Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Stargate Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    HEROES, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 718

SG-1 is called into action while a film crew is documenting the Stargate program, but the S.G.C. comes under investigation after the mission goes terribly wrong. (Part 2 of 2)

Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by Darren; January 24th, 2007 at 07:49 PM.

Airman

Default Re: Heroes, Part 2 (718)

As SG-1's resident linguist/archeologist, Daniel wasn't needed on the rescue mission. As a seasoned veteran of offworld combat situations, he was needed. But he didn't act in that capacity. While he should have had his eyes up and scanning the area for threats, he was busy playing medic and filming.

So...was he responsible for Dr Frasier's death?

Re: Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Quote Originally Posted by dorien
    As SG-1's resident linguist/archeologist, Daniel wasn't needed on the rescue mission. As a seasoned veteran of offworld combat situations, he was needed. But he didn't act in that capacity. While he should have had his eyes up and scanning the area for threats, he was busy playing medic and filming.

no the only person responsible for frasiers death is the jaffa that shot her. daniel was helping fraiser and trying to keep the soldier calm and film his message to his wife like he asked, there was several other soldiers around gaurding them and they are trained in combat, yes dainel has become an experienced combat person but when there are personel around better trained in it then him its only natural that he deffer to them and do what he can to help elsewhere

Thumbs up Re: Heroes, Part 2 (718)

SPOILER SPACE (just in case)
    I saw it, and it brought tears to my eyes. I don't know which was sadder. That tape footage of Janet getting shot, and the sound of Daniel crying was just devestating. That's what started it for me. After that, there was just almost no end to my weeping. When Sam was crying in her lab preparing the eulogy for Janet, I was crying too. I thought it was touching when Teal'c came into the Sam's lab to help her with the eulogy. That was such nice moment. Then, I felt so bad for Daniel when he was in the ICU, and it looked like he was crying. Then, he started talking about how he died/ascended in that room, and Janet wouldn't leave his side. That made me tear up too.

Oh.....and then the memorial service.....that's when flood gates opened, and I was just teary mess. The memorial service was just so beautifully done. Sam gave a very nice eulogy which I'm sure was partly from Teal'c. Then, that documentary that Bregman put together was done very well, and was really impressed.

I'll miss Janet. I know she's just a fictional character, but she one those characters you can get really attached to. It's like I really got to know her like a friend.

Also, I can't help but think that this episode is sort of like a tribute to all those real people who serve in the armed forces (of any nation) whom have made great sacrifices to fight for what is right.
    Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

A pretty interesting episode. . Although with all the misdirection in it I'm not quite sure what actually happened.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

That guy who was crying like a little baby that Daniel was video tapping killed Dr.Frasier. If it wasn't for his winning like a little B**** she wouldn't be dead because Daniel would have been on the lookout

This wasn't one of the best episodes...but it was OK.

Chief Master Sergeant USS Thunderchild's Avatar

I really loved this episode, but unfortunately, since I'd seen so little of Dr. Frasier in season 7, her death really wasn't all that impactful. The battle sequence towards the start of this episode is my favorite in SG-1 to date though. I thought it was much more realistic than most in SG-1, and finally we had a crapload troops backing SG-1 up. I loved the shot of the bombers flying over the collapsed Jack.

Phil
    Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
    Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

It was a good episode, very interesting how they made it look like it could have been Jack that died. One thing that I didn't like about it was that Dr. Frasier wasn't really in the episode much. I think since this was her last one, they should have used her bit more, not only this episode but the whole season. There are actually a lot of characters that I missed this season - Major Davis, Thor, Maybourne-how is he doing with the Tok'ra these days?
    "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Of course not, the Jaffa who shot her is responsible.

Banner By JME2

Quote Originally Posted by TheScorpionsSting
    That guy who was crying like a little baby that Daniel was video tapping killed Dr.Frasier. If it wasn't for his winning like a little B**** she wouldn't be dead because Daniel would have been on the lookout

theres no quarennte Daniel "keeping a look-out" would have changed anything at all. I think if you've been shot in the back and are dying slowly and painfully I think you've got a right to be a bit upset.

Banner By JME2

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazedwraith
    theres no quarennte Daniel "keeping a look-out" would have changed anything at all. I think if you've been shot in the back and are dying slowly and painfully I think you've got a right to be a bit upset.
    Same here, i felt the same anger when that crying dude was 'crying'... I was pretty mad at him!

Airman

Quote Originally Posted by spg_1983
    yes dainel has become an experienced combat person but when there are personel around better trained in it then him its only natural that he deffer to them and do what he can to help elsewhere
    So if Daniel was deferring to soldiers with better combat training, why wasn't he deferring to the trained medics as well? For that matter, why then was he even on this mission?

Chief Master Sergeant Gaterelle's Avatar
    The Land of IKEA, Absolut Vodka and Salt Licorice

I can't understand how they could let this wonderful actress go just to prove a point...
    Gaterelle

Chief Master Sergeant Gaterelle's Avatar
    The Land of IKEA, Absolut Vodka and Salt Licorice

Why would Daniel be responsible for her death? He's not the one who shot her!
    Gaterelle

It wasn't Daniel's fault at all, maybe he was helping as a medic and filming at the sametime, but i think it was the job of the surrounding soilders to protect the perimeter of the area, but i don't know, but i did listen to about the same time Daniel was yelling for a medic, in the background or so, one of the soldiers were saying something like "i thought i got him", i'm going to have to rewatch the episode to make sure..

When Janet and Daniel show up at the scene, one of the soldiers say something like 'I'll cover you from up on that ridge' and he goes off screen away from the camera.

When the Jaffa Shoots Janet we hear gun fire and that same soldier yell something like 'I think I got him'.

However it's still the Jaffa's fault for killing her.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Its usually the shooter who is in fault, haha.. But yah, thanks for telling about what the soldiers said.

Where was Cassie at the memorial service? I didn't remember seeing her there.

She wasn't there Or if she was she was "off-screen" the whole time.

That was one thing I was a little disapointed with. I would have at least liked to have seen her at the service. And it really would have been nice if they had had her in several scenes.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast