Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Resurrection (719)

Quote Originally Posted by bcmilco
    I was really impressed with AT directing especially conisdering it was her first time.

But when the directors style is more interesting then most of the episode you know there are problems.
    I liked AT´s directing, as well, but as I knew she was the director I found myself focusing more on the camera angles and the way it was shot than the episode itself.

Plus, the whole vibe of the episode screamed The X-Files and not Stargate. To me, anyway.

Crapest storyline ever. I don’t like to say such a small thing but it was, its one of the worst episodes in my books, not that I have books, but it was very bad.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

This was an ok ep, IMO. A little too "X-Files" for me, but not bad. The Nazi scientist was a little over the top, though.

But...

The award for stupidity goes to Daniel Jackson, for giving a woman with mental problems, who lives in a box full of paper, a naked flame! Surely she could have concentrated on the flame just as well through the glass?
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

Second Lieutenant

Default Woahhh, Dont give Shanks the Pencil again (Season 7 Spoilers)

I just watched RESURRECTION and I think that had to go under the top 3 worst eps. I see that he wrote it and I dont think it was very good at all. Everything was all over the place, there was no real solid/exciting plot at all. Confusing ending...did Anna kill herself...she was just out to kill that German guy?? Thats not a good plot at all. Sorry Shanks...I thought Teal'cs ep was bad with all the women on that planet but his ep was much better then yours. All my opinion obviously.

BTW I love all eps...i RARLEY come across one I dont like....there are only 3 so far I didnt like, Wormhole Extreme, Nightcrawlers and now this.
    When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
    I miss you.
    Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

I re-watched this last night (not much on TV on Saturdays in my house) and liked it just as much as I did the first few times around. I thought some of the directing was a little too "arty", but on the whole AT did a good job.

I'm not fond at all of NID stories, but this one wasn't as bad as some of the others. I had to wonder at the stupidity of Daniel to give Anna a candle-- she could have focused on it just fine outside of the cage--and as an obivous plot devise I thought it was rather lame.

However, I liked the over-all story. The three team-members all had something to do that matched thier talents, I didn't miss Jack, and I like Dr. Lee. I could have done without the "another man falls for Carter" schtick, though.

I would have directed the ending differently. I think it would have made a more dramatic impact to focus on Daniel and the dead Anna, rather than move the camera back to include the dead scientist. IMO, that took the emphesis off SG-1 and put it on the GC of the week.

For a first time writer, and first time director of TV, they both did good. I always figure an episode is good--for me--if I re-watch it and it still keeps my interest.

Dana Jeanne

Default Re: Woahhh, Dont give Shanks the Pencil again (Season 7 Spoilers)

You clearly haven't read A Message from the Mods. You should do that. I don't know if the mods will close this thread or not, but this really could have been posted in "Resurrection's" official thread, located here.

Intergalactic Hussy
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    I don't know but the view sure looks nice

I've merged the Don't Give Shanks the Pencil thread with this Resurrection thread since that's what the topic is.

Shipperahoy
    Gateworld Forum Moderator

I wonder if we'll ever know what Michael's original story was, before he was asked to make it an NID story. Has he written or pitched anything in s8?

Madeleine

I liked this ep. I know it wasn't an off-world one, but who cares. Did have some continuity issues, however.

Did Anna shoot herself as well as the doctor? Daniel gets down there and lowers her to the floor, but what the heck did she die from?

Obviously, we don't have a lot of X-Files fans on this board. I enjoy the X-Files-ish storylines. Then again, I was a bit obsessed with the show.

Why did they let Daniel put a candle in there with her? That was just an accident waiting to happen. Unless that was the way to get her out of her cell, however I can think of a few other options. I'm assuming Daniel wasn't allowed in the cell with her because they were afraid the Goa'uld would emerge, but I believe he could've gotten through to her if he was inside talking with her instead of through the glass. Hell, if it was me, I'd tell Daniel whatever he wanted to know.

*shrugs shoulders* I could watch this episode again.

For some reaseon, I didn't care for this episode.

I like this episode. Epsecially the scene with: Barrett and Carter. When he asks her out and the light shippy music plays? Very sweet. Watching on T4 now.

Banner By JME2

I really felt this episode was weak, I found my attention wandering at several points in the episode. The plot, I believe was good. It had potential, but I think that it was a poor X Files substitute.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

thisep has SOO many cool bits the whole Teal'c/Lee/Bomb thing rocked.

"It's not like i wasgonna pull out one of the yellow ones..."

Banner By JME2

First Lieutenant Hex.FTB.enabled's Avatar

Hmm..I didn't realize that many people disliked this episode so much. I think that first thing that has to be said is kudos to Amanda for her directing! I'm no authority (does a recovering film major count? ) but the stuff she did with the camera and lighting was awesome.

I would love to hear what Shanks' original concept for this ep was. I would've liked to see more time spent on the building of his relationship with Anna, it would have made it much more meaningful at the end. But the Dr. Lee and Teal'c stuff was great.
    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
    Daniel: Oh! You see?
    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

http://img102.echo.cx/img102/2473/kodama29vo7sm.gif http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ner2_copy6.jpg

Second Lieutenant Commander Aegir's Avatar

i hav to say that michael shanks shud never write a stargate episode ever again because in Resurrection when they deactivate the bomb thing u can tell that he rushed it because he looks quickly in the girls room n finds the blue prints when they were no where to be found earlier.

Micheal Shanks shud stick to the acting side or things n leave story writing to Robert Cooper, Joe Mallozzi and Peter Mullie

Quote Originally Posted by LMichelle
    Did Anna shoot herself as well as the doctor? Daniel gets down there and lowers her to the floor, but what the heck did she die from?
    She didn't shoot herself. She knew there was no way anyone could help her so when she trips up Agent Barret, you see her take the remote control from him- so after she kills the bad guy, she uses it to release that biochemical thingy he put in her brain to kill her.

Zat Re: Resurrection (719)

I loved the Lee/bomb part.
    Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

This idea has been beaten to death already with the Harsesis. The whole idea that you could clone them in one body is really a borrow from "Alien: Resurrection", but not nearly so well done (and that was one of the weaker Alien films).

I thought this was a very nice episode, espeically considering it was Amanda's first try. And I think she did great, if I hadn't known beforehand, I would probably have thought it was a regular director's job.

Anyway the actual episode was full of moral and ethical dilemmas which I always love. I thought Anna was great, and the human/Goa'uld hybrid was a very interesting idea. That Keffler (sp?) guy was just a monster really, I really didn't buy his "for the good of our planet" argument at all. I was actualyl expecting a pretty light episode after Heroes, but this was impressively dramatic still, and the end was very sad.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

^couldnt agree more
    Hope she does more epsidoes in the future!
    To quote O'Neill "Nice"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast