This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing Time / Order

So how many hours of Stargate SG-1 are there? How many days of a marathon would it be, assuming you get 8h of sleep each night and kill say 3h in breaks?

Also, does anyone recommend watching the show in an order other than Season 1 to 8?

Got a set off ebay like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-SG1-SG-...QQcmdZViewItem , and watching them all seems like a daunting task now!

Well, I don't know about a marathon or total hours of Stargate, but watching a few episode a day (starting with the movie, then Season 1, then 2, etc.) it took me about seven months to slowly work my way through everything. When I came to Season 8, I would watch a few episodes of that season, and then a few of Atlantis Season 1 so that I kept them somewhat paced with each other.

I really don't see any other possible way to watch Stargate other than in order, but that's just me!

Good luck!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Personally I'm watching them one each weekday (in syndication) and I've been doing so since November-ish I think and I'm nearly done season six so it takes a long time.

And it is most definatly worth watching in order otherwise it gets real confusing. For me anyway. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by GateDestroyer
        So how many hours of Stargate SG-1 are there? How many days of a marathon would it be, assuming you get 8h of sleep each night and kill say 3h in breaks?

Also, does anyone recommend watching the show in an order other than Season 1 to 8?
        The only marathon I ever had was for Farscape (S1 through S4 and Miniseries) from mid-November to mid-January. That was almost the fastest possible when you have school, chores and family, and it had the entire Christmas break in between!

On a mathematical level with your given conditions, you'd have about 7308 minutes to watch (if you skip all the opening/closing titles of S1-S8). That's almost 122 hours straight. With a 13-hour day (when you're not sleeping or doing other things), that would be 9.5 days. But you'd never make it. Even Ben Browder's 14 days to watch all episodes sounds almost unbelievable.

Watch the seasons in the normal order. In maybe the first three/four seasons, the actual order of the episodes hardly ever matters, but after that the season story arcs get more important/complicated, so I'd recommend you to stick to the correct order then.
        No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
        (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

When I put my mind to it and marathon TV shows (and I did this a lot when I was procrastinating on my thesis) I usually go through a season in about three days. I'm not sure how many hours I took in breaks or sleeping (I usually only sleep 6 hours a night but I did go out for activities each day), but I know I once made it through three seasons of one show in a week. Normally I only manage about two to two and a half.

Fair warning - sometimes marathoning a show like that can make the episodes blur together in your mind or make you forget details. Now, some might argue that this is a good thing for certain episodes, but if you want to really retain it all, you might want to keep it at no more than two discs a day. Better yet, it's probably better for your eyes, brain, and physical well being to just keep it to one a day. (And yet, I have a stack of six DVDs from the library that are calling my name right now...)
          ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
          The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Length: 40mins

Ep per Seasons: 22 (1-7) & 20 (8-9)

40*22=880*7=6160
            40*20=800*2=1600
            6160+1600=7760mins = 129hrs 20mins

Day Time: 13hrs

129.33/13 = 9.94... 9days 1hrs 25mins...

Please Correct me if it's wrong, Time isn't in Metric sadly...

Comment

I've done that before...

I was able to get about 4-5 episodes in a night with a day off here and there. It took me about 2 months to get through all 8 seasons and the first of atlantis.

I did this to refresh my memory of the show before seasons 9 and 2 started.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                Length: 40mins

Ep per Seasons: 22 (1-7) & 20 (8-9)

40*22=880*7=6160
                40*20=800*2=1600
                6160+1600=7760mins = 129hrs 20mins

Day Time: 13hrs

Please Correct me if it's wrong, Time isn't in Metric sadly...
                Nice job Prophet. Until I saw your post I was going with each episode as an hour.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

don't forget bathroom breaks.

Comment

9 days of solid watching, that's not too bad, that's what, 20 eps a day?

That ebay auction is going cheap, wish my set was so cheap!

So everyone thinks watchin in order is the best way to go?

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                      On a mathematical level with your given conditions, you'd have about 7308 minutes to watch (if you skip all the opening/closing titles of S1-S8). That's almost 122 hours straight. With a 13-hour day (when you're not sleeping or doing other things), that would be 9.5 days. But you'd never make it. Even Ben Browder's 14 days to watch all episodes sounds almost unbelievable.
                      Ben Browder claims to have watched the entire series in fourteen days?

Comment

When I get my next vacation, I'll have to give this a good whirl.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                          From http://www.gateworld.net/articles/in...rowder01.shtml:
                          BB: Well I had to hunt around, but I'm lacking Season Eight because they're not really available. But I've been badgering people to get me Season Eight. Of the last two weeks I've watched 130 hours of Stargate.
                          Originally posted by The Prophet
                          9.94 days are more like 9 days and 23 hours. So almost 10 days for S1-S9, but S9 isn't out yet on DVD, so unless you tapped it...
                          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                            9.94 days are more like 9 days and 23 hours. So almost 10 days for S1-S9, but S9 isn't out yet on DVD, so unless you tapped it...
                            Ahh, yes... My Matmatical Skills must have left me for a moment... How did I get 1hr 25mins from 0.94? That's freaky...

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                              It can be done, it is not easy as your butt tends to go numb but that is when you kick everyone else off the sofa and lay down .
                              Best feature they put of the disks is that when an episode ends and the credits have started if you hit the Fast Forward button on your remote the next episode starts right away, no pressing buttons and going through menus to get to the next episode.
                              Filetta

Comment

Working...
                              X