No announcement yet.

Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't Daniel's fault at all, maybe he was helping as a medic and filming at the sametime, but i think it was the job of the surrounding soilders to protect the perimeter of the area, but i don't know, but i did listen to about the same time Daniel was yelling for a medic, in the background or so, one of the soldiers were saying something like "i thought i got him", i'm going to have to rewatch the episode to make sure..
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

When Janet and Daniel show up at the scene, one of the soldiers say something like 'I'll cover you from up on that ridge' and he goes off screen away from the camera.

When the Jaffa Shoots Janet we hear gun fire and that same soldier yell something like 'I think I got him'.

However it's still the Jaffa's fault for killing her.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Its usually the shooter who is in fault, haha.. But yah, thanks for telling about what the soldiers said.
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Where was Cassie at the memorial service? I didn't remember seeing her there.

Comment

She wasn't there Or if she was she was "off-screen" the whole time.

That was one thing I was a little disapointed with. I would have at least liked to have seen her at the service. And it really would have been nice if they had had her in several scenes.
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

They kinda left the whole Cassey thing unexplained. I agree too, it would have been nice to see her. I was rather bumbed that they didn't have her.
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

It would be something they should deal with in season eight, not saying that they wll
                __

__

Comment

I have to say that Heroes Part 2 is one of if not my overall favorite episode, but the Cassie thing was one bit that felt a little off to me. I wish that she had been more than just one throw away line. I don't think that Sam was callously dismissing her by saying "She's tough" but I wish that Cassie had been able to actually make an appearance. I do realize though that they only had 42 minutes to cram A LOT of stuff into so I don't really dwell on it too much, it's just more of a "that would have been nice" type of thing.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

It really gets you wondering about what is going to happen to her and what her reaction was to this
                    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by dorien
                      As SG-1's resident linguist/archeologist, Daniel wasn't needed on the rescue mission. As a seasoned veteran of offworld combat situations, he was needed. But he didn't act in that capacity. While he should have had his eyes up and scanning the area for threats, he was busy playing medic and filming.

So...was he responsible for Dr Frasier's death?
                      Having Daniel accompanying Janet might not seem the most logical course of action given the combat situation, but I think it was a necessary plot-device for the episode. Not only did it provide some "character moment" for Daniel, the recorded video footage also led to Bregman telling his story, which gave some insight to the character's motivation. In the end, this plot-device served the overall story line very well.

In fact, this two-parter is among my favorites of the whole series. For once, the significance of heroism is not pounded into the audience by a sledge hammer but driven home very subtly. I especially appreciated the fact that neither episode put undue emphasis on Janet's scenes. To me, it said dying in the line of duty is a very real possibility that these men and women -- and especially Janet -- face on a daily basis. They were heros not because of how they died, but because of how they did their job despite of knowing, and fearing, they might die.
                      In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

It seemed weird that Daniel would actually record that because of what he was going through and even harder to give it up
                        __

__

Comment

From my memory, and from reading the transcripts here, it seems that at that point, Daniel's duty wasn't combat, but as medical assistant to Janet. Yeah, they had him doing something that wasn't his usual job description, but for the purpose of that scene, he was doing what he was supposed to do. Another soldier was covering them, and Janet needed Daniel at first to help turn Wells over so she could check him, and to hold the IV bag. Later, taking nonverbal cues from Janet that he should do it, he filmed Wells' message to his wife. Again, he didn't stop covering Janet to do so, because he was there in (for the purpose of the plot, which did put people in situations that they normally wouldn't be in) the capacity as her assistant.
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                            From my memory, and from reading the transcripts here, it seems that at that point, Daniel's duty wasn't combat, but as medical assistant to Janet.
                            Yes, you are correct. Yet the question remains: why was Daniel assisting her? Surely, a "professional" medic would have been more proficient, especially given the combat situation.

If I understand the original question correctly, dorien was actually not speaking ill of Daniel. It was instead a question about a specific plot point, as there wasn't any good reason, i.e., something that actually transpired on the show, for Daniel to be where he was. Personally, I think it was because the plot needed him to be there.
                            In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Quite right, Daniel didn't exactly do much apart from say a couple of words and get out his camera and start recording
                              __

__

Comment

A field medic like Janet was for the purpose of this ep would not know in advance how many hands she'd need or what she'd need help with. She would assess the patient and if she thought the civillian team member accompanying her was likely to be of use to her in saving a life (and in the absence of orders from the CO that he would be better utilised on the front line) she might order him to stay with her. If it turns out that she is able to manage for the most part without him that doesn't make her wrong to have requested his presence, or to keep him by her in case the patient has a downturn and does requires more than a single medic. It certainly doesn't make anything that civillian's fault.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X