No announcement yet.

Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teryl Rothery has quite a good career of being a guest star in a lot of other shows, and was one of the stars of a show called "Cedar Cove". I love seeing her in any role.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      True dat. Heck i would have loved to see some sort of wall IN the SGC, with a list of the dead shown..
      I believe there is a fanfiction story that has such a wall, with all the names of lost soldiers that went through the gate. I don't recall the title or author, but it was a good story.

Comment

losing Frasiure sorta did hurt the show in terms of the complexity of the stories they could do, she was a important background character for helping develop emotions and character arcs during the good episodes, and she may be why the season 8 9 and 10 floundered so poorly because she was important to thier characters expressing and evolving, losing any main cast in a way was crippling to the show, but she helped each member to advance etc just like atlantis losing thier doctor hurt their character arcs, a surprising amount of character comes from treating wounds, diagnosiing problems, and helping people to recover and deal with situations

Comment

I swore I was never going to watch this episode again after having seen it the first time when it aired.
          I couldn't get myself to watch it some years ago when I attempted a rewatch, but thought "hey enough time has passed and you know what's going to happen -- it's all good." ... but it isn't.

I'm heartbroken all over again.

The second part of Heroes far exceeds the first half, and it's beyond excellent. Yes, they axe Janet and have us believe it's Jack. It could have been him but he's the lead and yeah well... they're always protected by some magical force.

Bregman's speech about journalism and the manipulation of stories totally threw me -- it's so powerful. And when he's finally got hold of the tape, and rubbing his hands at his victory, only to find what it contains is less than what he expected to see or at least, definitely not the kind of "action" he was expecting to see. It threw him -- it threw them all.

Oh and I wanted to slap Woolsey and chuck him through the nearest open wormhole, straight into that black hole if at all possible.

How would you rate SG-1's "Heroes, Part 2"?

Excellent
          -- far exceeding really
          Good
          Fair
          Poor
          Terrible

In any case... never watching this episode again. For real this time.

---------------EDIT----------------

3-episode quiz: Heroes II, Resurrection & Inauguration

Jigsaw puzzle: Heroes, part II
          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 14 August 2019, 04:03 PM. Reason: Adding quiz & jigsaw
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

16:19
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Yes, they axe Janet and have us believe it's Jack. It could have been him but he's the lead and yeah well...
              By the time I saw this, I knew RDA was retiring it, so the tension was really there the first time--if he was leaving the show (as I thought), they really could've axed him.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Too bad they didn't get rid of him. Would of saved us from the trainwreck that was S8.

Anyway, this is one of those episodes where I break from the general consensus. The Janet death didn't move me like many people. It was sad but its no different than other recurring characters dying. Actually more moved by Bergman speech about the Vietnam journalist. It give a lot of motive. Honestly this episode is only a far as it drags on with the losing of someone. I probably would have liked more depth in Janet dying or showing more about Woodley. Maybe the latter is intentional to give more weight into Inauguration. 8:45 and fair
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Actually more moved by Bergman speech about the Vietnam journalist. It give a lot of motive.
                  That story, to me, felt like a lie in order for Daniel to give up the tape.
                  Bregman wanted that tape so badly that I figured he'd make up a story that would work on Daniel's emotions so he would surrender the tape regardless of how he felt towards Bregman and surrendering the tape.

Comment

No, it was real. If he was that self-centered, he never would have returned the tape to Daniel
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      No, it was real. If he was that self-centered, he never would have returned the tape to Daniel
                      Agreed. I never considered Bergman self centred. He came across as totally genuine throughout both parts.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

9:40 -- still consistently behind Jelgate.

Comment

When aren't you ?
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Comment

:'(((((((((((

What can I say...

She's gone...

Oh that episode...

Comment

Originally posted by Razibot View Post
                                Oh that episode...
                                Yeah... we know.

Comment

Working...
                                X