I reliased what would he of done? The other team members all had something to do but there really wasn't anything for a man of action like O'Neill he would of been wasted in this episode
                          "No Buzz I AM your Father" Zurg Toy Story 2

"I'll level with you Bob My names not Kirk it's Skywalker Luke Skywalker" O'Neill 1969

Comment

Not one of my favorite eps. Now I get that Amanda had her hands full with directing and she did a stellar job...but the story itself was just lacking so much. And of course the "no Jack" thing put a dent in it too.

First off, the actress who played Anna was just...ok.

Secondly, the script completely disregarded Sam's connection with Anna. Think of how she could have worked with her and talked to her and shared her experiences of being a host. Missed opportunity.

Thirdly, I think Shanks wrote Daniel doing way too much. The bomb thing was cliche of course...and the ending with Daniel rushing in, dropping off the solution so he could leave and find Anna was rushed and suspenseless...I mean, was anyone really concerned that the bomb would go off and kill three of the main stars and everyone else in the city? Of course not.

But perhaps it would have been more exciting if, let's say, they could have moved the bomb and it was on a chopper with some a bunch of unknown people and Dr. Lee...with Daniel helping Lee diffuse the bomb from over a radio or something...that way there would have been some sense of urgency and tension because the bomb "could have" gone off.

And what if Anna had really hurt Barrett (not mortally but seriously). And what if while Daniel was helping Dr. Lee, Teal'c and Sam were the ones who found Anna and the body of the mad doctor...and what if Sam tried to talk her down and Anna pushed the button while they were talking...

All of the above could have added dramatically to the depth of the story I think.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i thought that shanks did a good jobn on writing while Amanda did a superb job on directing and you know what i think that i will watch it tonight with my box set of season seven.

Comment

I think MS thinks too much when he write this and probably has to cut down several pages time-wise. Amanda did OK for first time directing, but she use 'too much' shooting-techniques for an hour TV series. It was different than other SG-1 episodes but then it also make it NOT an SG-1 episode, more X-File than SG-1.
                                Overall it's a so-so episode, not the worst but rank at the lower end of S-7.
                                sigpic
                                sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Working...
                                X