Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Like it needed more sadness.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Chief Master Sergeant ohshocking's Avatar

Default Re: Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Quote Originally Posted by PugGate
    I really thought Cassie should have made an appearance.
    Yeah me too, I guess the actress wasn't available or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jack and sam 4eva 2getha
    same here! it would've been even sadder imo
    Yes, goodness, the episode would have been even worse to watch, it was upsetting enough already! But to have Janet's daughter there... Oh, I'd have been way gone
    Uncontrolled Destiny
    My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/ShepWeir.jpg

Second Lieutenant Commander Aegir's Avatar

COOL battle scene always love that when i watch it
    "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Quote Originally Posted by PugGate
    I really thought Cassie should have made an appearance.
    Agree
    Really sad but good ep. Nice battle seens and explosions but they killed Janet I cryed. That was the worst part of that ep. everything else was pretty good

I've watched the episode when it aired and now on dvd and I cry every time.

TV "Heroes - Part Two" Premieres in Syndication - April 23/24th

Just a reminder for US fans -- Stargate SG-1's "Heroes - Part Two" premieres in Syndication this weekend (April 23/24th). Check your local listings for channel, date and time.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

I watched Heroes 2 last night (Sat. @ 11pm), and it never fails. Everytime I watch this episode, I lose it everytime. This has to be the saddest episode. I watched this ep so many times, and yet it still makes me cry. I just miss Janet Fraiser so much.

The scenes that I cried at the most.....
    • seeing Janet get shot on the tape and hearing that she didn't make it
    • the scene with Sam trying to write a eulogy for Janet and Teal'c comforting her
    • seeing Daniel sit in the dark ICU crying and talking about Janet and how she wouldn't give up on him
    • the moment when Taps was played and throughout the whole memorial scene.
    Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

First Lieutenant SimilarCadence's Avatar

Well, I saw Heroes 2 for the first time yesterday (I'm relatively new to SG-1) and I went through a box of Puffs before it ended. Thanks to spoilers, I knew what was coming----if I hadn't known, it would've been much worse....What an emotionally wrenching episode! (I'm glad my husband wasn't around while I was watching it! He likes SG-1 but I don't think he would have understood my grief-stricken sobs throughout most of the show.....)

I still don't understand why TPTB felt it necessary to have Janet die----she was such a solid addition to SG-1; Teryl Rothery did an amazing job every time she showed up on the screen. Why let go of an actor of that quality?

I don't think I'll be able to watch this episode again for a long while.......(although, once again, I was dazzled by both Tapping's and Shanks' performances!)

Quote Originally Posted by SimilarCadence
    I still don't understand why TPTB felt it necessary to have Janet die----she was such a solid addition to SG-1; Teryl Rothery did an amazing job every time she showed up on the screen. Why let go of an actor of that quality?
    Because she was such a great character. What would create a larger response from fans: killing a beloved character or killing an extra (a red shirt, if you will )

I still cry every time I see this episode, especially during the eulogy. I hear taps, whether it's on TV or in real life and I lose it every time. I still believe that the eulogy Sam gives at the end is perfect in its simplicity.
    It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor
    --Sandman "The Kindly Ones"

"Security clearance?"

First Lieutenant SimilarCadence's Avatar

Yes, agreed----the eulogy was perfect in every way!

I've just finished watching this episode on HBO channel here in Poland. Good ep. And I'm gonna miss Janet very much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScorpionsSting
    That guy who was crying like a little baby that Daniel was video tapping killed Dr.Frasier. If it wasn't for his winning like a little B**** she wouldn't be dead because Daniel would have been on the lookout
    I don't see how you can blame that guy, he felt he was going to die, and would never see his wife or unborn child. When you're in that situation you get very emotional, and that added to the pain he must have been experiencing I'm not surprised he was reduced to tears.

Anyway, I thought this was a great episode, it dealt with a lot of issues like how valid "reality" tv actually is and what pictures of what happens actually represent. I thought the scene where the tape was replayed and Janet was seen dying was very painful, even though I had been spoiled beforehand. Her memorial was perfect and I thought the episode was very clever indeed.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

All i can say is well done to all the actors, beautifully acted by all.

I cant believe Janets gone!!!!!

No how can it be

This must be one of the most moving Stargate episodes ever.. it really cuts into the heart and guts of the programme. It shamelessly pushes all the right emotional buttons but the reality is, these people live in constant danger and any day could be their last. After seven years, we expect the team to go into a new place, explore it, make friends or enemies and come out of it alive. But not everyone comes out of it in one piece and that has to be acknowledged.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Heroes, Part 2 (718)

I can't wait until they play this one again. This is most definitely one of the highest points in the series.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

I really liked the episode and too am very upset that Janet is gone. I think they should have come up with some way to get the same point across without sacrificing her.

Also, it should have had Cassie at the memorial or added Sam going to tell her what happened.

The part of the final documnetary we were shown, (with Hammond), was that the ending of it, I think it was.

Another wierd thing, Dr. Fraiser was not in like 6 immediately prior episodes, the last one before these was Season 7, Ep. 10. I thought that was strange, with her leaving and all.

I've been searching sites to find why they killed off Janet, and really could not find anything. Can you help or point me in the right direction? Was it a problem or personal reason on Teryl's part? Was it just because TPTB decided they wanted to do this? Or some other reason.
    Last edited by QuiGonJohn; July 2nd, 2005 at 10:05 AM.

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Zat Re: Heroes, Part 2 (718)

As eps and related deaths go, this could have been worse. Janet died saving a life. She could have been creamed by a potato chip truck or something.

I'm trying to fnd the silver lining here...

And point of interest, I cried more during this ep than the end of Return of the King.
    Last edited by zats; July 13th, 2005 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Oh, right. That other thing...

I think these two episodes were done completely wrong. Firstly it should have been a more realistic war reporter and they should have shown the whole episode from that perspective. Send them out on a "boring" offworld mission with a couple of teams, have something unexpectedly go wrong, and then a rescue. Would have been much more similiar to vietnam style reporting and a whole lot more interested and less annoying. Thanks,

David

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJohn
    I really liked the episode and too am very upset that Janet is gone. I think they should have come up with some way to get the same point across without sacrificing her.

Also, it should have had Cassie at the memorial or added Sam going to tell her what happened.

The part of the final documnetary we were shown, (with Hammond), was that the ending of it, I think it was.

Another wierd thing, Dr. Fraiser was not in like 6 immediately prior episodes, the last one before these was Season 7, Ep. 10. I thought that was strange, with her leaving and all.

I've been searching sites to find why they killed off Janet, and really could not find anything. Can you help or point me in the right direction? Was it a problem or personal reason on Teryl's part? Was it just because TPTB decided they wanted to do this? Or some other reason.
    When the episode was written, they thought S7 was going to be the last season and they wanted to go out with a bang. Heroes, Pt II is the 150th episode, also worthy of a "big event." They also felt that the various ascensions, when combined with the use of a sarcophagus over the years, had degraded the intensity/danger of combat for Our Heroes. I mean, none of the important characters ever really die, just like any SF/F show. They wanted to shock people by proving that even main/major characters weren't exempt. By the time they were renewed for S8, the episode had been filmed and it was too late to change.
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

BOOOOO @ this episode. BOOOO!!!!!
    http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/3033/lucius2sigtx7.jpg
    Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast