Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Resurrection (719)

This was just OK. Not too fond of entire Earth episodes. It would have been much better if they could have mixed in another story taking place off-world.

I thought this episode was ok considering it was from a first time writer and a first time director.
    At first I was annoyed O'Neill didn't appear in this episode but then I reliased what would he of done? The other team members all had something to do but there really wasn't anything for a man of action like O'Neill he would of been wasted in this episode
    "No Buzz I AM your Father" Zurg Toy Story 2

"I'll level with you Bob My names not Kirk it's Skywalker Luke Skywalker" O'Neill 1969

Re: Resurrection (719)

Not one of my favorite eps. Now I get that Amanda had her hands full with directing and she did a stellar job...but the story itself was just lacking so much. And of course the "no Jack" thing put a dent in it too.

First off, the actress who played Anna was just...ok.

Secondly, the script completely disregarded Sam's connection with Anna. Think of how she could have worked with her and talked to her and shared her experiences of being a host. Missed opportunity.

Thirdly, I think Shanks wrote Daniel doing way too much. The bomb thing was cliche of course...and the ending with Daniel rushing in, dropping off the solution so he could leave and find Anna was rushed and suspenseless...I mean, was anyone really concerned that the bomb would go off and kill three of the main stars and everyone else in the city? Of course not.

But perhaps it would have been more exciting if, let's say, they could have moved the bomb and it was on a chopper with some a bunch of unknown people and Dr. Lee...with Daniel helping Lee diffuse the bomb from over a radio or something...that way there would have been some sense of urgency and tension because the bomb "could have" gone off.

And what if Anna had really hurt Barrett (not mortally but seriously). And what if while Daniel was helping Dr. Lee, Teal'c and Sam were the ones who found Anna and the body of the mad doctor...and what if Sam tried to talk her down and Anna pushed the button while they were talking...

All of the above could have added dramatically to the depth of the story I think.

http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...ans/ateyes.jpg
    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...ejay_angel.jpg

Default Re: Woahhh, Dont give Shanks the Pencil again (Season 7 Spoilers)

i thought that shanks did a good jobn on writing while Amanda did a superb job on directing and you know what i think that i will watch it tonight with my box set of season seven.

Default Re: Woahhh, Dont give Shanks the Pencil again (Season 7 Spoilers)

I think MS thinks too much when he write this and probably has to cut down several pages time-wise. Amanda did OK for first time directing, but she use 'too much' shooting-techniques for an hour TV series. It was different than other SG-1 episodes but then it also make it NOT an SG-1 episode, more X-File than SG-1.
    Overall it's a so-so episode, not the worst but rank at the lower end of S-7.

sig.by : lilferret

Earth Symbol Re: Resurrection (719)

All i have to say is that Amanda did a great job directing this episode. i loved it when she used a great deal of oners. she gave the episode a different feel and was great
    Stargate Pants Girl
    (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
    Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Just saw the ep for the first time.
    I loved the MacGyver "Countdown" reference:

Tealíc: I am unsure which of these crystals control the detonation of this device.
    Lee: Look, blue is typically for power regulation.
    Tealíc: Indeed
    Lee: So if we remove the power regulation for the entire control board . . .
    Tealíc: The device could explode
    Lee: Yeah, yeah. I suppose. I mean its not like I was going to pull the yellow one.

For those of you who haven't seen "Countdown": MacGyver is sent in to defuse a series of bombs on a cruise ship. He figures out who planted the bombs, and when he has to make the final decision between janking out a yellow or a blue circuit breaker, he coaxes the bomber into telling which fuse he should pull. The bomber, who doesn't know he has been found out, tells MacGyver to pull the yellow one. MacGyver pulls the blue one and saves the day.

To pick this up again, as I rewatched it yesterday -

I hate cliches.

Germans are bad. Cliche
    Germans are evil. Cliche
    Germans are all Nazis. Cliche

Why is it that every time something bad happens on earth, the ******* Nazis have to be involved in some way - Guys, WW2 is over, there are no nazis anymore - if you count in the small groups of "neo-nazis", who are just stupid kids that know nothing of history and just use the "image" of the nazis to hide their "gang" - anyway, I would love to just see this cliche being broken - a German that is not evil (has happened in SGA - but of course the German scientist in SGA was a) rather tall b) blonde ...), and maybe even a German that is not in some way tied to the Nazis. Geez!
    Free Jaffa

OK, seriously, why is Doctor Lee getting shot by Anna in the security tape?

oh and also, Anna isn't a host
    Last edited by Tal'Mak_Josh; August 15th, 2006 at 11:19 AM.

Chief Master Sergeant OrangeShipper's Avatar

You know, desipte the Nazi connection being a massive cliche, the ep does actually give a valid reason - the artefacts there (including the canopic jar) came under Nazi control, so that's how Keffler et al were able to get hold of it. Quite a nice explanation thrown in, I thought.

The whole bomb thing was SUCH a cliche though, and how convenient that Daniel found the right drawing just in time - that really irritated me!! The Teal'c/Lee moments were fabby though! Incedentally, what actually was the point of the whole bomb thing? Did the ever explain why the Gou'ald personality had set it? Or was it just a plot device? I don't remember.

Nice to see Agent Barret again, the NID aren't all bad!! The moment with him and Sam when he asked her out was nice =D

The whole episode seemed a bit pointless really.. And all very 'dark', and claustrophobic, I didn't really like that. AT did a nice job directing though.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...ngeShipper.jpg Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferhailey View Post
    I don't know why everyone hates this episode so much!
    I'm really surprised a lot of people didn't like it cause I quite enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwe Singollo View Post
    Although not my 'top' episodes to like, i couldn't have went w/o the scene with Dr. Lee and Teal'c when they turned off the bomb, and Dr. Lee wanted a high five, and Teal'c looked at him weird, it was funny...
    Hehehe, yeh, love the scenes with Dr. Lee and Teal'c, especially when he wants to high five him.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    Anyway the actual episode was full of moral and ethical dilemmas which I always love. I thought Anna was great, and the human/Goa'uld hybrid was a very interesting idea. That Keffler (sp?) guy was just a monster really, I really didn't buy his "for the good of our planet" argument at all. I was actualyl expecting a pretty light episode after Heroes, but this was impressively dramatic still, and the end was very sad.
    I thought the guy who played Keffler was very good at being evil and I also thought the ending was quite sad that Anna knew there wasn't any hope.

Quote Originally Posted by hvdeynde View Post

Tealíc: I am unsure which of these crystals control the detonation of this device.
    Lee: Yeah, yeah. I suppose. I mean its not like I was going to pull the yellow one.

For those of you who haven't seen "Countdown": MacGyver is sent in to defuse a series of bombs on a cruise ship. He figures out who planted the bombs, and when he has to make the final decision between janking out a yellow or a blue circuit breaker, he coaxes the bomber into telling which fuse he should pull. The bomber, who doesn't know he has been found out, tells MacGyver to pull the yellow one. MacGyver pulls the blue one and saves the day.
    Wow, I didn't know that, that's awesome! I love MacGyver but I don't remember that episode. I'll have to take a look at it on my Dvd's.

Overall, I thought this episode was pretty good, but I've always enjoyed the earth-based episodes so maybe that's why. I think MS did a great job writing it and AT was great at directing for the first time.
    "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
    S/J all the way!
    Big Honkin' Resolution!

John/Teyla Shipper!
    SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

this episode didnt quite work for me. i think the storyline was good, but, im not too fond of all-earth episodes such as this, and when i watched it, it reminded me a lot of the x-files.
    6/10
    I am Thor, Sumpreme Commander of The Asgard Fleet.
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...uy213/Thor.jpg
    "We can only hope that this will be the last footwear to fall.

well, well, well If u wanna sleep, this is just a good eps for it. everytime i watched this ep I fell asleep. I love Stargate, I'm addicted to Stargate, but I don't like this ep. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by hvdeynde View Post

I didn't realize that! I too love MacGyver and because RDA was in both shows I soon addicted to Stargate SG1.

A less exciting episode, sometimes boring, I must admit. But if I have to choose one to cure my insomnia I would choose 'Disclosure' rather than 'Resurrection'.

To sum this one up : Hint of X-Files + small helping of Alien Resurrection = average Stargate episode.

Didn't like it much, no humour and no interesting development on the storyline. I like Agent Barrett though!

OK what was it?
    Was there a point to this story?

Quote Originally Posted by bcmilco View Post
    I was really impressed with AT directing especially conisdering it was her first time.

I liked the fact that they refered back to so many episodes I thought that was pretty interesting.

I also liked the Teal'c/Dr. Lee stuff.

But when the directors style is more interesting then most of the episode you know there are problems.
    I second that.

And I don't think Stargate was even shown in this ep, tsk tsk!
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

I am not too fond of 'on Earth' episodes so this one was just ehhh for me.

Chief Master Sergeant

it was ok. I liked the line about carter not going all clarice starling on his a** lol

I liked the dr. Lee and teal'c part too

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Very X-files, but the mad scientist was a bit too much. Very slimy though, and he got the nasty end he deserved.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast