No announcement yet.

Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked the episode and too am very upset that Janet is gone. I think they should have come up with some way to get the same point across without sacrificing her.

Also, it should have had Cassie at the memorial or added Sam going to tell her what happened.

The part of the final documnetary we were shown, (with Hammond), was that the ending of it, I think it was.

Another wierd thing, Dr. Fraiser was not in like 6 immediately prior episodes, the last one before these was Season 7, Ep. 10. I thought that was strange, with her leaving and all.

I've been searching sites to find why they killed off Janet, and really could not find anything. Can you help or point me in the right direction? Was it a problem or personal reason on Teryl's part? Was it just because TPTB decided they wanted to do this? Or some other reason.
    Last edited by QuiGonJohn; 02 July 2005, 09:05 AM.

Comment

As eps and related deaths go, this could have been worse. Janet died saving a life. She could have been creamed by a potato chip truck or something.

I'm trying to fnd the silver lining here...

And point of interest, I cried more during this ep than the end of Return of the King.
      Last edited by zats; 13 July 2005, 06:08 PM. Reason: Oh, right. That other thing...

Comment

I think these two episodes were done completely wrong. Firstly it should have been a more realistic war reporter and they should have shown the whole episode from that perspective. Send them out on a "boring" offworld mission with a couple of teams, have something unexpectedly go wrong, and then a rescue. Would have been much more similiar to vietnam style reporting and a whole lot more interested and less annoying. Thanks,

David

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn
          I really liked the episode and too am very upset that Janet is gone. I think they should have come up with some way to get the same point across without sacrificing her.

Also, it should have had Cassie at the memorial or added Sam going to tell her what happened.

The part of the final documnetary we were shown, (with Hammond), was that the ending of it, I think it was.

Another wierd thing, Dr. Fraiser was not in like 6 immediately prior episodes, the last one before these was Season 7, Ep. 10. I thought that was strange, with her leaving and all.

I've been searching sites to find why they killed off Janet, and really could not find anything. Can you help or point me in the right direction? Was it a problem or personal reason on Teryl's part? Was it just because TPTB decided they wanted to do this? Or some other reason.
          When the episode was written, they thought S7 was going to be the last season and they wanted to go out with a bang. Heroes, Pt II is the 150th episode, also worthy of a "big event." They also felt that the various ascensions, when combined with the use of a sarcophagus over the years, had degraded the intensity/danger of combat for Our Heroes. I mean, none of the important characters ever really die, just like any SF/F show. They wanted to shock people by proving that even main/major characters weren't exempt. By the time they were renewed for S8, the episode had been filmed and it was too late to change.
          My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
          -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
          -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
          -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

BOOOOO @ this episode. BOOOO!!!!!

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

I love this episode, it is probably my favourite episode (both parts of Heros) of the entire series, I though Janet was a great character, and I still miss her.
              Like art? Buy prints.

Comment

it's not Daniel's fault there was supposed to someone looking out for them in the distant but after Janet got shot you could hear him saying sorry and if anyone was hurt so really it could be his fault but overall it's not something that ever really happen before having a ambush of this size and so many people involved
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This is the second episode I watched with Dr.Frasier (the first was Heroes pt1) and I was really sad when I found out that this was her last! That's not fair!
                  For what I've seen of her she seemed to be a very nice character.
                  Hope to get reruns of the other seasons and get more Dr.Frasier.
                  Who replaced her as medical officer in the show?

Comment

I like this episode except for the part when Janet died.

Comment

THEY NEVER BRUNG HER BODY BACK.......JANET COULD STIILL BE ALIVE.....SOMEHOW.....YOU'RE A GATEHEAD FIGURE IT OUT......
                      Stargate Pants Girl
                      (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                      Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Originally posted by Boobala
                        THEY NEVER BRUNG HER BODY BACK.......JANET COULD STIILL BE ALIVE.....SOMEHOW.....YOU'RE A GATEHEAD FIGURE IT OUT......

its a good point but i dont think so sadly. they seem to kill off a lot of the ppl. eg - Sam's Dad, Hamond left, a couple of the bad guy disaperd so i dont think so but its posible
                        Stargate SG1 Rox!!!

Comment

This episode brought me to tears. Frasier was (and still is) one of my favorite characters, and I thought she was especially great in this episode.

I think this is the best SG-1 episode I've ever seen - very powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by TLong
                            This episode brought me to tears. Frasier was (and still is) one of my favorite characters, and I thought she was especially great in this episode.

I think this is the best SG-1 episode I've ever seen - very powerful.
                            I agree. I mean, when Sam was telling Jack she was glad he was okay and she started crying, I did too the first time I saw it.

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                            My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                            My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                            My Stargate Videos
                            It's meant to be!

Comment

Everytime I watch this episode, I tell myself not to cry and that I won't cry. But I always do...

When that dude says the baby girl's name is Janet, I just break down.

Comment

I cry at least three times during this episode

1. When Janet gets shot
                                2. When Danny visits the baby Janet
                                3. When Sam gives the speech

*cries even thinking even about it*

xox
                                Stargate Pants Girl
                                (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                                Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Working...