No announcement yet.

Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched this episode a few moments ago and I was surprised at the ending.
    Spoiler:
    When O'Neill was shot I was guessing it was in connection with his death (I've watched Season 8 first before Season 1-7). Now I see is as a way to deflect the rumors (just speculating here) of his doom.
    I was shocked, speechless and was on the verge to tears when the officer confirmed that the good Doctor was dead. I found Robert Picardo's character so offensive. More offensive than Senator Kinsey. The true evil isnt the goa'uld but the self-serving & self-righteous bureaucrats and politicians that try to derail the work of the SGC. This episodes ranks among the top 5 best episode I've watched so far. The screen time given to Fraiser was well measured enough so that the evens are a total shocker. I saw how the director tried to pull off a modern war movie look to the episode but was barely able too. When Dr Jackson was in the room where he died and looked up i was wondering if he was thinking of asking Oma Desala to get Fraiser to asscened. I guess having Fraiser do so would be sorta cheating.

So what happens to Cassie now? Poor kid must be crushed having 3 parents die on her due to goa'uld related deaths.

As I see it during a combat situation the med team would spread out to treat the wounded on the field. They could be busy attending to someone, being pinned down by fire or are dead. So it wouldnt be too surprising that Dr Jackson had to help. Who else would help Fraiser? Waiting for the med team to go to them could mean death to the airman.

Comment

I've struggled with why they'd send Janet--their top expert on alien diseases, etc.-- out on this mission. The only thing I could think of was that perhaps the idea was they don't play favorites on those assignments--Fraiser happened to be the one on call, so she was sent. Doesn't completely justify it for me, (since we've seen "favorites" before) but I'll have to deal. sigh

Comment

this was one hell of an episode, emotional, got action, had an actual point behind the documentary.

I remember watching this for the first time-it was such a twist with who died great episode.

Also was there any particular reason for killing off janet?
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

While making my way through my Season 7 dvd set I stopped on this one. It caught me off guard and they let us think that Jack had died. That was upsetting me to and was sort of releived that it was Dr. Frazier. It was all very sad though, and I felt it was a good stopping point for my veiwing of the Season. I will watch the rest later this week, I am excited since I haven't seen these episodes before.

Comment

I thought it was a great episode. Very emotional. I don't like watching it that much though cos it makes me sad.

Anyhoo... Was it intended for the team to get in trouble being sg-13?? And the planet being P3X-666?

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
              ...Also was there any particular reason for killing off janet?
              The TPTB were briefly possessed by goa'uld who made them do it.

It's the only reason I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                I thought it was a great episode. Very emotional. I don't like watching it that much though cos it makes me sad.

Anyhoo... Was it intended for the team to get in trouble being sg-13?? And the planet being P3X-666?
                Hmm, never thought of that before.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Best parts:
                  Gou'ld Firefight and
                  how the death was shot, through the handheld camera

Comment

everytime i watch this episode i cry like a baby! why did janet have to die? why i ask you why?!

Comment

yea, i cried. ! it was just sad, i had missed it the Friday that it aired, so i watched it on saturday, and i was depressed for the rest of the day.
                      Save us from danger, save us from evil
                      Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

i cry to when i watch this and i am a grow man so i think to say that this wasw a really good ep and i think it won an award if i am corecct i also think that they did a good job of making it look real like when frasier was shot thruogh the camera and the staff blast hit her in the chest i hate that part i go silent every time and sam's speech was good
                        i thought it to be sad when it first aired i thought that colonel O'neill was the one that was going to die and then fraiser i really think this is a sad ep

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey

looks like bad luck all ovr the place yikes

still sad no matter what wish i could change the outcome

Comment

Lots of you talk about watching deleted scenes on Sci Fi's web site, but I haven't been able to find them. Could someone post a link?

Comment

I really thought Cassie should have made an appearance.
                              Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

same here! it would've been even sadder imo
                                Save us from danger, save us from evil
                                Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Working...
                                X