X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hated this episode for two reasons
    1. Janet died
    2. It made me cry, and I hate crying over tv/movies it makes my eyes hurt

I liked this episode because it was a very moving, powerful piece of television. Janet's death was instant and not drawn out like most tv death's are, one minutes she's talking, alive, the next minute she's dead. I thought Bregman gained a new sense of appreciation for the SGC after watching Daniel's tape. I like when something like that happens. Someone's attitude is changed not through a violent act, albeit Janet's death was violent, but by seeing something through a different set of eyes so to speak.

So although I love watching it I try to avoid it because of Janet's death. I don't think I would have been as moved though if it had been another character like Wells or Jack. But then again, Janet is my fav character from SG1

Australian Teryl Rothery Fan Club
    www.atrfc.com

Comment

I think Bregman understood the SGC, than most people of the SGC. It wasn't until shortly after he had a rouge cut of the film, that the people realized what he was trying to do.

I was with Bregman all the way, even when O'Neil and Hammond was trying to discourage him.

Comment

this was on the best episodes of the season because it was nicely done and it made me cry because frasier died

Comment

Good ep. Very sad. I miss Janet :'(

For everyone picking technincal holes in the plot, it was a good story and that's all that matters (within reason).
          My favs:

Comment

Heros were great 2 episodes... I loved how at the end they played the documentary. Sam was really broken up and it was nice how teal'c helped her out. Also when Jack was up again and she was so glad he was okay! It was an amazing story from start to finish and ranks among my fav episodes of all time!

It was sad that Janet died, but im still holding a litle hope for her yet! (see my thread in season 10 section)

Comment

I only saw it once in its entirety 'cos I cried so much at the end that I can't watch it again for the moment. Maybe one day I'll go beyond that feeling.

The first part was so funny that it make the second one even sadder.

Comment

Yup, have to admit this one was a shocker, after all the funny business with the camera crew we were suddenly all gearing ourselves up expecting the casualty to be Jack and then they drop that bombshell on us. Well paced, well written episode. In my top 10.
                sigpic
                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Great episode(s)! Christopher Judge and Gary Jones were hilarious in the first part. The second part I loved except for Fraiser dying. I loved her character. I knew she was going to die because I accidently saw a spoiler when i started watching SG-1 awhile ago but it still caught me by suprise. I hope she doesn't come back because that would seem too cheesy and unrealistic. Anyways great episode, surely one of my favorite.

Comment

I was so sad to see Janets demise in this episode but I thought it was a touching tribute to people in the military and was really well written and thought provoking. It showed how much people put their lives on the line for others and I'm glad that if Janet had to go she went as a hero. Losing such a well loved character made it really hit home about the sacrifices people make for others in life, military and otherwise and I couldnt stop crying when I watched it as it was so poignant. I just wish that it hadn't been our Janet that had to go because Teryl brought so much to the show and Janet is really missed.

Luce xxx

Comment

such a great episode, but still a very sad one

both parts of the ep were great. i loved the first because it brought back that feeling of trust which was sorely lacking in S6 and S7, it brought back some old Stargate
                      the second part was just brilliantly told. it really amplified those feelings from part 1 when Janet died. and it was chilling when Daniel was shouting for a medic out in the field. and when he was talking about his ascension. and during the eulogy....it was just brilliant
                      it ended very well too, with the guy who wasnt willing to cooperate at the beginning, and now is ok with honouring a close friend

I do cry everytime I see this episode, and I believe its one of the best S7 eps, and definitely a landmark SG-1 episode

We'll miss you Janet
                      - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

This has to be the most powerful Stargate episode ever. It's still the only one I have ever cried over-strangely not when Janet died, but when Daniel went to see Wells and his new baby daughter and it is revealed that she's called Janet. Gets me every time.

But was the viewer really supposed to believe that it might have been Jack who died?
                        always and forever
                        My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                        My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Should've done this a while ago, but after watching Heroes Pt. 2 again, and reading this thread I have something to say to the people who are complaining about Janet's death being rushed, poorly written or whatever.

You have to look at the situation, and most importantly what transpired.
                          First off, you could blame Hammond for sending them in like that, but I think what Maynard says in "Inauguration" explains that.
                          You have to look at it from Hammond's point of view, You have reports of multiple enemies in the area, a serious injury, and an SG team in a very bad situation.
                          What do you do, the logical thing.
                          Send in your frontline team which contains of a very seasoned combat leader and veteran, an extremely smart scientist/combat veteran, an extremely smart seasoned combat veteran, and last but not least, a guy whos been fighting before any of them were born and whos the former supreme commander of an army of millions, possibly tens of millions, maybe more, we dont know for sure.
                          You also send in your best doctor, a medical team, and a backup combat team.
                          Now, you can hate the jaffa who shot Janet, but also look at it from his point of view, he did what most snipers would have done in that situation, take out the medic, thats essentially 2 kills right there and a blow to the Tau'ri.
                          Personally I would have taken out Daniel, that would have been a much bigger blow to us, but maybe he didn't recognize him or whatever.

You could also blame the guys who were supposed to be guarding them, but I think that one guy was pretty quick to take out that jaffa before he did any more harm.

It's war, and you have no control over stuff like that.
                          Personally I think that TPTB have a great understanding of military tactics, and it was written beautifully.
                          Janet had to go, so we could get past this stupid characters dying and coming back in some form or another crap, and aside from one of SG-1 or Hammond, Janet's death would have had the biggest impact on us, and it did.

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                            This has to be the most powerful Stargate episode ever. It's still the only one I have ever cried over-strangely not when Janet died, but when Daniel went to see Wells and his new baby daughter and it is revealed that she's called Janet. Gets me every time.

But was the viewer really supposed to believe that it might have been Jack who died?
                            I just watched this episode about 5 minutes ago and even though I have seen it about a bazillion times, I cried!. The ending just gets me! Soooo sad. I especially shed a tear when the man said that his daughter was named Janet after Dr. Frasier. Like you said this episode is the most powerful episode in Stargate ever. It's not only powerful... but touching. And the fact that that baby was just so darn cute and kind of looks like a Janet to me. I love this episode despite the fact that Janet died and I love her character so much. **Cries** When I watch this episode I tell myself "It is just a TV show" and try not to cry... but if this was real I can tell you I would probably be crying my head off (if I watched the documentary of course because if it was real I would not know about Janet and such...)

Ronon Dex Devil
                            Sig made by my good friend, Sarah.

Comment

I thought I had seen all of the episodes, but was vaguely aware that I hadn't seen the ep where we lose Janet. After watching it last night.....WHOA! The last 15 minutes I was so choked up with tears, but when they said the baby's name, that did me in.

What a brilliant, heartfelt tribute. I'm still overwhelmed with the power of it.

Comment

I agree that the loss of Janet was going to impact us (the viewers) most significantly outside of the loss of one of SG-1 or Hammond. I also thought the feint that O'Neill being wounded was a nice touch. It takes a lot to make me cry in RL, but this episode had my eyes watering as well, and the tribute to Janet was very well done, imho.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X