Clear All

Uprising (220)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "Uprising"

"Uprising"
    Ep: 2.20
    Release Date: May 18th 2006
    Written by Alex Rubit & Joe Hodkiss

Elin surprisingly approaches Horizon with a request for help with a plan that could very well end the Aschen civil war, and bring about a new era for the Aschen Confederation.
    Outstanding
    20.00%
    Good
    40.00%
    Fair
    20.00%
    Poor
    20.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

As most of you probably know, due to a technical delay we're currently releasing the episodes through the temporary links. However, in a way that's good for you, because as I'm putting them up myself they'll be up early - as in right now. It's either that, or pretty late tonight, and I think earlier rather than later is probably what we'd all prefer.

So, with all the rumors going around about the fate of the Valiant in this episode (and it is nothing but rumors at this point), the episode itself should give some insight into that.

You can download "Uprising" by clicking on this link.

Enjoy. And as usual feel free to post your comments and discussions of the episode in this thread.

Comment

Bad Ass!

Comment

They let him walk through the sodding gate!!!!!!!!! They let him walk through the sodding gate!!!!!!! Have they learnt nothing from SG-1 and Atlantis!!!!!!!!!

anyway, now I've got that off my chest I might go and read the rest.....
        Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Again, since I didn't make much contribution to this episode in general, I'll post some thoughts about it. I know there's no need to post spoiler tags here, but I'll warn you that this post is spoiler ridden since the episode only premiered recently.

I didn't really like the Aschen arc (or episode, as it was only one at the time) after reading "Rise of the Aschen." It wasn't until "Glory of Bre'nok," when the Elin character started questioning his decisions, that the story started to intrigue me.

It seemed like the story would be forgotten for some time, but it was decided early on that we would need an "Aschen 3" to tie up some loose ends.

While the Aschen arc now has the potential to expand later on down the line (or maybe they'll never be heard from again, leaving us to ponder their fate), it would seem the Elin/Seeta arc has obviously concluded. For a while it seemed as though we would only kill one of them. Elin was the preferred choice, since Sivok had already been swayed from his old ways and we didn't want a repeat of his character. Eventually, it was decided that Seeta's story had ended as well.

I find it interesting and intriguing that roles were reversed in the end. I guess I'm into that tragic stuff, but I liked the idea that Seeta fought much of her life against the federation only to die while in favor of it. And Elin died having finally picked the right side.

We didn't want to go overboard killing Mollem, Seeta, and Elin in one act, but we felt that the story was over. The Aschen seem victorious, and Elin and Seeta lived to see their cause through.

Should the Aschen arc ever continue, at least we'll still probably as Tellus as a familiar face.
          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
          Stargate Destiny, Fan
          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I have to say, considering that this episode was released so early, I was expecting some more comments by now.

Speak up, people. After all, we work our creative behinds off to bring you all these episodes on time. Least you can do is talk about them a little.

Comment

Don't worry, I have plenty to say. However, I just don't have the time to say it, right now anyway. In less than 15 minutes, I'll be on my way to a plane to New York to be there for my cousin's confirmation, and I'll be there the whole weekend. I won't have internet access, or not very much, at best. When I get back, I have to do studying and such. However, on monday, I'll be writing reviews for both episodes that were recently released, as I wont have anything else to distract me from it (school ends for me on tuesday!).

Comment

Well I went into this thinking "give it a chance". By the end I still hate the Aschen and am somewhat glad their part in Horizon is done. But in the end, I rather liked Elin as a character. I really enjoyed the way the episode was playing out with flashes back to the past etc. It was well written too, it's just a shame the story didn't quite grab me. But I can't decide Good or Fair...Everything about it was good, apart from the fact it was Aschen based.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I felt the same way about "Glory of Bre'nok," actually. I still wasn't too interested in the Aschen arc, but I started to grow fonder of the individual characters, namely Elin. I did enjoy this one as an Aschen episode much more than the other two (especially "Rise"). Shame you can't really connect with these episode, but we do have the final four coming up which I do hope you'll like.
                  Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                  Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                  Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                  Stargate Destiny, Fan
                  Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

One thing I saw coming, was Seeta not being dead - But it was interesting how her brainwashed. What I did like was you didn't have her change alligance, it would have been to...easy.

I don't know why but I really don't like Horizon episodes which feature old enemies somehow. I'm planning on re-reading Unseen sometime today, just to see if my opinion would have changed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, I can't say that I don't like the Aschen. I'm not sure what they did that you hate them so much, EAG. Aside from being bad guys of course.

Anyway. The Aschen civil war might be over, but I think it will be interesting to see what will become of the Aschen in the long run. In fact, theoretically we could even see them again, and they could be potential new allies. But nothing is for sure yet.

I am pretty sure we won't be seeing Elin, Seeta or Mollem again.

Comment

I just hate them. They're my Salea. I hate the way most of them act and don't find them interesting.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                          Don't worry, I have plenty to say. However, I just don't have the time to say it, right now anyway. In less than 15 minutes, I'll be on my way to a plane to New York to be there for my cousin's confirmation, and I'll be there the whole weekend. I won't have internet access, or not very much, at best. When I get back, I have to do studying and such. However, on monday, I'll be writing reviews for both episodes that were recently released, as I wont have anything else to distract me from it (school ends for me on tuesday!).
                          It's tuesday now And your family is christian?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                            It's tuesday now And your family is christian?
                            Yes, I am lazy. No, my family isn't Christian, but me uncle married someone who was, and their son wound up taking his mother's religion. It was his confirmation I went to.

Comment

I did'nt really get into the first 2 act but after that I started to really enjoy the ep. Love the twist with Seeta.

Though the Ashen are bad guy's I still found them weak. If you do bring them back please make them really really bad.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X