No announcement yet.

Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just the bit about any show that gets to me. Oh what a coincidence that they or something just happens to be in the place at the wrong time
    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      A field medic like Janet was for the purpose of this ep would not know in advance how many hands she'd need or what she'd need help with.
      I fully agree. The little information the SGC got didn't say much about Wells' injuries. There were said to be about six Jaffa on 666 (oh, another "coincidence"?), with whom SG-1 and the other teams could have easily dealt with, and Fraiser would have been there to only get the injured man out of there. I won't start the "Why was Daniel there at all?" because he would rarely have anything to do in all military actions, but I buy about everything that has happened in this episode and see it as part of the SG-1 stories.

I also like the consequences for Fraiser's death in future episodes. I don't want to praise it too much, but how her death led up to Inauguration and finally Lost City fits so nice (I liked her character but I accept she's gone).
      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume
        Yet the question remains: why was Daniel assisting her? Surely, a "professional" medic would have been more proficient, especially given the combat situation.

If I understand the original question correctly, dorien was actually not speaking ill of Daniel. It was instead a question about a specific plot point, as there wasn't any good reason, i.e., something that actually transpired on the show, for Daniel to be where he was. Personally, I think it was because the plot needed him to be there.
        The reason I don't like this episode is because it was a contrived plot designed to kill Dr Fraiser. It rang false at every turn. Why was Fraiser sent into a combat situation in the first place? It was the job for a medic. Fraiser should have been at the SGC prepping the infirmary. Why was Daniel assisting when trained medics were also on the mission? Just where were these medics anyway? And why didn't he express any sense of responsibility for her death? After all, it's only human to play the "if only..." game.

You are right Liebestraume, my original question wasn't actually about Daniel but the plot points that had to be shoehorned into the story to kill Janet. It just wasn't well done. It was false and contrived and poorly written.

Comment

There is a deleted scene from scifi.com for this episode that had Jack seeing the final tape... it should have been included.

Comment

Most of the deleted scenes from scifi.com include RDA... why cut those out? We don't see him enough in s7.

Comment

This ep. was completely ruined for me by an interview in a Sci-fi mag that gave away the entire plot. This meant that I already knew who was going to die, making the whole "is it Jack?" plotline pointless for me.

I was also amazed to read a thread on another forum where SC was being blamed for Janets death!
              According to that thread, SC left her post to attend Jack, which allowed a clear shot at Janet.
              The fact that Frasier was communicating by radio and not just shouting, and was therefore nowhere near SC & J seemed to have been missed.
              sigpic

Comment

I loved and hated this episode, I wish Janet was still here, she is very entertaining, also, everyone knows they wouldn’t kill someone like jack off, so they should have made us think they’d killed someone a little more expendable, to make it more believable.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                  She wasn't there Or if she was she was "off-screen" the whole time.

That was one thing I was a little disapointed with. I would have at least liked to have seen her at the service. And it really would have been nice if they had had her in several scenes.

WHY DID SHE HAD TO DIE
                  WHY it's not fair man I tell you. I'm angry !!!!!!!How could they kill doc fraizer What about Cassendra?Who's going to look after Cassie?First her planet than Janet
                  Deluise should let some moments of Fraiser see when Carter was reading the list and then with sad music that would be a beautifull way to say goodbye to Janet Fraiser She's gone Such great actress !!! And that ennoying short fellow I hate him He was enoying.I'm urked but kodos to Jack !!!! He did the interview even he didn't liked the short fellow.MAybe General Hammond orded him to do it?Who knows?
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

It was sooo sad. I was afraid that it was Jack who died (stupid me, shoulda known better), and then I found out it was Janet, so so sad! They shouldn'ta killed her off! I miss her! They'll never find another replacement for her! *rants on for another ten minutes* The SGC has already been affected by it. The SGC will never be the same. Maybe they can find a sarcophogus...
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

It was unbelievably sad- I loved the fact that we didn't know who actually dies (unless we read spoilers) but it was great- sort of like yo expected it to be Jack and you were worried but you prepared yourself and then it was Janet, I didn't realise how much I like her until she was gone and i really miss her now. It was a great emotive ep for sg-1 though, fantabulous!

Comment

I have been avoiding watching this episode .... forever. I'm crying. Haven't done that over a fictional character in a very long time. I understand why they did it. I understand the reason intellectually.

Doesn't change that I hate that they did it.

Comment

i loved this ep.
                          it was sad that janet died but it was necessary to show that we are at war and people are lost in war. we are always seeing other soldiers die but it doesn't mean much cos we don't know them.
                          i loved the j/s hug in this ep. very shippy!!
                          sigpic
                          http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                          http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

I really don't think I can put myself through watching this again. All of you have made some great comments and posed some really good questions, so I may have to go back to my DVDs.

I didn't know Janet was going to die. I've been watching season 8, but obviously was not very observant. *slaps forehead* However, it did seem a bit contrived. First of all, Janet doesn't go off-world much and all of a sudden we've got her in the middle of a battlefield. Since when does Daniel assist in medical situations? It would be one thing if they had made his character have medical training in the fieldfrom the beginning, but this was obviously just set up for him to videotape Wells' death message to his wife.

Cassie was mentioned, but only briefly. Uh. . . why wasn't she at the memorial service? It was her mother. They could've just done a shot of her, she didn't have to have any lines. It would have been much more poignant that way. Is Cassie eighteen yet or does she still need a legal guardian? Who's going to become her adoptive parent now?

This was definitely a heartwrenching one. Sam crying in her office. The hug between Sam and Jack. Daniel's visit to see baby Janet. Then to top is all off that memorial service. *reaches for tissue*

Not sure if I can sit through it again.

Comment

Stay strong! You can do it! And yes, I believe Cassie is over the legal age. She was twelve in the first season, so ya figure that's not a problem.
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                I have been avoiding watching this episode .... forever. I'm crying. Haven't done that over a fictional character in a very long time. I understand why they did it. I understand the reason intellectually.

Doesn't change that I hate that they did it.
                                Yes, I cried too. Hadn't done that since I saw The Horse Whisperer. I still don't understand why they did it. Her death was totally unneeded--I mean, when Daniel Ascended, that was because MS left the role and they needed a graceful way to send him off. TR was perfectly happy playing Janet. There was no reason to kill her; nothing that advanced the seasonal storyline. At all.

It was a good ep--I'm just still in mourning for Janet, and it's been what, six, seven months? The J/S hug scene was great (our first ship or h/c scene since "Grace"!); Daniel's trip to see what's-his-name's kidlet; it was great in all areas except one certain element. I'm a mild Daniel/Janet shipper (blame Wendy Parkinson's fics--it's all her fault), so the scenes with Danny hit me really hard. At LauraJo's musicvid website, she has great Janet video, "Fly: We Won't Forget" (http://www.laurajo.net/sg1/videos/fly.zip). I have it playing at the moment, actually, and it's really beautiful and sad. An excellent tribute to Janet Frasier.

I just wish that there hadn't been a reason for that video to have been made, that's all.
                                Last edited by zats; 03 December 2004, 05:58 PM. Reason: Keep golf balls in your pockets to keep from being abducted by aliens! Really! Worked for me (drat!)

Comment

Working...
                                X